Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Options
Michael_Malice
Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in IllTek
Reported images of the upcoming Note 4 have leaked.
gsmarena_001_zpsvjzkreqi.jpg
gsmarena_002_zpsylk4dr9x.jpg
gsmarena_003_zpsr1jllvts.jpg
gsmarena_004_zps8apq1slr.jpg
Here's what the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 may look like. While looking very similar to the front of the current Note 3 the back and sides look new.

The phone appears to retain the plastic back with leather-like texture but the sides look similar to the ones on the yet-unannounced Samsung Galaxy Alpha and appear metal.
The Galaxy Note 4 is expected to feature a 5.7-inch high-resolution display, similar to the Galaxy Note 3, as well as a stylus, and faster processor. CNET editor Jessica Dolcourt said she expects to see a 2,560 by 1,440 pixel Amoled screen resolution, a 2.5 gigahertz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor, 16-megapixel rear camera, 3-megapixel front-facing camera, 3 GB of ram, and a minimum 3,000 mAh battery.

http://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note-4-images-leak-with-new-sides-and-back-design/

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehhh, I get why they are so popular but I don't like Samsung phones.

1) They feel cheap.
    2) They are overloaded with unnecessary software features to the point that it cancels out the top of the line hardware.
    3) The radios they use are garbage. My wife's Note 2 is unable to catch our WiFi on the opposite end of the house. The strength is low on my DNA, but it still can catch the signal just fine.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    First day cop for me. I love my Note 3.

Although I want to wait and see what's up with the rumors of this Galaxy Note Edge with the side display. ? looks dope if they pull it off. Either way. Shut up and take my money Samsung.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    First day cop for me. I love my Note 3.

Although I want to wait and see what's up with the rumors of this Galaxy Note Edge with the side display. ? looks dope if they pull it off. Either way. Shut up and take my money Samsung.

samsung-youm-display-ces-2013_zpsxaoufv7o.jpg
    In addition to the standard Galaxy Note 4 model that it’s expected to unveil next month, Samsung may also unveil a special version of the Note 4 that will supposedly feature a wraparound display that we’ve read about in leaks and patent applications. And instead of Galaxy Note 4, Samsung may end up calling it something entirely different: The Galaxy Note Edge, a trademark Samsung has just applied for.

http://bgr.com/2014/08/11/galaxy-note-edge-rumors/
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Ehhh, I get why they are so popular but I don't like Samsung phones.

1) They feel cheap.to each their own on that
    2) They are overloaded with unnecessary software features to the point that it cancels out the top of the line hardware.root your phone and fix that issue yourself, takes about five minutes at the most to do so
    3) The radios they use are garbage. My wife's Note 2 is unable to catch our WiFi on the opposite end of the house. The strength is low on my DNA, but it still can catch the signal just fine.check the case she has if she has one, never had an issue with WIFi with any Samsung phone

I don't really see how anyone argues with my first point. Samsung uses pretty much the flimsiest plastic on the market when most of the other premiere phones are made for metal or high quality plastics.

And yeah I know that you can root your phone, but not everyone knows how to do that or wants to do that. Why buy a phone where you have to make those kind of changes just to get decent functionality when there are other phones (e.g HTC One and LG G3) that come out of the box with that kind of performance.

It's not my wife's case that's the problem, and it's not just us that have experienced that. Just time "samsung weak radios" into google and you'll get a ton of discussions about it. Samsung radios just aren't that good in comparison to some of the other products out there. It's pretty much establish fact at this point.

I'm not knocking anyone for like Samsung phones. I'm just saying they are getting to be hyped like iPhones now. People walk around here thinking they are perfect devices when they have some very obvious flaws.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im sticking to my note 3, i just wish they made this one water resistant.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    never cared for the galaxy series because the build quality feels cheap and i hate touchwiz
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    think Im waiting for the s6 and note 5 my s4 starting to give me problems
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Once you have a Note, its impossible to go back to any other kind of phone. I'll be upgrading my Note 2 finally for this.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Once you have a Note, its impossible to go back to any other kind of phone. I'll be upgrading my Note 2 finally for this.

Exactly. ...I have the original note......will upgrade to 3 or 4
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish they put the Note's specs into 4.7 to 5 inch device.

I like devices that I can comfortably put in my pocket and conceal and this device isn't but about an inch smaller than my Galaxy Tab.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and yea my wifi drops all the time on my s4 , I cant get it on the opposite end of the house from my router too
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    I concur. Everytime I walk through my garage door I lose Wifi and it connects back about a minute later.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My Note 2 Is Struggling To Get To My Next Upgrade (December)
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

I like devices that I can comfortably put in my pocket and conceal and this device isn't but about an inch smaller than my Galaxy Tab.

That would kinda defeat the purpose. The Note is intended to be a phablet meaning they want you to be able to do real work on it. If you want a smaller note, you might as well get that S5 Alpha or whatever it's called. The specs are close enough and the size is where you want it.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That would kinda defeat the purpose. The Note is intended to be a phablet meaning they want you to be able to do real work on it. If you want a smaller note, you might as well get that S5 Alpha or whatever it's called. The specs are close enough and the size is where you want it.

Think he just means the specs into a smaller phone not make the note a small phone
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Maybe so, but all in all, the Note specs are really just an incremental upgrade from the S5, and the S6 will likely be an incremental upgrade over the Note 4. That's how it goes with Samsung products.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

my note 3 fits comfortably in my khakis and levi 501's
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Damn, that ? actually looks pretty dope. Makes me almost want a Samsung phone...almost.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, that ? actually looks pretty dope. Makes me almost want a Samsung phone...almost.

Lol still passing
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Note Edge is sick. Might cop it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDF5iWAeE0w

I can't front, it does seem pretty dope. My wife has a Note II. I'll probably cop the Edge for her in December when I contract is up. It will be a good upgrade from what she has now.