*Update* Anonymous East Conf Asst. Coach "Kobe is washed;akin to MJ on the Wizards"

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I mean we've known this for years though. Kobe get's all the credit none of the blame. Nothing new here.

All he does is cuss and speak with super saiyan levels of condescending sarcasm in interviews and the reporters giggle and fawn over him nh They get their soundbyte and ignore the rest
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't Mike still putting up decent numbers in Washington? I mean he looked bad in comparison to how he was, but statwise he was better than a lot of dudes coming off the bench now.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Henry Abbot.

Nah it said assistant...this is a guy Kobe probly destroyed in his prime, or a teammate he sonned, and now he gettin his licks in
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    We been complaining about this for months now and the only thing that's been done is more G&S and Reason posters became mods. Cheap Seats the abandoned step children of the forum

Seems like the quality of this section is a reflection of the posts not the mods.

This is by far the best section on this forum w/o mods
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »

I can tell by your avi you'd smile if Kobe smacked you in public.

? I would too, Smile all the way to the bank. Lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Kobe just tryna pass Mike in points at this point
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe just tryna pass Mike in points at this point

the ? .. he would have dont that last year anyway its only 30 games..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why wont any of these ? say it to his face

Word

But let's not act like he's some trill ass ?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant respect a man that talks ? anonymously

a few points:

Jordan on the Wizards was still better than 90% of the league

People will try to judge kobe based on if the lakers will make the post season or not....but the squad sucks..if Kobe gets them in ...to me that alone proves his greatness

season hasnt even started yet ...you cant call him washed....
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Jordan on the wizards wasnt better than 90% of the league stop it
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a youngin. wizard Jordan had me hating that ?

Missing wide open dunks in the All Star game

Robbing my boy Mac of ASG MVP
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ast coach is a ? scared to put his name on it
  • playmaker88
    Options
    And.. hell be better than Wizards Jordan.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at u ? who don't agree that nobody wants to play with Kobe. Kobe Bryant is a selfish ass ? . ? could ball but he ain't making nobody on his team better.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Lol at u ? who don't agree that nobody wants to play with Kobe. Kobe Bryant is a selfish ass ? . ? could ball but he ain't making nobody on his team better.

stop following ? narratives.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Why wont any of these ? say it to his face

Word

But let's not act like he's some trill ass ?
    UXqYY.jpg

• Copper
    Options

name 12 players better than jordan at that time ?
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Two of them ? was on his team..
  • Copper
    Options
  • playmaker88
    Options
    No love for Jahidi white ..
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

well i guess not 90% but dam near close

reb-5.7
    ast-5.2
    stl-1.4
    pts-22.9
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Two of them ? was on his team..

Name them ? and post they COMPLETE stats.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would say Jordan was around that 90% mark in most people's eyes. It just sounds better than it is.

30 teams, 15 players- all Jordan has to do is rank somewhere in the top 45 in the league to meet that 90% mark.

13 players- Top 39
    12 players- Top 36

I mean, didn't he make the all-star game those years? That alone proves most people saw him at that level.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1st Simply put Kobe has been THE MOST HATED PLAYER IN THE NBA for 19 years. That has to be a record.
    2nd 5 rings. Until you talk about a player with 5 rings ? .
    3rd If KOBE was WHITE he'd be the greatest thing since Elvis and more than half y'all Eminem wanna-be's would be rapping the same tune about how great he is. Charles Barkley would be screaming Kobe the way he on Ginobili's nuts.
    4th I'm banning myself from ever talking about Kobe again. Y'all be saying some dumb SHH too though bout dude, so I had to respond; but I'm revoking my own pass on talking on Kobe after this

Steve Nash is all about the money, Kevin Love all about the money. Dirk Nowitzki ? and mean as hell to his own teammates, ask Steve Nash why he ain't play with him no more, and nobody says nothing.
    Lebron damn near slapped Mario Chalmers and nothing was said.

Damn never thought snitching once on Shaq, being accused of ? from a ? that had 4 different men's ? in her panties the night they took her in and had been guilty of falsely accusing 2 other men of ? in her past could hurt a dude so much. I ain't got much of a problem with sports and likes or dislikes, but this media hatred on Kobe is damn near pretty much racist and the rest is just Lebron fans and people who were sick of being proven wrong by Kobe when they kept saying he was nobody and sucked, and then he only won cause of Shaq and then he only won cause of Pau, then his 81 points was a sign of not passing, then always some ? . I mean folk really wanted to send a dude to prison for 20 years, not really due to the hoe's lying, but due to them not liking the way he plays basketball??? That's evil man. Like him or not, some of y'all's hatred almost got dude sent away.

I ain't got no problem (as y'all know from my posts) with a player that works hard as hell in the offseason and during the season and tries to get other players to do the same, believes in annihilating his opponents and eating their hearts, playing through broken bones and injuries, brought discipline of practice back into the game during a time in the 90's and early 00's when players seemed to no longer care about rings or strict discipline and pride for the game, and lastly not being born with some freakish body figure that allows him to dominate but having to use an average NBA body to do things beyond average.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj1LIqGv1A0
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Let me stay on point to THIS POST: In reply, let Kobe at least play half a season before people make NAstradamus or Nostradamus predictions. How can anyone but a dumbA say Kobe is washed up like a Washington Wizards Jordan B4 the season even starts??? What? What? Is this the same dude who I just said that the last full season he played he had the best stats percentage wise of his entire career (minus the defensive effort that has severely lacked over the years). Can we at least let him play half a season to see if he is actually washed up before just guessing like Charles Barkley.

As for all these media people putting out negative criticism on Kobe, it's just money. ALMOST EVERYBODY IN THE NBA (including Lebron) got an Ego out this world. Why's Kobe's different? Didn't y'all at least play High School Varsity? Don't you remember our egos were big as hell then and we in high school.

They need to make money off Kobe and since the NBA won't allow people to get on Lebron and come out with stories on him...and the writers don't want to be on Lebron's bad list they find it easy to kick an accomplished hard working BLACK man down at the end of his great career who the NBA made billions off of for years and sports writers. The sad thing is this what kid dealt with his whole career.
    So what if he hogs the ball. He wins. As for all the rumors most of it don't really sound like dude's that crazy a person to me. Plus, unselfish players like Chris Paul, Deron Williams ain't actually winning rings either.

It's really sickening, even if I wasn't a Kobe fan I'd say the same. IF KOBE WAS WHITE HE'D BE WORSHIPPED and be called better than Jordan. The season ain't even start yet and people downing him. He shot 10-20 the other night and had 27 points and 4 assists. That's better than 50%. The last time he played a full season he actually had BETTER stats than at any point in his career. I wonder if some of y'all even look at the games or just listen to some (racist) white folk (i gotta say racist cause those are the only one's I got a problem with) and the media.
    I'm a say it man cause y'all don't know or remember and ain't nobody on tv gonna give your boy the credit but I remember clear. The game in the late 90's (talking 1998 through 2002) was going down. Players FG% were going down, nobody passed cause they ALL wanted to be like Jordan but noone wanted to put in the tangible's of actual hard work and continuous training and learning.
    LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY
    Half the players everybody admiring today only playing with that discipline and working toward them rings because of Kobe. Kobe was Smiegel, before that it was the Iverson era (which I also loved) which was turning the game toward playing hard but not working to improve one's skills in the game in the offseason or practice or discipline. Once players saw what Kobe was doing (old school stuff Magic and Isiah used to all do but was dying and dead in the 90's studying tapes, coaching on the floor, losing weight, calling Olajuwon and other players to teach them how to do more footwork post moves) they (Durant, Lebron) started doing it. They even telling y'all when they interviewed it was Kobe they were looking at and trying to be like. Dude was their role model when it came to work ethic.