former UPS employee goes postal.........3 people dead

Options
zerocool
zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
Three people are dead — including the gunman — after a shooting this morning at a UPS facility in Inglenook, according to Birmingham officials.
ups.jpg?w=900&h=675
Three People Left Dead After Former Employee Shoots UPS Facility

Via AL News reports:

The incident happened just before 9:30 a.m. as police received multiple calls of an active shooter. Several employees fled the scene.

“We have no information regarding the motivation,” said Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper. “We have a pretty good idea about what transpired.”

Police entered the building and found the three dead people, Roper said. The two other people killed were employees.

The shooter, a white male in his late 40s, is a former employee and was wearing a UPS uniform.

It is believed the gunman shot himself.

Roper said no one else was injured. Police did not fire any shots, Roper said.

The shooting happened at 4601 Inglenook Lane in a warehouse near the facility offices, Roper said.

“It is extremely troubling for the city, for the families involved. When they came to work today they had no idea it would be their last day alive on earth,” Roper said. “They were just people working at their jobs.”

Police are transporting employees and will make counselors available to them.

As a precautionary measure, the campus of Springville elementary and middle schools were briefly placed on lock down because there is a connection between a person involved in the shooting and a child at the school, St. Clair County officials said.

“It was just a precaution in case he was still at large,” said Phillip Johnson, facilities manager for the county school system.

Comments

• Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sad I know they deliver but even the Mailman weeps.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Houston Texan
    Houston Texan Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of that work they do there will make you want to go postal.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was he black?

I'm just asking cuz no pic was shown.

Normally if a black dude did something his pic and entire background would have been brought up.
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Was he black?

Normally if a black dude did something his pic and entire background would have been brought up.

The shooter, a white male in his late 40s, is a former employee and was wearing a UPS uniform.
  • Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @zerocool A play on their motto & Karl Malone's nickname.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Was he black?

I seen no pic so I didn't read.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I worked there as a seasonal driver helper...? was lightwork.

Yall must aint got good work ethic
  • Houston Texan
    Houston Texan Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I worked pre-load full-time for 3 years. Unloading big rig trailers completely filled to the top aint no joke.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? driving.....go to the sort.....unloading/loading it dont matter.....in bout 2 hours you gone be like

"im tired bawse"
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »

? driving.....go to the sort.....unloading/loading it dont matter.....in bout 2 hours you gone be like

"im tired bawse"

Yep. Slave labor.

That's why I used to disrespect the hell outta yall's boxes when I was unloading a truck.

It beats the hell outta getting frustrated and murdering a ? .

? yo packages.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Side note ? UPS as a corporation and as a business.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah yall dudes just lazy
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just got my shoes in the mail from through UPS today!
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes I did Seasonal Driver helper one holiday season too ? was easy and we actually got paid decent .

I heard the ? in the warehouse dont get ? and its slave labor though
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You got mail ?

4053185-1236166573_steven_seagal_shooting_kids.gif
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT thread title
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
    this is why I'm glad I work for myself
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »

Why? I was going to apply there for a part time position
  • reapin505
    Options
    B_A wrote: »

All of ups is part time bruh. You don't get to full time till you become driver. I don't know how it is where you are, but the sorting is slave work. You don't get paid ? and thats if the managers and supervisors aren't ? . If they don't like you, you might as well get a paper route because that would make more money. I showed up early, set the equipment up before we started, worked my ass off and in the end I was getting $25 dollars at the most after the first couple of weeks. My last check was for $13.

That last check had me in my car like wpid-owes-me-o.gif?w=625
    all passive aggressive and ? then I drove around the city for 30 minutes, debating if I wanted to blow what little money I had on strippers or guns to go light that fatheaded supervisor up lol.

If you need money, go for it but don't use it for your prime source of income because the checks will fluctuate. The benefits you get are good also but you half to stay with them for a year and if your sorting its very likely you will get injured sooner or later so you may not get the benefits in time
  • B_A
    Options

All of ups is part time bruh. You don't get to full time till you become driver. I don't know how it is where you are, but the sorting is slave work. You don't get paid ? and thats if the managers and supervisors aren't ? . If they don't like you, you might as well get a paper route because that would make more money. I showed up early, set the equipment up before we started, worked my ass off and in the end I was getting $25 dollars at the most after the first couple of weeks. My last check was for $13.

all passive aggressive and ? then I drove around the city for 30 minutes, debating if I wanted to blow what little money I had on strippers or guns to go light that fatheaded supervisor up lol.

If you need money, go for it but don't use it for your prime source of income because the checks will fluctuate. The benefits you get are good also but you half to stay with them for a year and if your sorting its very likely you will get injured sooner or later so you may not get the benefits in time

I only need a part time job anyway, i looked and shifts are 4 hours, and im cool with that.
  • B_A
    Options

damn lol
  • reapin505
    Options

I only need a part time job anyway, i looked and shifts are 4 hours, and im cool with that.

To be honest only apply during the holidays for that. Once christmas and all that was over they cut you on your hours unless you are able to toss 150 lbs boxes around. During the holidays I actually worked for the most part 3 1/2 hours unless I was sick. Also don't work if you get the flu. You can't really take days off during the probationary period because they will fire you regardless and that ? will ? you literally. A guy that was working there for year or something was fired then when he broke his leg on the job and obviously couldn't go to work for awhile. Now that can be anywhere, but that ? shocked me because they didn't even discuss it they just fired his ass.