Mega Man Universe Announced [Trailer Inside]

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in IllGaming
Mega Man Universe Announced
"Its official: classic gaming will never be the same again."

Capcom has announced Mega Man Universe, a new chapter in the classic franchise. Long-time series creator Kenji Inafune is heading development of the title, which promises to be a "revolutionary" take on the classic series.

"We are thrilled to finally be able to announce Mega Man Universe," said Inafune. "This game will break the mold and challenge the conventional wisdom of what a Mega Man game can be. When fans finally get to see it, I believe they'll envision their most far-out Mega Man dreams coming true."

Back in December, Inafune suggested his next Mega Man title would be "completely different" that the previous versions. In April, a trademark filing was spotted for the game.

While details on the title were slim, Capcom dropped a few hints in the announcement that seems to imply this won't be another standard 8-bit title like we saw with Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10.

To describe Mega Man Universe, Capcom used phrases such as: "revolutionary take," "new chapter in classic gaming," and "imagination is the star of the game." The company ended its announcement by saying: "Its official: classic gaming will never be the same again."

Mega Man Universe is coming to PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. No set release date or price was provided.

More details are expected to be revealed at San Diego Comic-Con this week.

Comments

• Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This is what I'm talking about, Mega Man went on a stretch where it was starting to feel like Sonic, but with these past few releases it's as good as it's been.

I'll be waiting to see what this is exactly.

That youtube trailer was ill..!
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i never fukked with mega man,, he just trash
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Trailer doesnt give any ideas as to what the gameplay is going to be like.

• Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I hope it's good, I got tired of the 8-bit ? .
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ryu and Arthur will be playable
  • focus
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The creator of Mega Man, Keiji Inafune, and producer on the recently announced Mega Man Universe, Akiko Ito, explained—as best as they could—just what the hell this mysterious game is today at Comic-Con.

Previously seen only in teaser trailer form, Mega Man Universe will let you "play as the Mega Man of your dreams," according to Inafune.

The concept of Mega Man Universe, Inafune says, "came from the idea of what Mega Man is and what it means to [different people]." Whether you started playing the series when Mega Man 2 was released or whether you start with the Mega Man X series, Inafune says "Everyone has a unique idea of what Mega Man is."

That may help explain guest appearances from other Capcom games, including Street Fighter's Ryu and Ghosts 'n' Goblins hero Arthur. Other versions of Mega Man will be featured in the game, including that "? version of Mega Man from the original cartridge," a character featured in the teaser trailer.

Inafune hopes that the ability to play as different characters outside of the Mega Man mythos will encourage creativity in players and that Universe will "unite Mega Man fans from around the planet to play together in one place." While Capcom didn't show any gameplay during the panel, Inafune said they're working hard to have something to show soon.

The Father of Mega Man ended his Comic-Con presentation with another tease, claiming "You haven't heard the last of the Mega Man announcements out there." Inafune said to expect confirmation of an "oft-requested thing that you guys want."

When fans began shouting for Mega Man Legends 3, Inafune just smiled and said "Thank you."

Mega Man Universe "won't be out for a while," according to Ito, but when it does arrive, it will come to the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade.

http://kotaku.com/5594213/the-father-of-mega-man-explains-mega-man-universe
  • focus
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Man, they need to stop BS, and drop Megaman Legends 3.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dope looks like they redid some stages. it looks like some Mega Man 2 stages there to me.
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol Bad Box Art Mega Man looks classic. This looks pretty fun so far, can't wait to see how Ryu plays.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They need to put megaman in a 3d game and make it not suck like the n64 one
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ROFL @ bad box art megaman, Im copping this day 1, I wonder if Ryu is gonna more than just his hadoken

Megaman X1 megaman had the hadoken the killed every boss in 1 hit
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They need to make a new game that looks similar to Megaman X8.