infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Might be looking at another L tomorrow lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worst defensive team in the league..we might get a W lol
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kelly Olynik got paid 56 million dollars off one playoff game ... the heat LOST
  • infamous114
    Options
    Lol 20 turnovers. Productive team meeting.
  • infamous114
    Options
    #MoralVictoriesAreForMinorLeagueCoaches
  • Beta
    Options
    I don't even know who or what to blame this loss on..

Not good enough 3 pt defense?

? 3 pt shooting again?

Actually stayed afloat during the 3rd Q...lack of JJ?
  • infamous114
    edited October 2017
    Options
    JJ didn't have impact when he was in. This ain't the 11-30 team or the 30-11 team. It's the overall 41-41 team
  • Beta
    Options
  • infamous114
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

An uncontested 15 foot turn around, pleighboi trash as a mawfucka lol
  • infamous114
    Options
    That shot was contested, fix your eyes bruh lol
  • infamous114
    Options
    Moorhead is too much of a homer writer. He always sees things on the bright side. Never see him criticize but when you're employed by the organization, that should be expected
  • Beta
    Options
    Homies hit me up on the heat forum saying " I need you to take winslow sucks from under your name since you're a member of the staff

Heat fans in general have skewed biased views and will look at the positive

Had the nerve to tell me that game against I think the pacers where we blew that lead was a good game
  • Beta
    Options
    As far as winslow he is playing somewhat decent for him if you look at the Celtics game and last night
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    That shot was contested, fix your eyes bruh lol

After an unnecessary fade away from 15 feet and y'all wanna get hype lol ard
  • Beta
    Options
    You trying too hard doggie
  • infamous114
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    You trying too hard doggie

Wasn't even a Heat fan that posted that lol. Do better, Axel
  • Beta
    Options
    Ax takes what regular ppl on Twitter say out on fans that post in cheap seats

But iono nothin
  • BlackAX410
    Options

But iono nothin

Lol this is true, I get into Twitter discussions too much I was in an arguing mood on my day off. Winslow is wack as ? tho I'm not retracting that statement lol
  • infamous114
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

But iono nothin

Lol this is true, I get into Twitter discussions too much I was in an arguing mood on my day off. Winslow is wack as ? tho I'm not retracting that statement lol

Ok lol we don't give a ? . Apparently, you have us mistaken for Winslow apologists.
  • Beta
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Lol like I wasn't saying window at best is MKG or al farouq aminu and at worst is luc richard mbah a moute last year

Ax I appreciate you acknowledging it though about the Twitter thing you lame. Learn how to separate the two
  • infamous114
    Options
    It’s way too soon to assess the wisdom of the Heat bringing back this cast, merely six games in and five of them without their best player.

But in explaining why this 2-4 team isn’t playing much like the one that finished on a 30-11 tear last season, there are glaring tangible factors and less obvious intangible ones.

Hassan Whiteside’s absence simply cannot be understated, not only because of hie elite rebounding numbers and his ability to deter players at the rim, but also because his boards and blocks fuel the Heat in transition. He’s questionable for Wednesday’s home game against Chicago.

But with Whiteside’s injury the No. 1 factor for this slow start, here are the next three:

Don’t underestimate Rodney McGruder’s loss, players say. Goran Dragic told me this week that the Heat misses “everything” about him.

“He’s always in the right spot, he’s always getting those 50 50 ? , even if it’s 70 against 30,” Dragic said. “We don’t know how but he’s going to get that ball. Those are game changers.”

Delinquent defense. Whiteside is one reason for that, but there are others. Miami has gone from fifth in points allowed last season (102.1) to 23rd (109.2). They’ve regressed from seventh in field goal percentage allowed (45) to 27th (46.9).

Players defended by Dion Waiters are shooting 50 percent. They’re shooting 57.8 percent against Kelly Olynyk, 52 percent against Bam Adebayo, 46.7 percent against Justise Winslow.

Erratic three point shooting, with Miami tumbling from 12th in three-point shooting percentage last season (36.5) to 27th (31.9).

So those - plus too many turnovers in a couple of these home losses and Waiters’ uneven play until the Minnesota game - are tangible factors for 2-4.

But what about intangible factors? During the second half of last season, Heat players were fueled by the chip on their shoulder from being overlooked. Do they have that this season, that extra spark that results in maniacal effort, especially defensively?

Tyler Johnson, always thoughtful, gave an interesting answer when I asked him that.

“I don’t think anybody has lost that chip but sometimes you forget what made you the player that you were,” he said. “Complacent is not the word either especially with our team because there are so many people who don’t let you get that way.

“I can only speak for myself. Sometimes I forget what got me here is undeniable energy and hunger. Nobody can keep me from being able to do my job. Whoever is matched up in front of me, I didn’t care who they were, if they were an all-star. That Rodney McGruder type attitude. We definitely do need to get back to that.”

Johnson said Erik Spoelstra spoke at the start of that nearly 60-minute clear-the-air meeting on Sunday but then allowed the players to take over.

“The thing with Spo is this is our team and he wants to hand the reins over to us,” Johnson said. “He doesn’t want it to be where it’s continually coaches telling you this, this and this. It’s so player driven that we hold ourselves accountable, we know what’s best for the team.

“I think it was good for him to see that because he has a little more trust in us that it will get to that point sooner. He will bring up what he thinks and then after that he goes back and let everything get hashed out how it’s supposed to. It’s not like we say something and he interjects. He steps back and lets us hash it out.”

Johnson said captains James Johnson, Udonis Haslem and Goran Dragic spoke initially in that meeting and then other players chimed in.

What’s mystifying is why this team’s defensive communication hasn’t been better, considering much of the team returns intact.

“Part of that edge, part of what made us who we were [during the 30-11 second half], is we didn’t even have to talk about that,” Johnson said. “That was corrected within the game. It wasn’t we had to come back game after game, we‘re continuing to tell you this is the problem. It was so player driven, we didn’t need to tell the coaches to tell us because we could figure it out on our own.”

So what has changed this year, I asked Johnson. Do players not want to call each other out during games because they’re so close?

“I don’t think it has anything to do with not wanting to hurt somebody’s feeling,” he said. “Communication isn’t just telling you what to do. It’s somebody talking to you and believing in they have your best interests and receiving the communication and implementing it. We have about half of it down but now I think we will start to see a change.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article182032171.html#storylink=cpy
  • Beta
    Options
    Yeah whatever guys just play better..I don't wanna hear y'all so bad because of no rodney mcgruder even though I acknowledge that's our best defender.

Maybe we need them hollow stats after all
  • Beta
    Options
    Whiteside is back