The official reality tv show thread

Options
TheBossman
TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
From survivor, big brother, hell's kitchen, masterchef, amazing race etc.

All reality television post here.

Comments

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIn38ThUckk

the episode that got fear factor yanked off the air (along with being way too expensive for no good reason).
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah the remake of fear factor was killed too fast.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i will never understand why people want to be famous its like a disease of the mind who cares if millions of people know who you are -- the only reasonable incentive would be for the money but there are so much easier ways to make money than drinking sperm from a donkey and it wasnt even for 50k it was for a shot at 50k lmao

with that said the only acceptable form of censorship is your own choice not to look
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    even joe rogan said that stunt was disgusting and went way too far and he couldn't believe the people didn't just tell him to go ? himself. i think when the cameras are all on people, that combined with the pressure of the producers, it can basically be used the same as a hazing or coercion type of scenario. some people are just really susceptible to peer pressure i guess.
  • ckfree
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    even joe rogan said that stunt was disgusting and went way too far and he couldn't believe the people didn't just tell him to go ? himself. i think when the cameras are all on people, that combined with the pressure of the producers, it can basically be used the same as a hazing or coercion type of scenario. some people are just really susceptible to peer pressure i guess.

e.g the milgram study

blind obedience to authority

cause no way they do that without so much a what the ? coming out their mouth after having a little bit of time to think it over -- they probably figured if the show got them doing it then its somewhat sensible lmao

'? guys we were right they did go too far '

they had to have felt sick all over again when they realized it was being banned from ever airing for that very reason

a couple of them drank donkey ? damn nearly the equivalent of 3 cans of dr pepper

?
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    that episode of survivor was most satisfying.
  • ckfree
    Options
    i dont know if it was the way the show was edited or dude was really that dumb but this is the first time i think i ever seen a compilation of all the worst moves you could possibly make being made by one person in one episode -- his paranoia that the women are together might have actually cause the women to come together lmao

im pulling for jeremy but i cant figure him out he makes some very good moves and some very bad moves -- interesting to see who voted for him -- i could understand him wanting to vote for the hillbilly but he voted with the girls and it was that other young guy and not the hillbilly who voted for him

weird ass voting fracture
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen a team or person throw a challenge and it worked out well for them. Strategically it just rarely makes sense.

And I love how Probst had to basically tell them during tribal that dude threw the challenge.

I am a little annoyed that they're doing a switch already though.
  • ckfree
    Options
    jeff be airing ? out almost as if he is privy to all the information -- i read how probst hated jonathan penner because he would always lead them the wrong way into what he was thinking

so far we have had

someone claiming to not only have one but two idols putting a target on her own back
    another one voted out with their idol in their pocket
    and a another one voted out after he threw the challenge (always does seem to backfire)

i dont know whats going on or who is running what

word too early for a swap hopefully there isnt too many pair ups
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    oh probst watches the daily edits - that's how he knows how to manipulate the tribals to coincide with the story. that last episode's edit would have been worthless if the vote didn't go the way it did unless they could spin it and make that guy the annoying villian for the season but we had the annoying idiotic villian who thinks they're making moves last season (#chaoskass) and i don't think anybody wanted to put up with that ? again.

as for the vote - i think the issue is both tribes are full of narcissistic morons so there's going to be a lot of split votes like that until some real alliances start to gel (which hopefully doesn't happen anytime soon) since that gets boring as hell and at that point it might as well be big brother.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reality tv is garbage
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    Reality tv is garbage

yeah everybody knows that already. but thanks for your input.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    I hope when they cancel this Utopia show they don't tell the people there and still make them play it out for the rest of the year. Just let them be boring for a year with no audience at all.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since they moved The Amazing Race to Fridays... I record that as something to watch when I'm bored or doing other stuff around the house.. When it was on Sundays too many things came on at the same time so I would have a couple things recording and watching football/basketball on sunday so I didn't have room to record it.

I guess Shark Tank counts as reality TV? That would probably be the only two shows I follow.

As much random/forced ? that happens on reality tv, I just don't find it too interesting to discuss..

• ckfree
    Options
    the shows i watch that are classified as reality tv are always based around competition

big brother
    survivor
    mtv the challenge

i think thats why i couldnt get into utopia i need competitions to happen that affects things going forward than just mindlessly watching the screen -- these other shows that are in the format of keeping up with the kardashians i could never watch theyre more or less just 'real life' soap operas

i never been that much of real world fan for that reason but with it being brought to the city i live in this season im gonna watch
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    yeah they did the tribe swap way too soon. and of course whenever the producers meddle like that it backfires and you end up with way uneven teams.
  • ckfree
    Options
    i finally found someone i remotely liked (that girl wasnt too bad to look at especially while wearing glasses) in this game and she get voted out -- i am really not enjoying this season that much having to work to find someone to root for isnt good

jeremy out there working though very perceptive of him to pick up on the younger brother living in the shadow of his brother issues and play on that and boost his ego to get him on his side i think it will work they didnt give him that 'surround and drown' explanation for nothing

unless it was a set up for later to embarrass him which i wouldnt put it past them to do
  • ckfree
    Options
    good lord ? this season so far outside of jeremy they all suck

if next season rumors are true then it may be compelling
    3 tribes divided by social class: unemployed vs blue collar vs white collar

sounds like too much of a gimmick but i wouldnt put it past them
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    that actually sounds pretty good. i remember when they did the four tribes split by race (black, asian, white, hispanic) which sounded really bad in theory but was actually one of the best seasons and also a pretty bold move for a reality show to attempt.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right now White Collar Brawlers
  • ckfree
    Options
    damn i forgot about that season they broke that ? up quick too cause people started ? lmao survivor been had a select demographic of people

black
    white
    old
    ?

all these people are cast each season so separating them into their own tribes is just a variance to what is already happening on the show but watch people complain about this ? too even though its not as inflammatory as race/ethnicity
  • ckfree
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITfCGaUdnrM

i was channel surfing and caught this show

its called stone cold broken skulls challenge its kinda like america ninja warrior where its head to head physical competitions and the winner gets to try and get through stone colds obstacle course

lol its on the country network channel
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    yeah they did the tribe swap way too soon. and of course whenever the producers meddle like that it backfires and you end up with way uneven teams.

Now they're doing the merge already? this season seems strange.
  • ckfree
    Options
    i want to see the mother/daughter pair broken up

from tanking her round because she busted her daughter lip to being told that her daughter version of events with the old guy were wrong BUT STILL accepting her daughters version anyway -- its sickening its less 'mama bear protecting her cub' as she puts it and more 'mama bear indulging her cubs every whim because theyre besties 4-ever teehee' they make me sick the both of them

the whole rice thing was dumb and unfair too if anything they should have drawn rocks

jeremy looking good though hes been getting the story teller edit which is always a good thing but i dont know if its my years of watching this show that has me looking for it or if its so blatant that theyre just setting up his demise
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    jeremy is getting the "gonna get booted tonight by neil patrick harris" edit. i hope it's not the case though.

also you can tell they're using editing trickery because they're showing some clips from the begining when NPH's eyes were all ? up.