HOW TO STOP POLICE BRUTALITY?

Options
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
THIS IS A TOUGH QUESTION, HOWEVER REGARDING THE LATEST EVENTS I WANTED TO HAVE YOU OPINION.

HOW TO STOP POLICE BRUTALITY? 9 votes

I WISH I SAW MORE BLACK POLICEMEN
11%
Bazz-B 1 vote
NO. I THINK THAT...
88%
vitoriasuzyscrewleftcoastkevWill Munny7figzParallelyahwehprofetBoogaSuga 8 votes

Comments

• babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More black officers. You are NOT going to get rid of emergency services. Be a part of the local government instead of expecting "them" to take care of us.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    More black people on the force won't stop police brutality. They're just brainwashed ? .

Remember black cop that knocked black teen out for smoking a cigarette?

The police are bullied kids who grow up to be ? no matter what race

? em

so according to you its definitely not a race problem...
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You cannot stop police brutality you can only limit and punish it. being a cop is a job that corrupts people any place on earth you will find corrupt police.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    You cannot stop police brutality you can only limit and punish it. being a cop is a job that corrupts people any place on earth you will find corrupt police.

ok. what is your view about the amount of black cops?
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black cops are WOAT in my experience
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The culture of policing starts at the top. They way they approach the job and the purpose they believe they serve leads to the bad interactions.

Culturally they're like a gang in most places, out to cover each other's ass by any means necessary, to the detriment of the citizens if need be. They don't have to answer for wrongdoing, or if they do the punishment is cosmetic and laughable. There is very little integrity within the ranks.

Any ? can become a cop. The guidelines and assessments clearly don't do enough to eliminate the large amount of ppl who should be disqualified for a multitude of reasons.

The point is you have ppl with extreme bias, hate, lack of critical thinking skills, lack of emotional intelligence, bullied ? boy with a gun syndrome, anger mgmt issues, etc. doing this work freely. They are often the ones who escalate bad situations. It all goes back to what they think they're in that position for.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    STOP BEING BRUTAL

There i saved you 3 paragraphs
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some cops are good
    some cops are bad
    you read the news then you get mad
    now every cop is bad
    some cops are brothers, some cops are dads
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NO. I THINK THAT...
    I think having Black cops makes ? worse.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Limit their authority and take away their guns.
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think that police should have to go thru long years of extensive school like a doctor or a lawyer would. I think that in this way you weed out those that have are just looking for a job to pay the bills, and the ones who got bullied in school and want to exact revenge, and you'll have more cops that genuinely have a passion for helping people.... they'll also probably have higher IQs and look to solve issues in more productive ways than by the use of force where it's not necessary.

That and cameras. Cameras everywhere.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

@7figz what u mean?
  • 7figz
    edited October 2014
    Options
    NO. I THINK THAT...
    7figz wrote: »

To elaborate, that's not to say Black people shouldn't be involved in law enforcement.

But in reality, having Black cops tends to have the adverse effect -

Instead of helping the cause, they tend to either be just like the other MFs, or even worse, or they turn a blind eye to the ? .

Then people think cuz Black cops exist, ? is fair. It's not like these Black cops are out here tryin' to make ? better for their people. It seems like they're "cops first" then Black second.

Not feeling too much like articulating this ? right now, but what are Black cops doing to stop these non-Black cops from their racist ? ?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    More black people on the force won't stop police brutality. They're just brainwashed ? .

Remember black cop that knocked black teen out for smoking a cigarette?

The police are bullied kids who grow up to be ? no matter what race

? em

so according to you its definitely not a race problem...
    Nowhere did I say that. Chris dorner would prove that cops are racists that need to be exterminated.

N that's why I said that black cops are ? , most likely brainwashed and racial profiling is prolly in their training.
  • 7figz
    Options
    NO. I THINK THAT...
    Then you got the concept of "Black cops" / "Good cops" diluting the bigger picture.

Who the ? cares how many "good / black cops" are out here if the ? -up cops are still gettin' away with ? ?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The concept of police has been perverted.
    Now any yokel with a few college credits can decide who lives and who dies.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

ok. what is your view about the amount of black cops?

the more black cops the better at least that's a black man taking home a pay check but the reality is no matter what the color, cops are going to do evil ? . trust me on that i am jamaican and our police force is world famous for being corrupt. The nature of the job corrupts people somewhat no matter their race. At least america should have the resources to limit this corruption.

POLICE should have body cameras and they should be punished sternly and criminally when they make a mistake leading to the death or wrongful imprisonment of someone. No more i was afraid so i shot him ? .

We also need to change who can become a cop and what position they can hold, only people with a high empathy level need to become patrol men.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "black police showing out for the white cops"-CUBE

hqdefault.jpg
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its parts of Houston cops dont even go into..them ? /mexicans bust back at police.Not saying that its going to stop police brutality but when ever someone do get stop the cops write a ticket and get the hell on.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    NO. I THINK THAT...
    It could be limited if more cops were actually put on trail and convicted for their crimes.

If the justice system actually policed the police with the same vigor that it polices the citizens.

If corrupt police were publically shamed and put in general population without the chance of moving to PC.

Until then, only expect band aids and lip service.

Mandatory body cameras are a good start.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Retaliation.

They are all people with families at the end of the day. They live somewhere, they can be touched.

They would be less likely to beat up and harass random people if those random people started picking them (and their families) off where they slept.

There is a reason they didnt play with the mafia like they do with us.

You want a man to respect you? Dont ask for it, show him you are a threat!
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its parts of Houston cops dont even go into..them ? /mexicans bust back at police.Not saying that its going to stop police brutality but when ever someone do get stop the cops write a ticket and get the hell on.

Bruh I know police don't go into south Dallas unless they at least 20 deep, they be scared of the hood.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to S.A.S and others..if we dressed better and wore suits police brutality will go down and they respect us! Problem solved...

ampffo.jpg