We Need To Start Supporting Black Owned Businesses & I Just DROPPED The Jewels On How To Do It

Options
GorillaWitAttitude
GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
I have no idea if this thread has been started before or what, but I have to drop some jewels. We as Blacks haven't been supporting enough of our people's businesses. Around here in Virginia I have seen some go under. Plus we are busy supporting other peoples businesses other than Blacks. I feel if we start supporting Black owed businesses more then that could help shape things for the Black community. We should spend and invest more in Black owned stres and shops. Plus I feel we need to donate more to Black communities and colleges/universities. I've heard HBCU colleges/unis being in need of money and etc. So, how would you help support Black owned businesses and etc. Come in and drop the jewels.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgOjxw37h7ZTJYG_eVSucESyD24ypwhjHQH36JKctlIliV3sUJSupport-Black-Owned-Businesses.jpg

Comments

• _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You said everything that need to be said, but we don't move like that as a people. Programming been done homie. We should look like brazil lookin right now.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    You said everything that need to be said, but we don't move like that as a people. Programming been done homie. We should look like brazil lookin right now.

True, but we need to have get up and go. Seriously, I want my people to do well.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought Freddie Gibbs album.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

True, but we need to have get up and go. Seriously, I want my people to do well.

You are going to drive yourself crazy tryin to get other ? to move. Grown people don't need to be told ? . Just do what you do, if somebody feel like you feel they'll rock wit you. Lead by example.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You are stating the obvious, but only a few care to listen. Additionally, there needs to be more diversity in the types of black businesses and better QOS if we are going to be competitive on a large scale.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dudes on here already said they will shop wherever is closest.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaoooo I went to school w/ the ngga in that pic hahaha
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't stand when i hear a black person say"I ain't going there you know black folks own that ? " Just want to smack the ? outta of them. I try to get a local business owner to come and speak with the kids i mentor. I teach them all the time to be yoru own boss own your won ? . Spend with your people and your community when you can. Do better than me.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    edited July 2014
    Options

You are going to drive yourself crazy tryin to get other ? to move. Grown people don't need to be told ? . Just do what you do, if somebody feel like you feel they'll rock wit you. Lead by example.

Alright and understandable
  • nex gin
    Options
    LPast wrote: »

lol....translated "We need more black owned businesses that aren't in the hood".
  • nex gin
    edited July 2014
    Options
    DWO wrote: »

this.....when a business is ran right...it don't matter where it's at, you'll support it.....

i feel like too many ? have poor business acumen and then think they'll get support outta obligation....

what about their obligation to what they're representing...their responsibility to their business.....

i hate when ? try to guilt blacks into support...

"oh you can't support the brother man, but you support the other man?"

if the other man is kicking your ass in advertising, customer service, quality of work, and price....what the hell you expect??

i used to go to this black cleaners all the time till they switched management and started losing ? ....then you got ignorant ass people answering the phones....people who not trying to be cooperative...rather start an argument then go out of their way to keep a customer....

man ? all that
    nex gin wrote: »
    LPast wrote: »

lol....translated "We need more black owned businesses that aren't in the hood".

lmao & c/s. ? reminds me of this little wing spot that I use to go to at lunch. I would call my order in ahead of time and every time I call some hoodrat manages to ALWAYS put me on hold for 5+ minutes minimum. I would be halfway to the spot before she got back on the phone to take my order. Then when you walk in, the heffa just stares are you.....no "May I help you" or nothing..smh. Then you got the barber shop 2 door down & them nigguhs be coming in the wing spot acting a damn fool all loud cussing and joking w/ the girls at the wing spot. All I can do is just smh & hope whoever in the kitchen that day don't ? my order up.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    But to even it out, there's a Jamaican spot i go to once a week. They look out, when i get there at 9:35 they still open, always nice, remember my name, etc

It aint about race, its about running a professional establishment. We in the Yelp era. Im not frequenting your busniess w/out a favorable Yelp, period. Lol And in a small community: you gotta look out for your customers! Every business transaction is word of mouth business and repeat customers. You can make or break a lifetime cusotmer each time out
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    But to even it out, there's a Jamaican spot i go to once a week. They look out, when i get there at 9:35 they still open, always nice, remember my name, etc

It aint about race, its about running a professional establishment. We in the Yelp era. Im not frequenting your busniess w/out a favorable Yelp, period. Lol And in a small community: you gotta look out for your customers! Every business transaction is word of mouth business and repeat customers. You can make or break a lifetime cusotmer each time out

Right on you said it best. Some of us don't know how to be professional to other folk. We take that hood ? to the establishment and it can't be like that.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    One solution might be to create some kind of rating system/badge program for stores to display in their windows that don't necessarily signify they're black-owned but how much money they get goes back into the local community either through payroll, vendors and services or charity.

But for that to work neighborhoods would need to have a trustworthy chamber of commerce established that could give out the ratings fairly without taking bribes.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From a general standpoint, we as a people aren't on that level yet. We're still struggling to make ends meet. A lot of us are required to buy the cheapest material at the closest store, because that's all our budget will allow. Timing is everything.

One solution for some of us is to not to attempt to leave our 'hoods the first chance we get, and to actually try to better our hometowns by investing in our 'hoods' and demanding more from our political representatives as far as budget cuts and grants.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black excellence
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    I support black business better yet i have supported black entrepreneurs but only when i feel they fit my ideology
    i had a young ? ask me for 7k to help him open a restaurant but he was married to a white ? . when i found that out i said to myself this ? must be out his ? mind.

Lmmmaaoooo!!

• GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    I support black business better yet i have supported black entrepreneurs but only when i feel they fit my ideology
    i had a young ? ask me for 7k to help him open a restaurant but he was married to a white ? . when i found that out i said to myself this ? must be out his ? mind.

I'd admit that was funny.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or
    ? need to stop ? bout why not and just start doing.

? be opening up ? doe. When they got quality they last. I've invested in a couple ? businesses but i knew they standards was high as mine and they succeeded. Its plenty of opportunity here for any ? with a set of nuts. I got a 50k piece of property for fukin 7k just cause the Arab that owned it hadn't seen a ? with no gumption since he closed it
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know one thing though... if you one of you island negroes could open a ? chicken spot where the employees are somewhat friendly and it doesn't take 2 hours to deliver the wrong order you can have all my money.
  • rocqb
    rocqb Members Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I know of a couple new places online where you can buy from Black Businesses. http://PurchaseBlack.com has black owned businesses, they just started and the black owned businesses have a badge on their products, and the non Black owned businesses dont have a label. So if you are trying to buy black, buy from the one's with the label. http://bfhfnetwork.com has a lot of Black owned businesses too. I think all of the companies on bfhs are Black owned. Either way, it's a good look if you trying to buy black. No excuses, they are online.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rocqb wrote: »
    I know of a couple new places online where you can buy from Black Businesses. http://PurchaseBlack.com has black owned businesses, they just started and the black owned businesses have a badge on their products, and the non Black owned businesses dont have a label. So if you are trying to buy black, buy from the one's with the label. http://bfhfnetwork.com has a lot of Black owned businesses too. I think all of the companies on bfhs are Black owned. Either way, it's a good look if you trying to buy black. No excuses, they are online.

1) purchase Black has a bunch of designer stuff that I don't need. I thought you meant everyday household items, man.

2) the second link doesn't work.