Andre 3000: "I haven't started working on my solo yet"

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Andre 3000 has done quite a few interviews lately. And, by quite a few, we mean 3, which is a lot for the classically introverted one-half of Outkast. After opening up for an emotional interview with The New York Times and sitting down with Ellen Degeneres, Andre 3000 finds himself on the cover of Billboard magazine, where he opens up about his solo career, Outkast, and his future in Hollywood.

It’s been a very hectic year for Andre, who has spent the majority of 2014 in a place he rarely finds himself, and is admittedly uncomfortable in: the forefront. He and his partner-in-rhyme, Big Boi, have performed at nearly every major music festival across the nation and the border, ranging from Coachella and Governor’s Ball to Drake‘s OVO Fest.

We haven’t been granted access to Andre’s full interview, but Billboard did provide a few excerpts which you can read below.

Solo Album
While there’s one in the works, he’s not rushing it: “I haven’t even started on [it],” says Benjamin. “I’ve got to find something I’m excited about.”

More Movies
“I do read scripts,” he says. “But I have to be excited about it to really fully throw myself into it. The older I get, I don’t know what my decisions will be. I may start just taking roles just to support myself, just kind of keep busy.”

He’s Turned Down $100,000 Guest Verses
A rare Andre 3000 guest verse, which goes for at least $100,000, isn’t a guaranteed thing: “[In some cases] I had to call them back and say, ‘I’m sorry, I couldn’t come up with nothing cool.’” We’d probably beg to differ.

Retirement
“To be clear, there’s no retirement,” Benjamin says of his rap career. Which, obviously, is a relief.

Comments