Full Cast Revealed for Kickboxer Reboot, Scott Adkins, Tony Jaa, Dave Bautista And More

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
wBNm4DZ.jpg

The full cast of the upcoming 3D Kickboxer reboot has been revealed today as Brian O'Shea, CEO of The Exchange, has announced that Scott Adkins (The Bourne Ultimatum, Zero Dark Thirty) and Tony Jaa (Ong Bak, Fast & Furious 7) will join the previously-attached Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy), former UFC welterweight champion George St. Pierre (Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Alain Moussi (X-Men: Days of Future Past). Stephen Fung (Tai Chi Zero, Tai Chi Hero) is directing.

With the addition of Adkins and Jaa, Kickboxer is set to feature a variety of over 20 martial arts disciplines. The story follows Kurt Sloan (Moussi), a talented martial artist who travels to Thailand where he must learn the secrets of the kickboxer to avenge his brother's death at the hands of Tong Po (Bautista).

"Kickboxer will display a style of acrobatic, rapid-fire martial arts action that Scott Adkins is increasingly becoming synonymous with," said O'Shea, "Along with Tony Jaa, 'Kickboxer' has compiled a talented cast to push the boundaries of the martial arts form."

The film is produced by Ted Field of Radar Films (Riddick, The Last Samurai), Dimitri Logothetis and Nick Celozzi. Mike Weber and Peter Meyer will executive produce.

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would Kickboxer feature over 20 martial arts disciplines? It sounds more like a Bloodsport remake.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Based on Adkins and Jaa being in it, I will be looking out for this.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this just sounds all wrong from the jump
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony Jaa?? Sold, those flying knees of his are classic
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would Kickboxer feature over 20 martial arts disciplines? It sounds more like a Bloodsport remake.

Blood sport was a better movie anyways
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    St Pierre is gonna become a huge action film star. This film will launch his acting career. I feel he won't need MMA anymore. His career will be similar to Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson's.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adkins should have got the lead.

That's what I thought from the jump, who tf is moussi?
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    this just sounds all wrong from the jump
    Word.

"1CK1S wrote:

With the addition of Adkins and Jaa, Kickboxer is set to feature a variety of over 20 martial arts disciplines.

"Kickboxer will display a style of acrobatic, rapid-fire martial arts action that Scott Adkins is increasingly becoming synonymous with," said O'Shea, "Along with Tony Jaa, 'Kickboxer' has compiled a talented cast to push the boundaries of the martial arts form."
    Disrespecting tony with that "along with" ? and yea this ain't bloodsport, y I have so many martial arts if it's about Kickboxing.

Reminds of jaden smith being the karate kid in a place the mainly ? with Kung Fu
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guessing St. Pierre will play the role of Tong Po.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll ? with it
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    wBNm4DZ.jpg

The full cast of the upcoming 3D Kickboxer reboot has been revealed today as Brian O'Shea, CEO of The Exchange, has announced that Scott Adkins (The Bourne Ultimatum, Zero Dark Thirty) and Tony Jaa (Ong Bak, Fast & Furious 7) will join the previously-attached Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy), former UFC welterweight champion George St. Pierre (Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Alain Moussi (X-Men: Days of Future Past). Stephen Fung (Tai Chi Zero, Tai Chi Hero) is directing.

With the addition of Adkins and Jaa, Kickboxer is set to feature a variety of over 20 martial arts disciplines. The story follows Kurt Sloan (Moussi), a talented martial artist who travels to Thailand where he must learn the secrets of the kickboxer to avenge his brother's death at the hands of Tong Po (Bautista).

The film is produced by Ted Field of Radar Films (Riddick, The Last Samurai), Dimitri Logothetis and Nick Celozzi. Mike Weber and Peter Meyer will executive produce.

I'll watch it but I gotta check out the original first. Wait a minute

nightwing-does-the-batman-squint-o.gif

Bautista as Tong Po? That can't be true

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm reading all this ? thinking this is blood sport, even lionheart would work or another undisputed. I can't even remember if I seen kick boxer or not.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    I see what they are doing with Baustista. They trying to make dude into the next Dwayne Johnson. Well good luck bruh.