‘Terminator Genisys’ Is Official Title of Terminator 5; Arnold Schwarzenegger Tweets Announcement

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Termaintor-Genisys-logo-550x550.jpeg

The new Terminator movie just wrapped filming and star Arnold Schwarzenegger took to Twitter to thank the cast, crew, and get fans excited for July 1, 2015. Most interestingly though, the back of his chair – and the logo on the new, official, @terminator Twitter account – called the film Terminator Genisys. Paramount Pictures has confirmed, yes, that’s the new official title. See the photo and read more below.

The above logo came from the @terminator Twitter. Here’s Schwarzenegger’s Instagram.

891447_553287501443046_759075904_n.jpg
Hasta la vista, baby. I want to thank the cast and crew of @terminatorGenisys for a fantastic shoot. It was challenging, it was fun, and it was rewarding. From our director to the producers, from the camera team to catering, from visual effects to hair and makeup – we couldn’t have done it without you. I can’t wait to see our finished project and I know we’ll remind the fans why they fell in love with the Terminator. On July 1, 2015, I’ll be back.

Also of note, in that they link an official Instagram.

So now that we know the Alan Taylor film is called Terminator Genisys, not Terminator Genesis, there’s lots to discuss. Especially since the screen Schwarzenegger is sitting in front of says “Genisys” in front of it. is that the name of some kind of computer software that Skynet creates? Something that makes time travel possible? Is Genisys the Terminator version of the Flux Capacitor? Maybe it’s something simpler than that. But a quick Google search of the word “Genisys” shows lots of different computer programs and systems. I think that’s probably a good bet.

Terminator Genisys is directed by Alan Taylor and stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, Jason Clarke, Matt Smith, Byung-? Lee, and JK Simmons. It opens July 1, 2015.

Comments

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea this could be dope or not
    its the director from thor 2 tho so iont have very high expectations
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The series begins and ends with James Cameron. Everything else is irrelevant.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so are they starting over from scratch?
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop shoving Jai Courtney down my neck.

Watching this guy is like someone literally force feeding me ? .
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm wondering how this is gonna play out with the timeline. I saw the cast and one actor is playing Miles' son in the movie.

Cast
    Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator
    Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor
    Jason Clarke as John Connor
    Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese
    Dayo Okeniyi as Danny Dyson
    Matt Smith
    Lee Byung-? as the T-1000
    J. K. Simmons
    Sandrine Holt
    Michael Gladis
    Douglas Smith
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The continuity of these movies is ? .
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought they would continue with Christian bale..hmmm ah well
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That title

You know done ? up already right...

I actually think its a simple yet creative play on words. When I first saw it, I was like this looks like some cheesy, cyber movie title from the 90s then I thought about it and came to my conclusion below

genesis = human evolution
    genisys = machine/software evolution

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol i came here all ready to poke fun at t/s spelling skills
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Thought they would continue with Christian bale..hmmm ah well

Nobody liked that movie.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    I'm wondering how this is gonna play out with the timeline. I saw the cast and one actor is playing Miles' son in the movie.

Cast
    Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator
    Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor
    Jason Clarke as John Connor
    Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese

Dayo Okeniyi as Danny Dyson
    Matt Smith
    Lee Byung-? as the T-1000
    J. K. Simmons
    Sandrine Holt
    Michael Gladis
    Douglas Smith

thats all i wanted to know....this confirms they will be going back in time....? might be tight
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Well supposedly it's gonna recreate the 1984 scenes from the original movie (which is why Sarah is early 20's again) and the 1994 scenes from T2 in addition to also taking place in 2017. It's just gonna flip the script on the events and subvert the details a bit from what we know alternate reality style. Kinda like New Trek. Think of the old Terminator Arnold is playing as the Old Spock of this movie.