‘Bored To Death’ May Be Coming To The Big Screen

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
bored-todeath3.jpg?w=650&h=433

So, is there any update on a Bored to Death movie?

"The update is, Jonathan Ames (the show’s creator) is writing the script, but he’s also doing another show right now with Seth McFarlane. Yeah, they’re doing a show (Blunt Talk), and they’re shooting it in LA. I don’t even know the name of it, but it’s with Patrick Stewart. Pretty f*cking awesome.Yeah, so that’s that. I don’t know what’s happening, because I think everything is sort of on hold right now."

Right, about that Blunt Talk show… It sounds pretty bonkers. Badonkadonkers, even. It’s getting 20 episodes on Starz, to be written by Ames, who will also show run and executive produce, with Seth MacFarlane, starring Patrick Stewart in the lead. It starts 2015.

"Who is Walter Blunt? He’s a British news anchor who moves to the United States with a firm plan on taking over American cable news, offering this country’s citizens guidance on how to live, think and behave. But in order to do that, he has to balance the day to day stresses of network heads, a mishandled staff, ex-wives, offspring of all ages, and a dependence on the bottle. As you can imagine, his decision-making skills aren’t always the most conducive to his own happiness, and the only person he can turn to is his alcoholic manservant he brought from England to L.A."

Comments