• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember that song.

Wonder if it'll make the soundtrack
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    judging by that pic of durant w/ the blacktops behind him park mode is back... -_- ...hopefully they 86 that damn got next ? .
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    judging by that pic of durant w/ the blacktops behind him park mode is back... -_- ...hopefully they 86 that damn got next ? .

I doubt its back.....that ? was dope tho
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

the mode/idea itself was dope i agree but that got next ? blended w/ the connection issues have gotta get fixed
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

the mode/idea itself was dope i agree but that got next ? blended w/ the connection issues have gotta get fixed

My point exactly... the park should be an option if u feel like it.. you should have a quick search option
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    NBA 2k15 leaked gameplay footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NODO5tyDX9A

Dude playing was garbage.. it's cool that they already had the updated heat roster lol
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching them shoot 3 pointers with Tim Duncan let me know I needed to stop watching.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2k always have garbage ass people showcasing their game, if i didnt know that i would never buy a game of 2k based of their vids
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New Shot Meter in NBA 2K15

Let me clarify up the design of the shot meter. In previous 2K's, shot timing was just another factor within a huge list of other things that spit out a final shot % which we then rolled dice against. So really, it was Real Player % with a bit of help from the user. But the skill of the user had a minimal impact.

In 2K15, all factors that make up a good vs. bad shot get rolled up into a value that then scales the timing window for your jump shooter. So now, timing is a much more crucial factor in whether you make or miss. This puts the onus on the user to execute with more precision and separates the skilled users from the lucky ones. It's actually very similar to the design of Free Throw shooting. You can make the shot if you manage to get perfect timing but your % falls the further you are from the ideal release point. If you're way off, it's a guaranteed miss.

It's also a much more useful feedback system. If you're unfamiliar with your players, it's much easier to get a sense of their timing by glancing at the meter. Also, it's much easier to see how close or off you were with your timing after the fact to help you learn... much more useful than the letter grade system (which is still an option btw.)

My intention was never to make shooting a "meter game." The most successful people in the office are the ones who still watch the shot animations for visual cues of when to release, using the meter only for feedback or for occasional guidance.

I knew there would be some concerns, so let me try to address those now:

- No, you cannot "master" the meter and hit every shot you take
    - Yes, you can turn it off in the options menu
    - Yes, Real FG% is still an option
    - Yes, it is very difficult to get "perfect timing," especially on the higher levels

Hopefully that clears some things up. IMO, shooting is much more engaging now and I think you guys will like the feature.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

Let me clarify up the design of the shot meter. In previous 2K's, shot timing was just another factor within a huge list of other things that spit out a final shot % which we then rolled dice against. So really, it was Real Player % with a bit of help from the user. But the skill of the user had a minimal impact.

In 2K15, all factors that make up a good vs. bad shot get rolled up into a value that then scales the timing window for your jump shooter. So now, timing is a much more crucial factor in whether you make or miss. This puts the onus on the user to execute with more precision and separates the skilled users from the lucky ones. It's actually very similar to the design of Free Throw shooting. You can make the shot if you manage to get perfect timing but your % falls the further you are from the ideal release point. If you're way off, it's a guaranteed miss.

It's also a much more useful feedback system. If you're unfamiliar with your players, it's much easier to get a sense of their timing by glancing at the meter. Also, it's much easier to see how close or off you were with your timing after the fact to help you learn... much more useful than the letter grade system (which is still an option btw.)

My intention was never to make shooting a "meter game." The most successful people in the office are the ones who still watch the shot animations for visual cues of when to release, using the meter only for feedback or for occasional guidance.

- Yes, it is very difficult to get "perfect timing," especially on the higher levels

Hopefully that clears some things up. IMO, shooting is much more engaging now and I think you guys will like the feature.

wtf wtf wtf wtf ? got me loosing my ? mind because my players are missing wide open shots and it aint even my fault wtf this is the real ? reason ? get randomly hot and cold ? 2k how could you have this bs in your game wtf
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2k always announce pointless ? thats already in the game like its new
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

2k always announce pointless ? thats already in the game like its new

You need to read that again
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well atlest we get to turn it off and not forced upon it.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    shot feedbacks/meters never do anything but ? me off anyways... ? be missing A+ excellent shots and ? smh
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Always play on Real FG% anyway. After a while shot stick timing gets too easy
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should just get the TNT overlays and everything. The way EA has ESPN.
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why they give Curry a full beard
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    shot feedbacks/meters never do anything but ? me off anyways... ? be missing A+ excellent shots and ? smh

I used to think about it that way
    But think about when you actually shoot its always an A+ and then you miss lol