So, they finding spiders the size of puppies in the rain forest

Options
King Ghidorah
King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://news.yahoo.com/goliath-encounter-puppy-sized-spider-surprises-scientist-rainforest-125720953.html

Piotr Naskrecki was taking a nighttime walk in a rainforest in Guyana, when he heard rustling as if something were creeping underfoot. When he turned on his flashlight, he expected to see a small mammal, such as a possum or a rat.

"When I turned on the light, I couldn't quite understand what I was seeing," said Naskrecki, an entomologist and photographer at Harvard University's Museum of Comparative Zoology.

A moment later, he realized he was looking not at a brown, furry mammal, but an enormous, puppy-size spider.

Known as the South American Goliath birdeater (Theraphosa blondi), the colossal arachnid is the world's largest spider, according to Guinness World Records. Itsleg span can reach up to a foot (30 centimeters), or about the size of "a child's forearm," with a body the size of "a large fist," Naskrecki told Live Science. And the spider can weigh more than 6 oz. (170 grams) — about as much as a young puppy, the scientist wrote on his blog.

Some sources say the giant huntsman spider, which has a larger leg span, is bigger than the birdeater. But the huntsman is much more delicate than the hefty birdeater — comparing the two would be "like comparing a giraffe to an elephant," Naskrecki said.

85v4zLz.jpg
Img[G2QqAxp.jpg

Bolded the education, why we saving the place?

Comments

• GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just googled the huntsman spider..... ? you bruh. Man that shut will have a ? having nightmares and not wanting to sleep
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://news.yahoo.com/goliath-encounter-puppy-sized-spider-surprises-scientist-rainforest-125720953.html

Piotr Naskrecki was taking a nighttime walk in a rainforest in Guyana, when he heard rustling as if something were creeping underfoot. When he turned on his flashlight, he expected to see a small mammal, such as a possum or a rat.

"When I turned on the light, I couldn't quite understand what I was seeing," said Naskrecki, an entomologist and photographer at Harvard University's Museum of Comparative Zoology.

A moment later, he realized he was looking not at a brown, furry mammal, but an enormous, puppy-size spider.

Known as the South American Goliath birdeater (Theraphosa blondi), the colossal arachnid is the world's largest spider, according to Guinness World Records. Itsleg span can reach up to a foot (30 centimeters), or about the size of "a child's forearm," with a body the size of "a large fist," Naskrecki told Live Science. And the spider can weigh more than 6 oz. (170 grams) — about as much as a young puppy, the scientist wrote on his blog.

Some sources say the giant huntsman spider, which has a larger leg span, is bigger than the birdeater. But the huntsman is much more delicate than the hefty birdeater — comparing the two would be "like comparing a giraffe to an elephant," Naskrecki said.

85v4zLz.jpg
    Img[G2QqAxp.jpg

Bolded the education, why we saving the place?

Because the rainforest helps the environment.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just googled the huntsman spider..... ? you bruh. Man that shut will have a ? having nightmares and not wanting to sleep

Huntsmans not bad...people not from here freak the ? out seein em up in the corner of the door chillin and ? but over here most people ignore em..mfs are fast as ? too..
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Camel Spiders are just as big and more aggressive than these tho......i hate spiders!!!!!
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    The bird eaters are big too

birdeater-spider_medium.jpg
    amazonpinktoe-431x300.jpg
    goliath-bird-eater.jpg

Hey @Black_Samson‌, isn't this cool?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stomp on one of those and watch 3 different color guts ooze out
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If one of those ? run up on me looking like that, its getting shot

Its the only way.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reason #38382 to not go to Guyana
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SPIDERS ARE FROM OUTER SPACE!!! they are a creation of the devil on the planet mars. Don't nothing on this planet look more alien than a spider. I rather sleep in a house full of snakes and scorpions than spend the night with a few big ass spiders in my house. Spiders are unpredictable as ? and they seem to always end up about to land on you if you leave them alone. I almost crashed the car one day while driving in texas. I was driving and this big ass ? looking spider was dangling right in front of my face(no ? ). I saw a spider in louisiana and in georgia jumping before, ? WTF? Snakes, rats, and scorpions are cool because they mind they own business and stay out cho way.

Not spiders though, They some ? damn attention ? . They aint satisfied till they crawling on the roof right above you, crawling on you, or hiding out spinning webs in areas you put ? .
    Camel Spiders are just as big and more aggressive than these tho......i hate spiders!!!!!
    They are not really spiders. They said that a while back. People just gave them that name because they kinda looked like spiders with camel humps.

lol same thing almost happened to me
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, you'd have to bring the Mossberg out for one of them ?
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, you'd have to bring the Mossberg out for one of them ?

On some Resident Evil ? .
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tell females all the time "if you see a spider while you with me. Don't even let the thought cross yo brain about asking me to ? it. You ? that ? that hell spawn".

I mean I can bare killing the small ones but the big ones.....^this is a classic video and this is exactly what be going through my mind.^

ROFLMAO!