BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so none watched this movie ?

...not showing in my area
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Didn't know this came out, let me see if it's playing in my area.
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Saw it the other day, movie was just ok to me I expected more. I might need to give it a second watch though.
    most of the funny/memorable parts are already in the trailer
    it's some unnecessary ? ? in the movie too with dude from everybody hates chris nh
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i saw it .. i liked it ... it wasn't quite exactly what i expected it to be i suppose .. but ? they got in a whole helluva lot of good ? within the parameters of still getting national distribution and promotion behind it .. so im not mad at all ... the movie delves into a lot of caricatures that make up the modern dynamics of racial interactions and overall its interesting as well as quite humorous ... it didn't come across as contrived which is what i was really hoping it didn't ... i'd love to see more movies like this that at least try to take an honest snapshot of our society
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw this last night. Cool Lil movie I like the message it was trying to push across. Touched on some things that people don't really talk about.
    Could've done without the ? ? , but I guess it was necessary for the movie. Smash on the light skin chick and the brown skin chick.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was cool.
    I boo'd loudly when I saw old girl with that cracka.
    I applauded some of her speeches too.

Didn't like the weavey black bish and the deans ? son but that was their jobs to not b likeable so I guess they did their thing.

Kinda wasn't what I was expecting but no problem with it.

After I left the theater I saw a bunch of college professor looking whites actually having an informed sounding conversation about the movie and some of what it was addressing.

And smh @ Chris getting his will smith on. I had to look a way from that ? .
  • gns
    Options
    I don't have full out convos in the movies like some but if I feel like it I'll yell out something at the screen.

What I do hate is muhfuckas(kids & adults) bumping my muhfuckin seat.

I will fight somebody (adult or kid) over that ? , I ? hate it.
  • gns
    Options
    Nah that ain't it
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While thought provoking and uncomfortable to watch(which I love),this movie doesn't relate to me.

This is for super rich black ppl,not average black ppl really.

I did appreciate it though and recommend watching it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched it, im not sure what to feel about it it as worth the watch but much different than i anticipated

Seemed like a bunch of people masquerading.Felts kind of spoofy athough there was some serious content.

? had me a little confused .. And yea this was real .. "Starbucks"
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I went to the movies to support

It was a pretty good movie.

I have no complaints about it
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is based off of the book of the same name
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    okish movie. Could've been better without the ? ? . It ? me off to see the light skinned chick walk away with the white dude at end.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched it, im not sure what to feel about it it as worth the watch but much different than i anticipated

Seemed like a bunch of people masquerading.Felts kind of spoofy athough there was some serious content.

I agree with this damn near 100%.. especially the bolded.. still trying to figure out how I feel about this flick.. had some good points. but didn't seem they were trying to push the issue all the way.. I dunno..
  • playmaker88
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »

I agree with this damn near 100%.. especially the bolded.. still trying to figure out how I feel about this flick.. had some good points. but didn't seem they were trying to push the issue all the way.. I dunno..

@JusDre313‌
    can pretty much just chalk it up to this generation and how they are wishy washy.. and over it so to speak idk i still dont know fam

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wack ass ? movie
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Caught it on demand. Great movie. Saw it was sittin at 92% on Rotten Tomatoes too.

smh @ some of the comments so far...and @ the people's who head the movie apparently went over.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Told yall it was trash
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the movie was good, it dragged a bit because it was so dialogue driven.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Caught it on demand. Great movie. Saw it was sittin at 92% on Rotten Tomatoes too.

smh @ some of the comments so far...and @ the people's who head the movie apparently went over.

Explain yourself ....

and ? ? aint go over anyones head
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IAmRue wrote: »
    It ? me off to see the light skinned chick walk away with the white dude at end.

"Light skinned chick"? Oh...you mean the girl who was half white. Guess you missed that giant plot point somehow.
    Like I said...
  • kingMansaMusa
    kingMansaMusa Members Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
    mlk died for these hipsters to make a satire film about educated blacks who wanna be white nd crackers who want to be black.........................