Tipping at restaurants

Options
BoogaSuga
BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
So my girl & i were having a discussion with our friend who is a waitress and she said she hates getting tables with black people because they generally are bad tippers. She is black herself. I thought she was joking but she swears its true. She has been a waitress for 10yrs and says its common knowledge in the service industry.

I know not everyone on the IC is black butthe majority are i believe. So heres the question...

What is your go to tip at a restaurant?
No special circumstances... waiter did their job well nothing to complain about... what are you tipping?

Tipping at restaurants 56 votes

none
5%
soul rattler700Max. 3 votes
10%
10%
damnkpSgt HJIgot5onitTrillfateNegro_Caesarmysticmonroe7 6 votes
15%
28%
white715bigduece69JusDre313The Lonious MonkTheEyeronic1HarlemThumzUpNothingButTheTruthnumbaz...80's babyBuilt 4 cuban linxRiGGAAristo_V300StillFaggyAFtrilladelicWiseGuyyA Talented Onegotdamkam 16 votes
20%
51%
DupacgnsCincoplaymaker88suzyscrewFocal Pointblack caesarobnoxiouslyfreshPurrhueyvagrant-718mryounggunriddleraptompetrez3LPastits....JOHN BLike WaterTheBoyRoKairoBilly_Poncho 29 votes
25%
1%
airspeeze23 1 vote
25%+
1%
Bcotton5 1 vote

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    i don't tip by percentages i just go with whatever feel like. usually if my bill is $10-20 i start with $5 & go up or down based on the service. if my bill is more i adjust.
  • mysticmonroe7
    mysticmonroe7 Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Options
    10%
    I tip but the most I have tipped is $5. But I feel like its away for the owners to pay the waiters less money and shame the customer. I worked as a cashier before got paid $5.50 no one gave my an extra $5. And I would get in trouble if I asked a customer for a tip. The black people don't tip thing is because black people get paid less than whites. I feel like as a customer Im being shamed into giving more money, if you want to protest talk to your manager not me, because if I tip and extra $10, I better get some mozzarella sticks with it. Plus I feel like because of the black people don't tip well myth we get bad service. And that stupid waitress shamed Floyd Mayweather for not tipping on a $25,000 or whatever meal but it was her boss that comped his meal. She should have demanded her boss to give her something out of the comp.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20%
    i round up to the dollar
  • mysticmonroe7
    mysticmonroe7 Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Options
    10%
    I was thinking about doing that as a protest for Mike Brown, Trayvon, Jordan,etc. Like all black people not tip no white people for a while, its gonna have to be some kind of money boycott, like boycott the friends, family,etc of the cops involved.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20%
    15% should just be included at every place, then add whatever you want. what people don't seem to get about the tipping thing is.. if the manager paid the employees more and they didnt rely on tips, you'd just be paying more for the food instead. id rather pay less for the food and then be able to choose how much more i throw in, even though i always tip generously.
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    20%
    riddlerap wrote: »
    15% should just be included at every place, then add whatever you want. what people don't seem to get about the tipping thing is.. if the manager paid the employees more and they didnt rely on tips, you'd just be paying more for the food instead. id rather pay less for the food and then be able to choose how much more i throw in, even though i always tip generously.

Cosign. I always tip at least 20 unless the waitress is a ? or is ignoring our table. Then my generosity fades
  • Strokenoff
    Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't tip by percentages i just go with whatever feel like. usually if my bill is $10-20 i start with $5 & go up or down based on the service. if my bill is more i adjust.

Word
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20%
    I don't eat out much, at most once a month so I don't have a problem tipping.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This discussion again? If service exceptional, tips given. If expected as in I should, no ? given. My bartender holding me down? Tips automatic.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20%
    Don't be a simp tipper

" she likes me , she really really likes me as mofos"
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    none
    I went to a diner at 6am with 3 black friends n the lady said

"We dont have any money" with a cop 2 feet away

? felt like the 50s...i could tell my blk friends were kinda mad they cracked jokes but said no problem we will use a debit card

And naw we didnt tip
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    She has been a waitress for 10yrs and says its common knowledge in the service industry.

mHM3DMk.gif
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would it be considered "acting white" to tip when most black people don't?
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    10%
    Can't give them more than I give ? ...but why does everybody expect a tip now? Even the lady who wipes down the table at the buffet thinks she should get a tip..? is ridiculous
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20%
    That ? needs some ? ambition, ? her.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20%
    I bet she was tellin everybody "Yea I'm not gonna be here long, this is just to tide me over for a while"
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'Do you tip: part 5,000,000'
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    20%
    I bet she was tellin everybody "Yea I'm not gonna be here long, this is just to tide me over for a while"

Lol @ everybody shittin on her for being a waitress so long.

She has a 2nd job. And she actually makes bank off tips. Most waitresses do as long as they are at a good/busy restaurant.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    none
    ^^^ true gns is trash