The 'Knight' in Knights of King Arthur's Court refers to skin color!!

Options
indyman87
indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
I know yet another they were Black thread but this is amazing. I knew some of them were black but I didn't know all of them were. And everybody in the Black community always be giving nicknames like midnight etc... to dark skinned folks. this is definitely a big duh!

homer_simpson_doh.gif

http://stewartsynopsis.com/europe_conquered_by_africans.htm

The original “knights” of England were Black! --including the knights of King Arthur’s Round Table! That’s why they were called “knights” after the night or darkness of their skin.

An African king named Gormund ruled Ireland during the Anglo-Saxon period in England reports the medieval historian Geoffrey of Monmouth.

Halfdan the Black was the first Africoid king to unite Norway.

When the British Isles were invaded by the Vikings some of these Norse raiders were Africoid. In fact, different varieties of ‘Viking’ Africans lived in Scandinavia during the middle ages and are frequently mentioned in Viking sagas.

There were Black Huns! The dictionary describes the Huns as “a fierce barbaric race of Asiatic nomads who led by Attila, ravaged Europe I the 4th and 5th centuries A.D.” The Gothic writer Jordannes described their infamous leader, Attila the ? as having “a flat nose and swarthy complexion.” He describes the types of Huns he had seen as “of dark complexion, almost black... broad shoulder, flat noses and small eyres.”

The African Moors dominated southwest Europe during the Middle Ages for 700 years: 711-1492 A.D. African Moors ruling southwest Europe centuries, darkened whites in this area, especially Portal, which was “the first example of a Negrito (African) republic in Europe?"

Moors ruling Scotland in the 10th century mixed with whites until the black skin color disappeared.

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I sincerely doubt it.

The word knight, from Old English cniht ("boy" or "servant"),[4] is a cognate of the German word Knecht ("servant, bondsman").[5] This meaning, of unknown origin, is common among West Germanic languages (cf: Old Frisian kniucht, Dutch knecht, Danish knægt, Swedish knekt, Norwegian knekt, Middle High German kneht, all meaning "boy, youth, lad", as well as German Knecht "servant, bondsman, vassal").[4] Anglo-Saxon cniht had no particular connection to horsemanship, referring to any servant. A rādcniht (meaning "riding-servant") was a servant delivering messages or patrolling coastlines on horseback. Old English cnihthād ("knighthood") had the meaning of adolescence (i.e. the period between childhood and manhood) by 1300.[4]
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So much of you're history is buried under white lies.

Pity the masses don't look into history more thoroughly, some very interesting stuff out there.

I took history in my later years at school thinking it was a simple subject to breeze through, looking back half that ? was white washed to the fullest.

Ironic they teach you about propaganda I'm history and pump the same ? through the text books.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what?

Im starting to suspect there is some misinformation being spread about when it comes to the history of "black" people. I understand that there was a white washing of history done. I also understand that so called African Americans have a hidden history. I believe we are apart of the lost tribes of Israel. This is not a new thought, but it just started to gain a lot of prominence within the last 6 years or so.....

Now all of a sudden....EVERYONE in history was black. I feel like they are trying to hide/drown certain things out or cloud the truth at this point.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    6e6c1d5d45db597079216f2cdec50434.jpg

? be like "know your history."

ay those are fresh. id rock em
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    Yes the term Knights was reference to the Moor Black Skin.

All great warriors are black you go to any European Coat of Arms shield and there's a great chance you see a Moor.

You can't not be a Samurai in Japan with out having black blood in your ancestry

That wasn't a rule
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    am i the onyl one who doesn't care?

this just goes to show that ethnicity>race
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    You know what?

Im starting to suspect there is some misinformation being spread about when it comes to the history of "black" people. I understand that there was a white washing of history done. I also understand that so called African Americans have a hidden history. I believe we are apart of the lost tribes of Israel. This is not a new thought, but it just started to gain a lot of prominence within the last 6 years or so.....

Now all of a sudden....EVERYONE in history was black. I feel like they are trying to hide/drown certain things out or cloud the truth at this point.

MY FRIEND IT'S ? PLAIN AND SIMPLE
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    You know what?

From what I've been able to quickly skim through recently, alot of these underwater civilisations that predate time that homosapiens were thought to be walking earth.

Are supposedly black civilisations, but my fellow whites won't share information due to it ? up how they've depicted history.

Also read that the Moors were one of the few people who shared their secrets with whites, while alot of others still hold their secrets in their communities.

Hence why historians have a hard time depicting certain ? and still can't figure out how they managed to build these incredible cities without the technology we currently have.

For example how did the Dogon people know what they know about the universe? ? incredible to me.

I honestly believe black people can reach a higher level of consciousness than whites, why else would we put so much effort into the destruction to the black race?

There's a reason behind it, no one goes to the efforts the white race has unless they feel threatened by something?

Apologies for the long ass reply.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Im pretty sure no one is doubting that probably a fair amount of Black history has been hidden/misinterpreted. ? that goes for history as a WHOLE.

But come the ? on.

Africans of Mauri/Berber descent didnt make it past Modern day Spain as far as being as conquerors.

And furthermore? These ? were not racially/ethnically Black in the sense most of us think off. They're more closely related to Arabs than they are related to those of us who are of West African descent.

Like ? do realize Africa is an entire CONTINENT, right?

Western Africans taking credit and trying to absorb Northern Africans history into their culture, is like a bunch of Chinese saying their ancestors were Samurais. ? outta here.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    6e6c1d5d45db597079216f2cdec50434.jpg

? be like "know your history."

was set trippin hard when these came out
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDK about this one.WIll investigate

I know Moors were in Europe,but I always thought knights were white Europeans mostly
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From a quick search,yes there were black knights,but they weren't all black

I can't find any proof that the name knight came from them being black

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard about this somewhere. Wasn't sure all of them were Black, but I wouldn't be surprised by it. For those doubting it because it wasn't in history books or movies... go see Lucy and read the thread about it in this section. They are already trying to take credit for the first humans to reach that next level of evolution. They will be BLACK.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Heard about this somewhere. Wasn't sure all of them were Black, but I wouldn't be surprised by it. For those doubting it because it wasn't in history books or movies... go see Lucy and read the thread about it in this section. They are already trying to take credit for the first humans to reach that next level of evolution. They will be BLACK.

Statistically there's a higher chance of them being Asian
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »

Statistically there's a higher chance of them being Asian

Their frigid culture will not make it so. In order to evolve, you have to break rules, and Asians care too much about maintaining their culture to advance from it. History might say different down the line, but the truth will be the first "mutant" per se, will more than likely be Black.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dopeness, we on the rise to reclaim our power.