• John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Content lacking yes trash ? no mp is fun a hell at least on xbox
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tomb Raider is a TIMED exclusive.

Yesterday, Microsoft dropped the first bomb of Gamescom 2014: that Rise of the Tomb Raider will be an Xbox exclusive. Except, wait. It's not.

Turns out this was yet another a case of shady corporate double-speak, and this is actually a timed exclusive. "Yes, the deal has a duration," Xbox boss Phil Spencer told Eurogamer. "I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

In other words, when they said yesterday that the next big Tomb Raider game is an Xbox exclusive, what they really meant is that it'll be out first on Xbox (both 360 and One), and then it'll come later to other platforms.

Spencer wouldn't elaborate on how big of a window he paid for. "There are certain things I'm just not going to talk about because it's a business deal between us and then. Obviously the deal does have a duration. I didn't buy the IP in perpetuity."

Compare this to the language used by developer Crystal Dynamics yesterday:

As you may have seen, we've just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox.
    Or what Microsoft said in their own press release:

Led by the announcement that "Rise of the TombRaider" from Crystal Dynamics will launch in holiday 2015, exclusively on Xbox...
    So again, remember: in gaming, the word "exclusive" never actually means "exclusive."

http://kotaku.com/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-isnt-really-an-xbox-exclusive-1620772963
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    no one is saying titanfall aint a good game, but if it wouldve sold as well as everyone thought it would, they wouldnt be talking about bring part 2 to ps4.
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    that's ok xbox could have that we got kojima's new silent hill game.

That's coming out on Xbox too, isn't it? I'd rather have the Tomb Raider game as I never really cared for Silent Hill. To each his own though.

facts:
    1. Its exclusive to PS4.
    2. Its being published by Sony, not Konami. (The first time ever)
    3. It stars Norman Reedus.
    4. Despite the demo, its NOT first person. Its third person.

These facts come from Kojima himself online

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    At least Phil kept it real, but MS is wasting money as usual. Too bad they did not spend that money on a Kameo Knights 2, Lost Odyssey 2 or bringing back Conker.Their fans love timed exclusives though.So much for this "megaton announcement".
  • earth two superman
    Options
    lol that silent hill really ps4 exclusive?
  • scoop1215
    Options
    lol that silent hill really ps4 exclusive?

yup kojima confirmed it on his twitch live stream earlier
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's coming out on Xbox too, isn't it? I'd rather have the Tomb Raider game as I never really cared for Silent Hill. To each his own though.

facts:
    1. Its exclusive to PS4.

Oh aight, cool. Funny thing is, Silent Hill doesn't move units either, way less than Tomb Raider. I don't understand Sony's move on securing this as exclusive as this IP never sold big units, but maybe PS4 will be different...I guess? No hate though, I'm just saying.
  • scoop1215
    Options

facts:
    1. Its exclusive to PS4.

Oh aight, cool. Funny thing is, Silent Hill doesn't move units either, way less than Tomb Raider. I don't understand Sony's move on securing this as exclusive as this IP never sold big units, but maybe PS4 will be different...I guess? No hate though, I'm just saying.

true but now its using the fox engine so it looks real now. im glad that kojima is working on something else other than metal gear hopefully we could get a snatcher or new zoe game on the fox engine too
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

facts:
    1. Its exclusive to PS4.

You right, but this will bring more attention now with Kojima and Resident Evil being ? now. Sony does not need it though, but they do own the original creators of SH who makes Siren.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I remember when ? on this board swore Titanfall was a timed exclusive. lol

Tomb Raider was dope tho. Glad I won't have to wait 6 months - 1 year to play the sequel on the PS4 i'll probably have by then, if they ever start dropping games. Just play it on The One at release.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    So is the Internet going crazy over Silent Hills exclusivity?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tomb Raider was free on PS+ a few months after dropping ............ might very well be the same when it comes to PS4 .......... just saying
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So is the Internet going crazy over Silent Hills exclusivity?

Doesn't seem to be...

Could be lack of interest tbh...

Older franchise that always played back seat to RE in eyes of mainstream...
  • focus
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Kojima been fell off. Like, WTF is this ? ? He might need to stick to making movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sz7mpj4ppo
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've honestly never played a silent Hill I'll follow this new game
  • focus
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If Sony could afford AAA exclusivity they would. That's what a warchest is for and M$' is huge. That's why Sony sticks so closely to indies and niche exclusives like Silent Hill.

I guess ? forgot Sony did the exact same thing M$ did with the exact same franchise from Tomb Raider 1 to Tomb Raider 2 back in the day.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    If that warchest is so huge maybe they could buy a few million Xbox ones so the gap wouldn't be so huge too.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Kojima been fell off. Like, WTF is this ? ? He might need to stick to making movies.

That's the game from a series that's so popular you felt the need to make a thread about it, undoubtedly squealing like a ? that it was finally coming to Xbox.

Your days are numbered, ? .
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If Sony could afford AAA exclusivity they would. That's what a warchest is for and M$' is huge. That's why Sony sticks so closely to indies and niche exclusives like Silent Hill.

I guess ? forgot Sony did the exact same thing M$ did with the exact same franchise from Tomb Raider 1 to Tomb Raider 2 back in the day.

Except that Tomb Raider debuted on the Sega Saturn and PC along with the PlayStation, and the developers sited technical limitations on the Sega Saturn as to why they didn't bother with Tomb Raider 2, a month before the release of TR2 Sony struck a deal in which future Tomb Raiders would only be released on PlayStation stone walling Sega and Nintendo, they still released them for PC and MAC OS...
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    Bring back Condemned
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Leave mgs out of the ? flinging contest.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    This generation has been so funny so far.Xbox fans look like ? going back o last year's E3.What y'all do with Kinect now that it's completely irrelevant? Looks like a great paper weight ROFL.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I've honestly never played a silent Hill I'll follow this new game

I only played SH: the room....that ? was scary af lol. Never even finished it.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when ? on this board swore Titanfall was a timed exclusive. lol

Tomb Raider was dope tho. Glad I won't have to wait 6 months - 1 year to play the sequel on the PS4 i'll probably have by then, if they ever start dropping games. Just play it on The One at release.

lmao, just stop it son, we know you work at MS xbox dep sales or customer service.