Would every movie be better Rated R?

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
Imagine all of your favorite movies, except with (more) profanity, nudity, on screen violence, blood, death, etc.

Tell me that ? wouldn't be GOAT. I bet Hollywood and the MPAA would find a way to keep the cash flowing at box office if every studio got on board.

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Imagine all of your favorite movies, except with (more) profanity, nudity, on screen violence, blood, death, etc."

no need to. most of my favorite movies are rated r
    but pg-13 movies make more money on average at the box office. as long as there's quality there not every movie has to be rated r

however, i do find pg-13 horror movies to be a waste of time

• Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends some pg13 movies are classics, some rated R movies they just cuss to cuss. But yeah I feel you with some comedies would be goat with a little more profanity.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some would be

I would love to see a dark Star Wars or Wolverine movie

Reason why Marvel ain't hittin on the animation tip because that ? is sunshine and rainbows.

Meanwhile DC out here ? , cussing and cutting heads off.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. Think that'd ruin more movies than it helped. Like writers would feel like they'd have to earn the R by overdoing the violence or throwing in nudity for no reason.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. Think that'd ruin more movies than it helped. Like writers would feel like they'd have to earn the R by overdoing the violence or throwing in nudity for no reason.

ironically pg-13 movies contain more violence than rated r movies
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

ironically pg-13 movies contain more violence than rated r movies

True. Still wondering how Dark Knight and Flashpoint Paradox got pg13 ratings.

*shrug* Topic has me thinking pg13 movies would just have blood and cursing dropped in and it might not fit with the movie. Would be odd to have something like Jurassic Park showing Sam Jackson and that cow actually getting ripped apart.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been sayin if Pixar made adult movies of the ? they got now, they would be the GOAT ? .

Imagine "A Bugs Life" but aimed towards adults. Cussing, all that ? . I could get hella creative making a movie like that.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't really care what it's rated if it's a good movie. Sometimes R movies overdo the cursing, sex and violence anyway.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh @ rated R Finding Nemo

Fish sex? Really?

I'm good how things are now
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't be apposed to the idea of Bond movies with more ? .
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ruin Titanic for ? with Leo tossin that ? overboard into a school of sharks.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    smh @ rated R Finding Nemo

Fish sex? Really?

I'm good how things are now
    findingnemo.jpg