Did WWE Drop the Ball with Cesaro?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    well it was just reported that WWE has some big things for cesaro and heyman. supposedly brock vs cesaro is coming
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wont say they've fully dropped it yet, but its lookin like they got buttafingers
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was too soon to put him with Heyman. Dude was behind one of the biggest moments in WM history! They should've maybe waited a couple weeks or something.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turning him back heel was a BIG mistake. They should have rose the momentum but they were too babyface heavy already, they needed another strong heel, so I understand why but it was a bad idea.

• gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not a good sign when you jobbing out to Ziggler
    sometimes it seems like there is too many mouths to feed with WWE programming.

you have major programs with Steph/Bri/the Authority, Cena/Brock, Reigns/Orton, Ambrose/Rollins, Bray/Jericho.
    And thats with Daniel being out and Punk 'retired'

the problem there isnt a legit mid card and proper development of those storylines. Either you in the main event or you are a glorified jobber. Unforunately my favorite wrestlers like Casero & Ziggler are part of the later.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    its good they at least putting SOME effort into the IC title scene tho, and i dont have a problem with ziggler beating cesaro in other circumstances, but cesaro jobbing in a rushed match that had potential to be match of the night like he zack ryder, after he just lost to swagger, nah sun that aint right
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Real Americans were over then they ruined everything by breaking them up prematurely. Even after they broke up their beef didn't lead to anything but wasted potential that didn't even get a conclusion. They just forgot about it like they never had beef. I wanted them to win the tagteam straps.

We the people + Cesaro swing + barrage of Cesaro uppercuts + Dutchman mic skills = epic tag team champions. Swagger was just along for the ride but I liked him when he was with Cesaro.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And what was the point of Cesaro joining Heyman? Just to give Heyman a reason to troll and plug his client "Brock Lesnar who conquered the streak at Wrestlemania" and is on vacation somewhere.

It's not too late though, it would be nice if they made Cesaro a monster heel. He's definitely strong enough to be one and they currently don't have one. But HHH won't want anyone to take the shine off his authority story so at this rate we should expect Cesaro to start yodeling again.
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I almost have given up on him then I remember how Daniel Bryan went through that losing streak before he took off. So I have a little hope for him
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Turning him back heel was a BIG mistake. They should have rose the momentum but they were too babyface heavy already, they needed another strong heel, so I understand why but it was a bad idea.

How? They had Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family, Orton (who put him over before Elimination Chamber and never got a win back), Batista, Ryback, Bad News Barrett, Rusev, Alberto Del Rio... all could have made for suitable feuds.
    Batista wasn't supposed to be a heel

Rusev is new

ADR couldn't stay over

Barrett was turning face

Ryback is teaming with Axel

Granted they could have pushed anyone but All those guys were gettin beat regularly (Barrett wasnt on TV and Batista was main event then started losing pretty much all the time)