AFRICAN AMERICAN? BLACK AMERICAN? AMERICAN? AFRICAN?

Options
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
IC CHOOSE AND MOST IMPORTANT EXPLAIN!!!

AFRICAN AMERICAN? BLACK AMERICAN? AMERICAN? AFRICAN? 44 votes

I SEE MYSELF AS A BLACK AMERICAN
47%
DupacFocal PointTrillaaaaaaChef_Taylor intlhakKINGECMax.So ILLTheEyeronic1Mister B.DillaDeafIgot5onitJabu_RuleStillFaggyAF_Jay_Rubato GarciaBrideofKillaonetoughmiracleWiseGuyyBazz-B 21 votes
I SEE MYSELF AS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN
20%
kingblaze84mryoungguncaddo manTrillfateDave2one6LUClENMelqartThe IconoclastBangEm_Bart 9 votes
IM AMERICAN SIMPLE AS THAT
6%
JusDre313Will MunnyJDSTAYWITIT 3 votes
IM THINKING LIKE DEAD PREZ , IM AFRICAN
25%
gnsKairip.dillaAjackson17skpjr78Olorun22JungzSixSickSins$tayRichROLLINLordZukoCunt_Lyfe 11 votes

Comments

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Born here, parents born here, grandparents born here. Not White or Latino, and I intimidate white people at night when I don't smile.

do you respect the opinions of other regarding that subject or nah?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all i see is ? , ? n more ? .
    West Indian, African, Black American, Afro Latino, Austronesians, Negrito= ? n we all get looked at, n treated as such.

Khosian ppl (Nelson Mandela) in South Africa are classified as a different race; scientifically n socially, but that flew out the window when it came to apartheid. They was in the same boat with all the other ? ...

We'll forever b ? , as long as we r under the reign of white supremacy. The flyness of ya clothes, education, n occupation, vocabulary, isnt gonna change that.
    Im not saying Dont try in society, start being a failure. Im saying , even if u in a benz u no different than a ? in a coop...

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black
    African American
    ? (only to be uttered by other Negros)
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black
    African American

So Latinos can't ? when referencing something that's black in color?

I means that is their word for the color black
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly, Black American or African American both work for me. Neither one bothers me, my ancestors come from Africa and I'll never try to deny that
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm Black, and I live in America.

Props for the Dead Prez. reference.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Black
    African American

So Latinos can't ? when referencing something that's black in color?

I means that is their word for the color black

? . i mean refer to me has a ? ..

Aight my ? .

Fall back Housmandzadeh

Lmao.

This ? here.
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    all i see is ? , ? n more ? .
    West Indian, African, Black American, Afro Latino, Austronesians, Negrito= ? n we all get looked at, n treated as such.

Khosian ppl (Nelson Mandela) in South Africa are classified as a different race; scientifically n socially, but that flew out the window when it came to apartheid. They was in the same boat with all the other ? ...

We'll forever b ? , as long as we r under the reign of white supremacy. The flyness of ya clothes, education, n occupation, vocabulary, isnt gonna change that.
    Im not saying Dont try in society, start being a failure. Im saying , even if u in a benz u no different than a ? in a coop...

Even though I get what you're saying, ? what any other race of people thinks of you. You give them power when you concern yourself with that.They don't care what you think of them! I identify myself as a black man in America and am proud of it. ? what the others think cuz they won't like you anyway.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IM THINKING LIKE DEAD PREZ , IM AFRICAN
    Hanging around my African(Liberian, Ghanian,etc..) homeboys I tell they ass go back to Africa all the time.....they always say "yo ? ass gotta go too" :(

I'm Jamaican(not Jamaican-American, jamerican, none of that ? ) with a multiracial/ethnic background.

End of the day, still African/Black.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im from Crenshaw Mafia..
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I wanna say African American, I know that REAL Africans don't even like the American Black man. Live in Crown Heights for a while. You'll see that ? up front. I can't claim a place where people from it, 30 generations ago or now, get the same ? by everyone else, and you STILL think you're better than me.

So, ? it. I'm black. I'm American. I'll leave it at that.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just Black by itself is fine.

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    As much as I wanna say African American, I know that REAL Africans don't even like the American Black man. Live in Crown Heights for a while. You'll see that ? up front. I can't claim a place where people from it, 30 generations ago or now, get the same ? by everyone else, and you STILL think you're better than me.

Get this bull outta here. Africans barely call themselves Africans they refer to themselves by their nationality...
    crown heights n africans???
    Crown heights, flatbush, nostrand, eastern parkway,caanrsie are the lil carribean, mostly West Indian.

If u want that afrrican experience = bronx n harlem .
    Africans ontop of africans.real cool ppl, i dont get the hate they get.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

i am right here in nyc and you are talking out of your ass most of the black people in that section of brooklyn are west indian. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe some of the africans you might have met simply just don't like YOU.

And them liking you or not is irrelevant some african don't even like other africans... word to the nigerian ghanaian beef
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My origins are of the hametic-shemitic race. Descendants of Ham (Egyptians/Kham/Kemets) and Shem (Israelites).

Long explanation:
    My ancestors are the original Israelites forced out of their land by the people of the north that spread throughout the world to speak different languages and were sold into slavery for 400 years for their disobedience to ? (Genesis 28: 49-68).

I technically can't call myself African American because Africa is named after Scipio Africanus, a Roman General that couldn't describe the Ethiopian region of where Hannibal came from when he conquered Greece.

That land was a deritive of Eden where ? started all life. Satan hates ? 's original people so he uses the ignorance in their hearts to tear us apart like Cain did Abel as a result of sin.

So white ppl til this day believe that Nubian Egyptians are white and that a man with skin like fine brass is a white man with blue eyes and blonde hair that looks like a homosexual name Cesare Borgia and that the 12 disciples are white criminals painted by Leonardo da Vinci. Or that you can sneak a little white baby into the confines of a city filled with dark skinned people to avoid persecution.

People that eradicate our culture from its true identity because they know not of their own and til this day tell us that we can't be of African descent because our dominant genes are not dominant enough for them so we should be American like those that discriminate against us but cops use it to racially profile us.

My bad bruh, continue on.