The Pain Nas Sees the Picture of the Man Who Enslaved One of His Family Member

Options
deathrowzorrow
deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in The Reason
Nas has decide to go back and look at his roots. He always been very close with his mother. His mother told Nas before she died that she wants Nas to go back and see their background because it's deep. Nas kept that promise but it's been hard he said. He thinks it's time now.

This is why you should consider Nas as the GOAT. Nas family was deep and they really went thru that struggle

http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/10/27/look-at-the-pain-on-nas-face-when-he-sees-the-picture-of-the-man-who-enslaved-one-of-his-family-members/

Comments

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? take time to compliment Iggy but can't speak on Furgeson? ? Nas
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would buy the land too, just to burn the house down
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas is going to put this in a Rap
  • geechiedanbuford214
    geechiedanbuford214 Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »

I thought that he mentioned the house burned down in the 60s though
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't see any pain

Pocahantas ..... really

I don't see the point in him saying he had more than $800 in his pocket, but whatever ......

Why is the dude acting like ? is so funny and trying to gas ? at the same time "Take a look at that guy, that is the white man that owned your ancestors!" He act like dude was standing right there and Nas could go punch him in the face or something.

Is this just a clip of a whole episode? I want to know how they went about getting this info and if they're gonna try and go even further back if they can
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, Nas gets far too much credit for this type stuff. But the simple ? he flubs on. This ? dont move me.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    I didn't see any pain

Pocahantas ..... really

I don't see the point in him saying he had more than $800 in his pocket, but whatever ......

NAS said this because $800 aint a lot of money..
    It goes to show how much "white people/slave sellers/slave owners" felt a black man/woman's life is worth..

There are dogs/puppies that cost more than $800..

To many $800 is not considered a lot of money today but, we're talking $800 in 1859 ......
    Seems like Nas was at a loss for words and just said that just to say something ........
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Nas does buy that land
  • deathrowzorrow
    Options
    Nas the realest ever.
  • deathrowzorrow
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    It's a PBS series titled "Finding Your Roots" with Professor Henry Louis Gates. A Black Historian who's done great work. "The Black Grandma in the Closet" and "The African Americans: many rivers to cross".
    GOAT
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't see any pain

Pocahantas ..... really

It goes to show how much "white people/slave sellers/slave owners" felt a black man/woman's life is worth..

To many $800 is not considered a lot of money today but, we're talking $800 in 1859 ......
    Seems like Nas was at a loss for words and just said that just to say something ........

You must be missing the point on purpose. You asked for an explanation and got it but want to nitpick about inflation? Guess what... Nas probably didn't actually have $800 in his pocket right then either.

The fact of the matter is he was expressing how he felt about the fact that his ancestor was bought for an amount of money that he would normally consider trivial.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Meh, Nas gets far too much credit for this type stuff. But the simple ? he flubs on. This ? dont move me.

This post should not be forgotten its true!
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't see any pain

Pocahantas ..... really

800$ in the 1850 woulda probably been around 20000 today

• scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    I didn't see any pain

Pocahantas ..... really

You must be missing the point on purpose. You asked for an explanation and got it but want to nitpick about inflation? Guess what... Nas probably didn't actually have $800 in his pocket right then either.

The fact of the matter is he was expressing how he felt about the fact that his ancestor was bought for an amount of money that he would normally consider trivial.

Thank you.
  • deathrowzorrow
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »

This post should not be forgotten its true!

Why should he not get credit for things like this? What do you mean in past etc?
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »

I thought that he mentioned the house burned down in the 60s though

Yeah they did I'm judging off the way he looked.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    I didn't see any pain

Pocahantas ..... really

800$ in the 1850 woulda probably been around 20000 today

The consumer price index website has a Currensy inflation calculator that can confidently answer this for you