BLACK FOLKS: IF THE G'MENT OFFERED YOU 1MILL TO LEAVE AMERICA TO GO TO AFRICA AND NEVER COME BACK

Options

Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    I think the point he is making is cool, blacks did all this. What do we have to show for it?

Not a damn thing but what does that have to do with going to Africa?

It offers a possible solution. kf you arent being properly compensated at one place you would move on yes?

You could or you could fight for proper compensation in your home. Like it or not America is your home now. Not Africa. We who are descendants of the victims of the Diaspora have a culture that is distinct from the cultures of Africa. If you're from New Jersey then you have more of a cultural connection to a Black man from California than a Black man from Angola. That's just reality. I'm not saying we don't have a connection to our African brothers and sisters because they're fighting the same war against white supremacy,oppression, and exploitatoin we are just on a different front. Us abandoning our front won't turn the tides of that.

And for those that think there won't be any animosity between an influx of a new millionaire class of foreign Blacks and native Blacks of these African nations that you'd be emigrating to, I suggest you do some research on how the last U.S Government sponsored back to Africa project worked out (Liberia).

I think the bottom line is that you guys just dont like Africa/Africans. You guys feel a stronger connection to your slavers than your cousins. If the goal is to fight on this front then we are doing a poor job

So there isn't a third option? Feeling no affinity for Africa and not loving the white man? My people been here for a few hundred years now and survived all sorts of conditions to be the most copied, yet most hated group of people in the world. I don't identify with anybody but my people.

there is but the Murica folks in here are ignoring it. thee way eye see it is there are three options for blacks: assimiliation, seperation, or repatriation

Seperation is what you're hinting at i think. if blacks could consolidate power and ownership over the AA homeland 275px-Black_belt_counties.png

i think this would be the best case scenario to ensure the future of blacks actually

But based on this post tho it seems we have the same point of view so I don't really see why you're arguing against what I'm saying
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the point he is making is cool, blacks did all this. What do we have to show for it?

It offers a possible solution. kf you arent being properly compensated at one place you would move on yes?

You could or you could fight for proper compensation in your home. Like it or not America is your home now. Not Africa. We who are descendants of the victims of the Diaspora have a culture that is distinct from the cultures of Africa. If you're from New Jersey then you have more of a cultural connection to a Black man from California than a Black man from Angola. That's just reality. I'm not saying we don't have a connection to our African brothers and sisters because they're fighting the same war against white supremacy,oppression, and exploitatoin we are just on a different front. Us abandoning our front won't turn the tides of that.

And for those that think there won't be any animosity between an influx of a new millionaire class of foreign Blacks and native Blacks of these African nations that you'd be emigrating to, I suggest you do some research on how the last U.S Government sponsored back to Africa project worked out (Liberia).

I think the bottom line is that you guys just dont like Africa/Africans. You guys feel a stronger connection to your slavers than your cousins. If the goal is to fight on this front then we are doing a poor job

So there isn't a third option? Feeling no affinity for Africa and not loving the white man? My people been here for a few hundred years now and survived all sorts of conditions to be the most copied, yet most hated group of people in the world. I don't identify with anybody but my people.

there is but the Murica folks in here are ignoring it. thee way eye see it is there are three options for blacks: assimiliation, seperation, or repatriation

Seperation is what you're hinting at i think. if blacks could consolidate power and ownership over the AA homeland 275px-Black_belt_counties.png

i think this would be the best case scenario to ensure the future of blacks actually

But based on this post tho it seems we have the same point of view so I don't really see why you're arguing against what I'm saying

Im just arguing zombie's side to be a devils advocate/show another perspective although I do think he has a point

. We're both members of this ethnic group.

how do you know this?

You've made it clear that for a million dollars, you would abandon this ethnic group and never come back to go build with a group that you most likely have no actual ancestral ties to.

quote me where i said that?

Face you, YOU don't want anything to do with Africa because you fear/dislike/are ignorant of it. You relate to your slavers more. its not surprising i guess, since blacks in the US retain the least amount of African culture of the diaspora

You're right, I'm Black American and I had no reason to assume you were too. My apologies.

As far as the bolded, I think you're displaying your own ignorance more than anything. It's funny you bring up relating to slavers when it's a well known fact that many West African tribes were complicit or actively involved in the slave trade, and many West African tribes got rich off of the trans-atlantic slave trade. Maybe you should do some more research.

And in response to the underlined: that's a purely arbitrary statement and you can't prove that

The average west african didnt enslave nor benefit from slavery. Maybe you should read up on the nature of slavery in africa and the differences between Atlantic chattel slavery and slavery in other parts of the world. But you seem content with blaming africans for slavery which is exactly what whites want you to do
  • Stiff
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

Nah the actual bottom line is that "African-Americans" are a distinct ethnic group that was created as a result of 400+ years of Diaspora that has it's own culture, history, identity, and issues. We're both members of this ethnic group. You've made it clear that for a million dollars, you would abandon this ethnic group and never come back to go build with a group that you most likely have no actual ancestral ties to. And then you got the nerve to be righteous about it. Hilarious.

yeah you have a 400 year history in america but it's been 400 years of tragedy do you want another 400 years of tragedy?? or do you want to help form the creation of a new world power

The OP says nothing about creation or co-ordination to form a new world power. It just says take payment and leave and go anywhere in Africa.

I respect your decision though because you're not "African-American". You just came for the money anyway so it makes sense for you to leave for the money. You have no ties to the history or people here like that. I look at Blacks in America as more "my people" than I do Blacks of the entire continent of Africa, because of our shared culture, history, language, struggle etc..
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, This is my home, I aint going nowhere! YMCMB/ABCDEFG

Im just arguing zombie's side to be a devils advocate/show another perspective although I do think he has a point

how do you know this?

You've made it clear that for a million dollars, you would abandon this ethnic group and never come back to go build with a group that you most likely have no actual ancestral ties to.

Face you, YOU don't want anything to do with Africa because you fear/dislike/are ignorant of it. You relate to your slavers more. its not surprising i guess, since blacks in the US retain the least amount of African culture of the diaspora

You're right, I'm Black American and I had no reason to assume you were too. My apologies.

As far as the bolded, I think you're displaying your own ignorance more than anything. It's funny you bring up relating to slavers when it's a well known fact that many West African tribes were complicit or actively involved in the slave trade, and many West African tribes got rich off of the trans-atlantic slave trade. Maybe you should do some more research.

And in response to the underlined: that's a purely arbitrary statement and you can't prove that

The average west african didnt enslave nor benefit from slavery. Maybe you should read up on the nature of slavery in africa and the differences between Atlantic chattel slavery and slavery in other parts of the world. But you seem content with blaming africans for slavery which is exactly what whites want you to do

African Kingdoms and their subjects benefited directly from the European slave trade. I posted the evidence earlier. Chattel slavery is an entirely different subject. Slavery is slavery to me though.
  • Stiff
    Options

I'm not blaming Africans for slavery, I'm saying Africans are not guiltless. There's a difference. There's a reason why multiple West African nations have formally issued apologies for their roles in the slave trade. I don't care what Whites want me to do, facts are facts. The fact is, if Blacks in Africa had stood united against European intrusion there's no way that the Trans-Atlantic slave trade could have happened to the extent that it did. It just wouldn't have been possible. And entire tribes absolutely did acquire wealth off of the transatlantic slave trade by selling members of other tribes into the trans-atlantic slave trade, so I don't know what you mean by "average west-African".

If you can point me to some articles or evidence that support your claims I'd be more than willing to read up. I've already studied this extensively.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

You could or you could fight for proper compensation in your home. Like it or not America is your home now. Not Africa. We who are descendants of the victims of the Diaspora have a culture that is distinct from the cultures of Africa. If you're from New Jersey then you have more of a cultural connection to a Black man from California than a Black man from Angola. That's just reality. I'm not rica project worked out (Liberia).

how do you know this?

African Kingdoms and their subjects benefited directly from the European slave trade. I posted the evidence earlier. Chattel slavery is an entirely different subject. Slavery is slavery to me though.

Only the elites benefited

And I dont agree that slavery is all the same, irish slavery in the caribbean wasnt the same as ottoman slavery which isnt the same as slavery in west africa which isnt the same as slavery in n america. Different laws and different environments.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

I'm not blaming Africans for slavery, I'm saying Africans are not guiltless. There's a difference. There's a reason why multiple West African nations have formally issued apologies for their roles in the slave trade. I don't care what Whites want me to do, facts are facts. The fact is, if Blacks in Africa had stood united against European intrusion there's no way that the Trans-Atlantic slave trade could have happened to the extent that it did. It just wouldn't have been possible. And entire tribes absolutely did acquire wealth off of the transatlantic slave trade by selling members of other tribes into the trans-atlantic slave trade, so I don't know what you mean by "average west-African".

If you can point me to some articles or evidence that support your claims I'd be more than willing to read up. I've already studied this extensively.

Im on mobile but if you pm me or @ me later I can give you some books/evidence

But people need to understand there was no concept of "African" "black" then. So there wqs no option of uniting against European (even the Europeans weren't united)

For the average african the slave trade brought war and economic destabilization. The people benefiting from the slave trade were the slavers and leaders since they obviously weren't sharing the wealth with the people. If whole tribes benefited then why did Africa become undeveloped and fold to European imperialism
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah the actual bottom line is that "African-Americans" are a distinct ethnic group that was created as a result of 400+ years of Diaspora that has it's own culture, history, identity, and issues. We're both members of this ethnic group. You've made it clear that for a million dollars, you would abandon this ethnic group and never come back to go build with a group that you most likely have no actual ancestral ties to. And then you got the nerve to be righteous about it. Hilarious.

yeah you have a 400 year history in america but it's been 400 years of tragedy do you want another 400 years of tragedy?? or do you want to help form the creation of a new world power

The OP says nothing about creation or co-ordination to form a new world power. It just says take payment and leave and go anywhere in Africa.

I respect your decision though because you're not "African-American". You just came for the money anyway so it makes sense for you to leave for the money. You have no ties to the history or people here like that. I look at Blacks in America as more "my people" than I do Blacks of the entire continent of Africa, because of our shared culture, history, language, struggle etc..

See that's the difference between me and you i look at ALL BLACK/AFRICAN PEOPLE as my people so to me location makes little difference. THE removal of rich african americans from america to africa would eventual lead to the creation of a great power nation because the kind of people that would leave would be the correct ones. most black people in america unfortunately are like you and would refuse to go.

you can keep your connection to your ethic group without staying here no matter what you would still be african-american i am no longer in jamaica but i am still jamaican.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2014
    Options

And I dont agree that slavery is all the same, irish slavery in the caribbean wasnt the same as ottoman slavery which isnt the same as slavery in west africa which isnt the same as slavery in n america. Different laws and different environments.

You can say the same about ? involvement over here. Their empires survived because of the economic gain and their people did nothing to stop it. Those people were all put to work without freedom and with expectation of death. You gonna have to school me on Irish slavery. I would consider that indentured servitude unless they were really made to work to death.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

You can say the same about ? involvement over here. Their empires survived because of the economic gain and their people did nothing to stop it. Those people were all put to work without freedom and with expectation of death. You gonna have to school me on Irish slavery. I would consider that indentured servitude unless they were really made to work to death.

Cmon you know damn well that whites benefited from slavery and the white supremacy it was built on
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Even if the they didn't have slaves (yhe vast majority did not). Most africans didnt benefit or gain any privileges from the slave trade
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2014
    Options

Cmon you know damn well that whites benefited from slavery and the white supremacy it was built on

And black empires didn't benefit then? Just because they don't exist anymore, doesn't mean they didn't benefit. They just didn't manage their money and the ? ended up turning on them anyway. Crackers benefited just as African empires of the West did. The only ones that didn't benefit were the ones on those Slave ships.
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that aint no ? money
  • zombie
    edited September 2014
    Options
    who cares is african empires benefited from slavery or not that's the past we have to do what's in our best interest right now SO THAT WE CAN HAVE A FUTURE and the upkeep of this divide benefits no one except the people who currently run the world. Enough of this ? you ? in american want to keep fighting and attain nothing in the long run go right ahead.

• zombie
    Options
    SOWETO wrote: »
    that aint no ? money

You are right about that it's not enough without other assurances.
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Cunt_Lyfe Members, Writer Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yeah!, Take my ass to the Mother Land!
    Black people don't belong in the United States.

It's no place for us.
  • Stiff
    Options

Im on mobile but if you pm me or @ me later I can give you some books/evidence

But people need to understand there was no concept of "African" "black" then. So there wqs no option of uniting against European (even the Europeans weren't united)

For the average african the slave trade brought war and economic destabilization. The people benefiting from the slave trade were the slavers and leaders since they obviously weren't sharing the wealth with the people. If whole tribes benefited then why did Africa become undeveloped and fold to European imperialism

This is exactly my point. The concept of "Black" and "African" were created by Western Europeans to justify subjugation. People want to come after the fact and act as if Africa has always been one group of oppressed people which isn't true.

The Europeans did eventually more or less unite though (Berlin Conference). They were able to get Africans to fold to European imperialism because of the very division they incited during the slave trade, and because of their own eventual coordinated efforts which resulted in colonialism and the so-called "Scramble for Africa" .
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    $1,000,000 don't last as long as it did back then... Even if the dollar is worth more in Africa

I'll stay here.

• Stiff
    Options

See that's the difference between me and you i look at ALL BLACK/AFRICAN PEOPLE as my people so to me location makes little difference. THE removal of rich african americans from america to africa would eventual lead to the creation of a great power nation because the kind of people that would leave would be the correct ones. most black people in america unfortunately are like you and would refuse to go.

you can keep your connection to your ethic group without staying here no matter what you would still be african-american i am no longer in jamaica but i am still jamaican.

How much of an African-American would I be if I was banned from ever returning to America? At that point you wouldn't be American or truly African. You'd be in a cultural/identity limbo.

You honestly think that people who have nothing going for them here in America would turn down a million dollars just for moving?

You honestly think people on welfare, people in public housing would turn down being a millionaire overnight because they feel so safe in the projects and think Africa is big and scary?

In regards to all Black/African people being my people. I believe the same in a sense..I look at Black Americans as being my brothers/sisters and Africans as being my relatives.

• Stiff
    Options
    who cares is african empires benefited from slavery or not that's the past we have to do what's in our best interest right now SO THAT WE CAN HAVE A FUTURE and the upkeep of this divide benefits no one except the people who currently run the world. Enough of this ? you ? in american want to keep fighting and attain nothing in the long run go right ahead.

But you came to America to attain....what exactly. You're going to completely downplay the opportunities that America has to offer in theory, but in actuality when it came time to decide where to go to achieve prosperity you didn't go to Africa, you came to America. Interesting.

A million dollars won't guarantee that you'll be set for life anywhere in the world unless you plan on living meagerly.
  • zombie
    edited September 2014
    Options

How much of an African-American would I be if I was banned from ever returning to America? At that point you wouldn't be American or truly African. You'd be in a cultural/identity limbo.

You honestly think that people who have nothing going for them here in America would turn down a million dollars just for moving?

You honestly think people on welfare, people in public housing would turn down being a millionaire overnight because they feel so safe in the projects and think Africa is big and scary?

In regards to all Black/African people being my people. I believe the same in a sense..I look at Black Americans as being my brothers/sisters and Africans as being my relatives.

You will be african american now until the day you die you could go live in japan it would make no difference

yes i do think that many african americans with nothing going for them here would turn down the money because from everything that i have witnessed from african americans many of you are scared ? less of anything dealing with africa. and that goes especially so for the undereducated african americans who mostly are the people in the projects you are speaking about them ? are going nowhere
  • zombie
    Options

But you came to America to attain....what exactly. You're going to completely downplay the opportunities that America has to offer in theory, but in actuality when it came time to decide where to go to achieve prosperity you didn't go to Africa, you came to America. Interesting.

A million dollars won't guarantee that you'll be set for life anywhere in the world unless you plan on living meagerly.

i already said why i came to america it was the quickest place for me to come to where i could attain wealth. i almost chose england. i am glad for the opportunities america has given me but there is no emotional connections with this entity call the united states. for now our interest go hand in hand so i ride with it, coming here was kind of a business decision nothing more and i will leave here when i think i can profit more elsewhere.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

You will be african american now until the day you die you could go live in japan it would make no difference

yes i do think that many african americans with nothing going for them in here would turn down the money because from everything that i have witnessed from african americans many of you are scared ? less of anything dealing with africa. and that goes especially so for the undereducated african americans who mostly are the people in the projects you are speaking about them ? are going nowhere

Those would be the people most comfortable with living in broke ass Africa. I could see them taking over a Village like they take over the block.
  • Stiff
    Options

yes i do think that many african americans with nothing going for them in here would turn down the money because from everything that i have witnessed from african americans many of you are scared ? less of anything dealing with africa. and that goes especially so for the undereducated african americans who mostly are the people in the projects you are speaking about them ? are going nowhere

I disagree with this fundamentally. I can't prove it unless I were to conduct a field survey, which I'm not willing to do for this thread, so we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.
  • zombie
    Options

Those would be the people most comfortable with living in broke ass Africa. I could see them taking over a Village like they take over the block.

nah, trust me being broke in america is not like being broke in africa. there is no welfare or white man to blame for your ass not being ambitious in africa.