The Hughes bros

Options
BoogaSuga
BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
Watching Dead Presidents one of my favorites.

What do u think is the best film made by the brothers?

Im torn between Dead Pres & Menace myself

Comments

• Lord_Hades_08
    Lord_Hades_08 Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Options
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    "From Hell"

never seen that. imma have to thro it on my Netflix.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Dead Presidents better.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dead Presidents is the best, Book of Eli was madly underrated.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

Menace II Society and Dead Presidents are neck and neck to me, The Book of Eli was amazing also, only reason it got ? on by critics was because of it's heavy pro-biblical stance and the majority of critics are heavy handed liberals who hate anything Christian related, hence why they all loved Noah.
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

Menace II Society and Dead Presidents are neck and neck to me, The Book of Eli was amazing also, only reason it got ? on by critics was because of it's heavy pro-biblical stance and the majority of critics are heavy handed liberals who hate anything Christian related, hence why they all loved Noah.

Didn't like Book of Eli myself... 2/5

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Book of Eli is very underrated
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    How come everyone always laments John Singleton decline but gives The Hughes Brothers a pass? I am so ? glad their plans for Akira fell apart, ? that, you better get an elite ? like Spielberg or Nolan for ? Damn AKIRA...

Book of Eli was dope. Excellent post-apocalyptic film imho, even if the twist is a bit silly. The way they filmed the shootout at the house was epic.

Menace imho hasn't aged as well as its contemporaries......the scope of everything Dead Presidents covers is stunning.
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

LOL I just saw what u said about Noah in the end there.
    I didn't like Book of Eli and I actually liked Noah
    ...wouldn't call myself a die hard liberal tho. Wouldn't call myself a Christian either tho. Might be why we disagree.

• BoogaSuga
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    How come everyone always laments John Singleton decline but gives The Hughes Brothers a pass? I am so ? glad their plans for Akira fell apart, ? that, you better get an elite ? like Spielberg or Nolan for ? Damn AKIRA...

Book of Eli was dope. Excellent post-apocalyptic film imho, even if the twist is a bit silly. The way they filmed the shootout at the house was epic.

Menace imho hasn't aged as well as its contemporaries......the scope of everything Dead Presidents covers is stunning.

I have no idea what AKIRA is.

I still love menace tho. I own the BluRay, watch it like at least once every 2 months.
    Cant watch it on TV tho. Looks bad without the BluRay retouch and I hate when they dub over the curse words on TV. (and theres a lot of cursing in that film)

The bros were fresh outa high school when they made Menace too.