Big K.R.I.T. or Kendrick Lamar

Options

Comments

• southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The argument is about two dope artist so it's a good argument to have....I just give Krit the edge on the artist side because he's produced every song on each one of his projects except for "Life is a gamble" which was on K.R.I.T......plus he's produced songs for other artist...Kendrick is a better technical rapper though....and seems to have figured out how to tap into the masses....but it took him a minute just like it's taking Krit a minute....they both write good songs so to each his own....the whole more popular, means better artist argument is corny though...and the "too country" excuse is dumb too....the ? is from Mississippi.....why do you want the ? to sound like he's from anywhere but Mississippi?

UGK and OutKast were both considered "Regional" so I'm not mad Krit is considered the same....Krit will get his shine

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im speaking pure facts as a KRIT and Kdot fan. objectively speaking what is more relatable songs like "Average Joe" or "Country ? " cmon now
    U act like its a detriment to reach country ass ? , as if krit can't relate to the everyman as well, wat u tryna say? Yall dont mess with hoes or cars, cuz krit hits on that also, I kno hometown hero and package store is relatable, stop reaching
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    dark11 wrote: »
    fact is GKMC is widely praised as the 2nd best hip hop album of the 2010s after MBDTF and s80 is as good as gkmc. kednrick has better pojects than Krit from a factual standpoint.

How u know, u musta asked a million people? U can easily argue krit tapes are better, some of yall ? saying Kendrick better cuz its the thing to say aka "widely praised by other ? "
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    lol @ ? 's sayng krit is a better artist. That's the funniest ? Ive heard all year. Post these brilliant artist songs Krit has created.

Almost as funny as Joe budden being one of the best ever, I'm not hating on u for not liking krit but foh with this not close ? ..
    this thread gets made all the time. i don't know why it always turns into a feelings fest. IMO Kendrick is more versatile, a better rapper, better song writer, and has better albums. also KRIT fans (and i am one) need to realize his music doesn't appeal to everyone. personally it took awhile for me to get over his accent

How does krit not appeal to everyone and how does Kendrick, is it cuz krit ain't make a swimming pools? how is he not as diverse with songs like another ? , to temptation, to lions and lambs? U can argue mt Olympus >> control and how many times has Kendrick killed krit on a track? idk where u ? get this better albums ? from but that's cool cuz Kendrick dope, & krit easily the better artist, great raps and he makes the beats himself and for others

KRIT tends to rap on the same type of beats, using the same flows while Kendrick changes up every song, rapping on different types of production in addition to various subject matter. too often KRIT songs are 808 + soul sample + chanted hook

As far as appeal, i don't understand why this is hard to understand but his accent is very thick and his subject matter/lyrics are often very regional. Songs like Gumption (wtf is that), Country ? , Package Store, Cool to Be Southern are not going to appeal to many people outside the South. personally i listen to it because its mostly good music but hows the kid in Toronto or New York or Europe going to relate? on the other side Kendrick can make music about LA and West Coast type music but he's able to communicate the themes in a way thats people from anywhere can relate (think songs like Average Joe, ? and Patron, MAAD City, Money Trees etc)

Man get outta here, u better than this, i kno u not one of these yo sun ny ? so stop it, u think krit dont appeal cuz he say gumption, how ignant can u b bruh, just go outside or visit ur southern kinfolk or something, that's like saying yg don't appeal to everyone cuz he say bompton even though he made my ? ...and u talk about krit using 808's and soul samples like Kendrick just boom bapin it up, ? STAHP, Kendrick has 808's n samples all in his ? , n krit creates original tracks a lot as well, has diverse subject matter and is on different types of production, ? this argument is so weak ill argue for u..

Kendrick has more crossover ability, a slightly tighter and diverse flow and delivery, and ill give u that krit uses the same drums a lot, especially that cowbell.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where was GKMC "widely considered as the 2nd best hip-hop album of the 2010s"
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ ? 's sayng krit is a better artist. That's the funniest ? Ive heard all year. Post these brilliant artist songs Krit has created.

Almost as funny as Joe budden being one of the best ever, I'm not hating on u for not liking krit but foh with this not close ? ..
    this thread gets made all the time. i don't know why it always turns into a feelings fest. IMO Kendrick is more versatile, a better rapper, better song writer, and has better albums. also KRIT fans (and i am one) need to realize his music doesn't appeal to everyone. personally it took awhile for me to get over his accent

How does krit not appeal to everyone and how does Kendrick, is it cuz krit ain't make a swimming pools? how is he not as diverse with songs like another ? , to temptation, to lions and lambs? U can argue mt Olympus >> control and how many times has Kendrick killed krit on a track? idk where u ? get this better albums ? from but that's cool cuz Kendrick dope, & krit easily the better artist, great raps and he makes the beats himself and for others

KRIT tends to rap on the same type of beats, using the same flows while Kendrick changes up every song, rapping on different types of production in addition to various subject matter. too often KRIT songs are 808 + soul sample + chanted hook

As far as appeal, i don't understand why this is hard to understand but his accent is very thick and his subject matter/lyrics are often very regional. Songs like Gumption (wtf is that), Country ? , Package Store, Cool to Be Southern are not going to appeal to many people outside the South. personally i listen to it because its mostly good music but hows the kid in Toronto or New York or Europe going to relate? on the other side Kendrick can make music about LA and West Coast type music but he's able to communicate the themes in a way thats people from anywhere can relate (think songs like Average Joe, ? and Patron, MAAD City, Money Trees etc)

Man get outta here, u better than this, i kno u not one of these yo sun ny ? so stop it, u think krit dont appeal cuz he say gumption, how ignant can u b bruh, just go outside or visit ur southern kinfolk or something, that's like saying yg don't appeal to everyone cuz he say bompton even though he made my ? ...and u talk about krit using 808's and soul samples like Kendrick just boom bapin it up, ? STAHP, Kendrick has 808's n samples all in his ? , n krit creates original tracks a lot as well, has diverse subject matter and is on different types of production, ? this argument is so weak ill argue for u..

Kendrick has more crossover ability, a slightly tighter and diverse flow and delivery, and ill give u that krit uses the same drums a lot, especially that cowbell.

its not about 808s vs boom bap; literally no one knows krit up here. there's a reason he's working with different producers for his new album and toured with Macklemore its because he wants a broader appeal. he gave us 4 great albums 1 eh album of the same stuff. you can't have 5 albums with the same formula, with interchangeable songs

YG is a different type of artist his music is West Coast in flavor but that style is mainstream and his subject matter is nationwide and simply expressed in his music

Kendrick has songs like MAAD City built of a break sample, BDKMV with 808s and samples, Poetic Justice built off r&b samples, Average Joe is a g funk song, trap songs like Michael Jordan, songs built of indie samples, features with different types of musicians etc. KRIT just doesn't have that diversity

i mean the biggest evidence of this is look at what Kendrick has accomplish versus KRIT. if Kendrick's music wasnt versatile and relatable enough he wouldn't have this success

(btw i still don't know what gumption and no one around here does lol)
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    there are plenty of versatile artists that havent broken out, cyhi for example, who i also think>>k. dot, but i may be alone there

• StillFaggyAF
    Options
    there are plenty of versatile artists that havent broken out, cyhi for example, who i also think>>k. dot, but i may be alone there

Cyhi is so talented and versatile but he has no work ethic. he's happy just writing for Ye
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So many feelings in this thread. As a music artist I don't see his this is arguable. KRIT can (and has) make/made a cohesive project by himself and Kendricks a dope MC but he doesn't dabble in the other aspects. KRIT > Kendrick as an artist.
  • southernmade
    edited September 2014
    Options

its not about 808s vs boom bap; literally no one knows krit up here. there's a reason he's working with different producers for his new album and toured with Macklemore its because he wants a broader appeal. he gave us 4 great albums 1 eh album of the same stuff. you can't have 5 albums with the same formula, with interchangeable songs

YG is a different type of artist his music is West Coast in flavor but that style is mainstream and his subject matter is nationwide and simply expressed in his music

Kendrick has songs like MAAD City built of a break sample, BDKMV with 808s and samples, Poetic Justice built off r&b samples, Average Joe is a g funk song, trap songs like Michael Jordan, songs built of indie samples, features with different types of musicians etc. KRIT just doesn't have that diversity

i mean the biggest evidence of this is look at what Kendrick has accomplish versus KRIT. if Kendrick's music wasnt versatile and relatable enough he wouldn't have this success

(btw i still don't know what gumption and no one around here does lol)

Gumption is an old school way of saying you have a certain swag or energy about yourself....there's several ways you can use it. I'm from the south so of course I've heard it before lol.....but if you want websters version

English speakers have had "gumption" (the word, that is) since the early 1700s. The term's exact origins aren't known, but its earliest known uses are found in British and especially Scottish dialects (which also include the forms "rumblegumption" and "rumgumption"). In its earliest uses, "gumption" referred to intelligence or common sense, especially when those qualities were combined with high levels of energy. By the 1860s, American English speakers were also using "gumption" to imply ambition or tenacity, but it wasn't until the early 1900s that "gumption" began to appear in English texts as a direct synonym of "courage" or "get-up-and-go." American showman P.T. Barnum also claimed that "gumption" named a particular kind of hard cider, but that sense is far from common today.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kairo wrote: »
    So many feelings in this thread. As a music artist I don't see his this is arguable. KRIT can (and has) make/made a cohesive project by himself and Kendricks a dope MC but he doesn't dabble in the other aspects. KRIT > Kendrick as an artist.

So basically your tiebreaker is KRIT does production and Dot doesn't?
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    krit and kdot both made cohesive projects
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate y'all ?
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    @peezy you disagree that cyhi has no work ethic? why
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To say kendrick doesnt have enough material to compete isnt true. I wont make a decison until cadillactica come out
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

Just because every song he does doesn't have a video doesn't = no work ethic, Kanye doesn't drop for years at a time does that mean he has no ethic
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KRIT_Live_form_the_underground.jpg

Holla at me when kendrick drops a lackluster ass project like this .....then maybe we can have this discussion
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick easily, for whatever reason he can reach bigger audiences, even tho Krit is a great rapper, and a dope ass producer, hope he gets his ? right for his next album, i dont even dislike LFTU, but its not as good as his mixtapes.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

Just because every song he does doesn't have a video doesn't = no work ethic, Kanye doesn't drop for years at a time does that mean he has no ethic

What has cyhi done since signing to good music? Besides release mixtapes.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

I mean I could post many but off the top here's 1 off each project

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UkiRF0WFlSI
    http://youtu.be/CvY1WrsSr-Y
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=h3WDRnDEcbw
    http://youtu.be/tm0gbJ_6kK0
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6i9d-AEvRWs
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=cQXINcY8aCo

? how did you pick the one song off of each of those albums that I didn't like?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    jvlioo wrote: »
    No poll?

? aint copy me right
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar is the better rhymer with better flows and more versatility.

Big K.R.I.T. is the better artist with more complete and cohesive content. The fact that he produces his own material doesn't hurt either.

Big K.R.I.T. = LeBron James; better overall
    Kendrick Lamar = Kevin Durant; highly specialized but there are noticeable gaps in his game
  • southernmade
    Options

You didn't like Something? Which is Krit at his most honest imo or Bigger picture? Which to me was a metaphor for LFTU....
  • soul rattler
    Options

You didn't like Something? Which is Krit at his most honest imo or Bigger picture? Which to me was a metaphor for LFTU....

Those were the weakest songs off of each album.

And Bigger Picture was a letdown of a finale. All I could picture listening to it was this guy
    Bob_ross.jpg
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Krit is more of a everyday people type dude. He makes music that ? relate to better than anyone. Most of his ? is what I have day to day thoughts about.

Kendrick is the more lyrical dude but a lot of the time he tries to go over ur head or make u appreciate his lyrical ability more than the story

Kendrick is the better lyricist
    Krit is the better story teller

Just depends on which u value more to determine which u think is better