Is Hulk overrated?

Options
BangEm_Bart
BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
He gets bodied by Superman, Thor, Thanos, Silver Surfer.

The only credible feats he's won is against garbage characters like wolverine or iron man, no disrespect.

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hulk Smash! NUFF SAID!

HULK done smashed Hyperion, Thor, and Damn near the whole Marvel Earth Heroes.

When he want to he's the Breaker of Worlds,

His future Self Mastero is runs planet earth.

Read World War Hulk and The Heart of The Monster arc
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Like with ANY character, it depends on the writer and PIS.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard hulk threw a whole planet.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Hulk is a force when you consider that most of the Marvel universe isnt remotely as powerful as say, Thor.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I heard hulk threw a whole planet.

The World Breaker held a planet together from splitting into two.

World Breaker Hulk, Savage Hulk, Mastero, Mindless Hulk especially The World Breaker is the Strongest Character in Marvel Universe.

HULK Smash, Nuff Said!
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yes and no. He's been stuck for the last 60-70 years in terms of power. He just doesn't have enough to compete with anyone notable, without the other person forgetting their entire arsenal of powers. Majority of the non-earth cast is just as strong as him and more durable with a lot more powers.

Then you add on his fans clinging on to the hyperbole that he has unlimited power, therefor, they believe he can hang with the top tiers if he gets mad enough. He's been punked to the point they had to make a Worldbreaker mode.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    They need to make a hulk that can fly.
  • waterproof
    Options
    veikuri wrote: »
    Yes and no. He's been stuck for the last 60-70 years in terms of power. He just doesn't have enough to compete with anyone notable, without the other person forgetting their entire arsenal of powers. Majority of the non-earth cast is just as strong as him and more durable with a lot more powers.

Then you add on his fans clinging on to the hyperbole that he has unlimited power, therefor, they believe he can hang with the top tiers if he gets mad enough. He's been punked to the point they had to make a Worldbreaker mode.

Superpowers yay, cosmic blast, energy siphoning, powerful hammers that control weather

Get that ? ass ? out of here

Pure uncontrollable raging strength is the best power set, Alpha Male ? . Hulk got strength have no limits, he just wreck shop and smash.

Kicked the Avengers ass with Thor, smashed the whole x family for dolo, kick the illuminati ass for dolo, beat Sentry for dolo.

All that super power ? , is weak.

Batman, Lex Luthor, Hulk, Dr. Doom, Black Panther, Luke Cage, The Punisher, Captain America, Joker, Bane that's who I follow Men who fight against Gods, Celestial , Cosmic beings, etc.......and not backing down and kicking ass.

World Breaker Hulk was such a force that y'all haven't seen that the fan boys done lost their mind.

A cosmic force of nature that punched through dimensions, hold a planet together, destroyed planet just off of rage.

Get over it already
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I hate when they make Hulk job to folks from other universes
  • veikuri
    Options

Like who?
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like who?

I can't find it, but Hulk got his ass handed to him by a Superman knock off from one of those multiverse incursions.

I can't find the scan, but after Hulk said his "I'm the strongest one there is." line, Dude responded by saying: " Not in this universe." and stole the ? outta the Hulk.

Dude hit him so hard Hulk reverted back to Banner after he landed from being sucka punched.

My OCD is gonna be on overdrive looking for that scan. It happened about a month or two in one of the Avenger books.
  • veikuri
    Options
    That was Pre-Crisis Superman aka the dude who sneezed and knocked a few planets out of orbit vs Hulk..
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest ignoring Waterproof's opinion.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like who?

I can't find it, but Hulk got his ass handed to him by a Superman knock off from one of those multiverse incursions.

I can't find the scan, but after Hulk said his "I'm the strongest one there is." line, Dude responded by saying: " Not in this universe." and stole the ? outta the Hulk.

Dude hit him so hard Hulk reverted back to Banner after he landed from being sucka punched.

My OCD is gonna be on overdrive looking for that scan. It happened about a month or two in one of the Avenger books.

Yea that was Sun ? it was in New Avengers #20 I believe

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes and no. He is very powerful but during the Worldbreaker storyline, it got kind of ridiculous. His anger/strength has been true to his character but some take that to believe he can get strong enough to fight Galactus. But again, Marvel allows this nonsense with some of the odd stories the last few years. I guess now they're trying to tear down some of their top guys to move forward with what appears to be a reboot of the MU
  • waterproof
    Options
    I suggest ignoring Waterproof's opinion.

But you couldn't, Mr. I like my comic characters with super duper powers, white, long hair and with a cape that can fly and all other ? .

HULK don't need super duper powers. When his anger is his power, infinite strength, intellectual genius, regenerative healing factor that's heal in seconds. That's Alpha Male ? .

You like Super Duper Powers go read D.C. or stick to Marvel Cosmic universe
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes he is, there are so many heroes and villains that can bang with him now, I dont even count WWH, everyone jobbed to him so he could get a push. Worldbreaker mode so bad they had to get Zues to whoop his ass to make up for a too suped up hulk.

Monica Rambeau handled Zeus easily...but hulk couldn't even ? with him.
  • waterproof
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yes he is, there are so many heroes and villains that can bang with him now, I dont even count WWH, everyone jobbed to him so he could get a push. Worldbreaker mode so bad they had to get Zues to whoop his ass to make up for a too suped up hulk.

Let's stick with the facts.

1) Joe Quesada agreed with Greg Pak to show Hulk at his Max Potential, Joe wanted see what happen if Hulk ever let lose and Banner let him

2) Greg Pak had y'all acting like girls all crying after World War Hulk, and The Heart of The Monster Arc when World Breaker was destroying dimensions, so when it was said World Breaker was going to fight Zeus y'all was crying, Hulk going to beat our long haired white ? .

3) Greg Pak made it that Hulk came out of World Breaker Mode and went To Zeus basically on a suicide mission to die for his family and Provoke Zeus to ? him

4) Now look at you acting all out of character, Hulk lost to Zeus he can't fight zeus, when Hulk went there to die and wasn't World Breaker, or Savage Hulk.

Greg Pak said y'all haters are sensitive and he wrote that Zeus arc to shut y'all up.
  • veikuri
    edited August 2014
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

1) Joe Quesada agreed with Greg Pak to show Hulk at his Max Potential, Joe wanted see what happen if Hulk ever let lose and Banner let him

2) Greg Pak had y'all acting like girls all crying after World War Hulk, and The Heart of The Monster Arc when World Breaker was destroying dimensions, so when it was said World Breaker was going to fight Zeus y'all was crying, Hulk going to beat our long haired white ? .

3) Greg Pak made it that Hulk came out of World Breaker Mode and went To Zeus basically on a suicide mission to die for his family and Provoke Zeus to ? him

4) Now look at you acting all out of character, Hulk lost to Zeus he can't fight zeus, when Hulk went there to die and wasn't World Breaker, or Savage Hulk.

Greg Pak said y'all haters are sensitive and he wrote that Zeus arc to shut y'all up.

Explain why Dr. Strange, who is a sorcerer, is going hand-to-hand with Hulk.
    Explain why Juggernaut side stepped easily and didn't even bother to try and get back into the fight or ask to be teleported back.
    Explain why Sentry, who has a lot of abilities, is going hand-to-hand with Hulk.

As you can see, they are only fighting in a way that would make it seem remotely fair to Hulk, which is ? . At least Zeus out right said he could obliterate Hulk if he wanted to, but chose to teach him a lesson. I also might add that Thor banged out with Zeus and it wasn't as "lol" as Zeus vs Hulk.

But let me guess. You're going to somehow bring Worldbreaker into this, then try to downplay X character, then say Hulk Smash nuff said, right?

I mean, it's pretty fail when you have a high level energy manipulator like Silver Surfer going H2H with Hulk. Then Hulk fans wonder why people don't respect him.
  • waterproof
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

Explain why Dr. Strange, who is a sorcerer, is going hand-to-hand with Hulk.
    Explain why Juggernaut side stepped easily and didn't even bother to try and get back into the fight or ask to be teleported back.
    Explain why Sentry, who has a lot of abilities, is going hand-to-hand with Hulk.

As you can see, they are only fighting in a way that would make it seem remotely fair to Hulk, which is ? . At least Zeus out right said he could obliterate Hulk if he wanted to, but chose to teach him a lesson. I also might add that Thor banged out with Zeus and it wasn't as "lol" as Zeus vs Hulk.

But let me guess. You're going to somehow bring Worldbreaker into this, then try to downplay X character, then say Hulk Smash nuff said, right?

I mean, it's pretty fail when you have a high level energy manipulator like Silver Surfer going H2H with Hulk. Then Hulk fans wonder why people don't respect him.

HULK SMASH! NUFF SAID

Dr. Strange the Sorcerer Supreme, got outsmarted by Banner and got those hands crushed, plain and simple, are you down playing the all mighty Strange, he had to call a demon to possess him and couldn't handle that evil and rage, he ain't built for rage, lol.

Juggernaut was just in the way, HULK had other plans and let juggernaut take his own self out.

Sentry got pumped up, acting like Thor want to prove he can go Toe to Toe with the Hulk, Green Scar just whooped his ass toe to toe that's it.

Now let's get to the matter of hand, y'all just hate.

Y'all like y'all comic characters to be over powered, a ? , Alien, white with long hair or super duper powers.

I don't here ? about Thanos, y'all ? ride, Silver Surfer, ? ride, Sentry ? ride, Thor ? ride, Superman, Iron MAN, Odin etc. Y'all are fan boys those characters done massive feats and y'all LOVE it.

Once they get slapped by the Hulk or HULK do ? greater than your favorite y'all ? and moan.

Get over it, World Breaker broke y'all hearts to the point somebody in here said I almost stop collecting marvel, really
  • waterproof
    Options
    Oh yeah Silver surfer is a high energy manipulator, but Rulk tried to do that ? and almost blew up World Breaker energy was to much, you know Rulk that sucked the energy out of Surfer and Thor hammer, and another high leveled energy siphon did the same and and met the same feat.

Greg Pak got that covered, lol
  • veikuri
    Options
    Thanks for agreeing with me.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Thanks for agreeing with me.

Hey whatever tickle your fancy by all means Interpreted the way you want