Angelina Jolie vs Scarlett Johannson vs Jennifer Lawrence

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
When it's all said and done, who is most likely to have the best acting career?

Obviously Lawrence is the has the furthest to go but looking at what Jolie has done, ScarJo is doing and what Lawrence is doing at such a young age, I think it's a good comparison.

I think based off of influence alone, Jolie might have set an impossible standard but (most of) Lawrence's movies are better and she's not even in her prime yet.

Then you have ScarJo who could ? around and body the box office during the summer with the momentum she's building.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    best as in better actress?

Jolie and Lawrence already got an oscar. Lawrence was nominated 3x already.She got nominations at the age Jolie was doing hackers.

Johanssens best acted role only needed her voice. Shes a little overrated actingwise but Id cut off my foot to sniff her asscheeks.

I say Lawrence is a good mix of jolie and johanssen. So Lawrence has the best chance to have a legendary career. With hunger games alone, shes a better box office draw than either as well.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Nothing jennifer lawrence or scarjo has done (and probly ever will do) is ? with jolie's performance in changeling.

Lawrence got potential tho since having already won an oscar and her people keep getting her good roles.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this was IllPix for a minute and was about to say Scarlett but since it's acting it's Jolie no question. Her acting in Changeling was GOAT
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think any of them is an exceptional actress so my answer is none.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Jolie paved the way for the modern young, sexy, but dangerous female lead that we're seeing more and more of and that counts for something.

I remember how crazy the world went when Tomb Raider dropped. The movie may not have been that good but Angelina Jolie in it was good. That happens sometimes.

Jennifer Lawrence may have Hollywood in her palm right now but looking at what Marvel is doing as well as Lucy's success, ScarJo might be a sleeper blockbuster.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lawrence. She was 20 when she made Winter's Bone and got a Oscar Nomination for it. Not to mention she was told she was too pretty for her role in Winter's Bone so she didn't wash her hair for a week and intentionally gave herself a cold to fit the role for her audition. Lawrence is already twice the thespian Jolie and ScarJo could ever hope to be.

Hell Charlize Theron is a better actress than Jolie and ScarJo.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I think Jolie paved the way for the modern young, sexy, but dangerous female lead that we're seeing more and more of and that counts for something.

I remember how crazy the world went when Tomb Raider dropped. The movie may not have been that good but Angelina Jolie in it was good. That happens sometimes.

Jennifer Lawrence may have Hollywood in her palm right now but looking at what Marvel is doing as well as Lucy's success, ScarJo might be a sleeper blockbuster.

Jolie didn't pave the way for anything. What she did had already been done by the likes of Sigourney Weaver a decade earlier.

In terms of politics though well these 3 actresses will fare well because they're politically well networked in Hollywood. It's why threads like these even exists despite there being actresses in hollywood that run circles around all 3. Simply because most of you guys likely have no clue who they are since they don't have the mainstream fame & media attention cause of lack of political reach.

But Jolie will end up having the best legacy politically speaking even though her movies tend to flop more often than not. She's Hollywood royalty. Comes from the ? of one of the best and most successful actors of his generation who has made a great TV comeback recently and is married to one of the best actors around today. That's hard to top.

Rampage12 wrote: »

She's also a much better actress than Lawrence too.

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jennifer Lawrence has been consistently brilliant throughout her career, from Winter's Bone up to American Hustle. She's made good film choices and been great all the way.

Angelina Jolie will probably be remembered as the biggest actor out the three (just think that at one point she was considered the biggest action star in Hollywood... have a think about that for a minute). Her choice of films have been questionable - her best performances in films like Gia, Hackers, Girl Interrupted, A Mighty Heart and Changeling get overshadowed by the likes of Tomb Raider, Salt and Mr and Mrs Smith. People forget she can be a great actor sometimes and the fact that who she's married to (I forget his name) gets reported constantly just clouds all her good film performances.

Scarlett Johansson's always taken on interesting roles, even amongst the whole Marvel spectacle. The fact she's still willing to make films like Under The Skin and was more than convincing in Her shows she does has skills. Would I put her amongst Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Lawrence? Personally no, but I still think she's a great actor all the same. Her performance in Lost In Translation alone will always have her in my good books.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Jolie didn't pave the way for anything. What she did had already been done by the likes of Sigourney Weaver a decade earlier.

In terms of politics though well these 3 actresses will fare well because they're politically well networked in Hollywood. It's why threads like these even exists despite there being actresses in hollywood that run circles around all 3. Simply because most of you guys likely have no clue who they are since they don't have the mainstream fame & media attention cause of lack of political reach.

But Jolie will end up having the best legacy politically speaking even though her movies tend to flop more often than not. She's Hollywood royalty. Comes from the ? of one of the best and most successful actors of his generation who has made a great TV comeback recently and is married to one of the best actors around today. That's hard to top.

Rampage12 wrote: »

She's also a much better actress than Lawrence too.

Yeah, her role in Monster is one of the GOAT female performances.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scarlet was funny in Don John
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Acting...

1. Jolie
    2. ScarJo
    3. JLaw

On looks...

1. ScarJo
    2. Jolie
    3. JLaw
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Scarlet was funny in Don John

that movie was terrible. My favorite movie with her ive seen is "Lost in Translation" with Bill Murray