Kid gets taunted for weeks and defends himself, gets beat and charged with assault

Options
King Ghidorah
King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
A 14-year-old boy hospitalized in a ? -bashing attack has been charged with assault and suspended from school because he threw the first punch at the boys for taunting him.

Eric Martin spent nine days in an intensive ward with a broken arm, severe concussion and heavy spinal bruising after four classmates allegedly called him '? ' and a '? ' then slammed him into a table and repeatedly punched him.

But police investigating the incident at Highland Springs High School in Henrico, Virginia, have decided to bring charges against Eric for instigating the fight.

The teenager has also been barred from returning to classes until he signs a confession admitting he threatened school.

Enraged, his mother Mary Martin said Eric was defending himself against a group of bullies who have repeatedly taunted him with homophobic slurs.

Despite reporting the jibes to Highland Springs, she says, nothing was done to stop them.

'I'm angry, and I'm hurt,' Mary Martin told NBC 12. 'He's got bruises all down the line of his back where he was just slammed on that table.'

'So in other words the four or five boys can beat my boy to death,' she said, 'and he gets one slap in and gets charged, too? That's plain ridiculous.'

Henrico County Schools spokesperson Andy Jenks released a statement on the issue when it happened, in early September: 'We take very seriously the safety and security of our students, and we are investigating this incident.

'As always, school divisions are very limited in what information can be made publicly available.

'Any of our students who are determined to be responsible will be dealt with according to our established disciplinary policies and procedures.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2810386/Boy-14-hospitalised-head-arm-spine-injuries-? -bashing-fight-charged-threw-punch-response-slurs.html

uy94Gzx.jpg

Lol, school give no ?

Comments

• Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beginning of the article said, he threw the first punch and later on his mom said all he did was throw a slap. So yea, i cant really speak on this until some more facts become clear. And for the record, just cuz hes in the hospital doesnt mean hes 100% the victim.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh. Dunno what to think about this. Not enough information and too many conflicting stories. But if this lil dude threw the first punch, slap or whatever...*shrugs*
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? don't ? with nobody.

I can Guarantee that dude was getting picked on everyday.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    So he slapped one dude and then got jumped?

Did he lined all them up and slap them comedian style?

If not them other dudes need to be charged too
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He lost

Seldom can you justify escalating words to violence
    He should have taken the insults in stride and waited for someone else to initiate
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    i can respect that the kid stood up for himself even though he was outnumbered... especially since he could have just come back later and shot up the whole school which is the modern way of dealing with bullies, rejection and other high school problems.

but there's something strange about the fact that the students, the school and the cops all seem to hate this kid.

Yea it's weird that you get charged for fighting one person but the other ppl didn't get charged.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

he could have just come back later and shot up the whole school

It's not too late for him to do that.

Actually wouldn't be surprised if he does.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    i can respect that the kid stood up for himself even though he was outnumbered... especially since he could have just come back later and shot up the whole school which is the modern way of dealing with bullies, rejection and other high school problems.

but there's something strange about the fact that the students, the school and the cops all seem to hate this kid.

Yea it's weird that you get charged for fighting one person but the other ppl didn't get charged.

Well, the mother did say "he gets charged too"....which seems to imply that the other boys were charged as well:

'So in other words the four or five boys can beat my boy to death,' she said, 'and he gets one slap in and gets charged, too? That's plain ridiculous.'

She was just upset that her son was even charged at all.....not that the other students weren't charged.

Somehow I get the feeling this isn't over.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

with what, a glitter gun?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Tell him ? happens. Welcome to life.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Well, the mother did say "he gets charged too"....which seems to imply that the other boys were charged as well:

She was just upset that her son was even charged at all.....not that the other students weren't charged.

Somehow I get the feeling this isn't over.

Oh ok.
  • King Ghidorah
    King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The other students were charged, she uses too as in "damn, my son gets his ass kicked and he got charged too!"
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    Beginning of the article said, he threw the first punch and later on his mom said all he did was throw a slap. So yea, i cant really speak on this until some more facts become clear. And for the record, just cuz hes in the hospital doesnt mean hes 100% the victim.

He ? fam, trust he threw a slap.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Lol. Word. I went to school with this ? back in the day who STAYED starting fights with people and STAYED getting beat the ? up.

Yo I think everyone went to a school where there was that one ? or ?

That would constantly get into dumb ?

I had this ? i went to school with named Walter and this ? stayed starting ?

And as a result would get his ass thoroughly beat like a pinanta at a mexican quincera

And he stayed claiming Innocent during all of it smh which made ? want to ? him up some more lol

Last I heard ? was about to do time for ? up his baby mama or something

A ? can only get his ass whipped so many times until they snap

And try to get a W somewhere

And if that was his intention than he got it

And still took that L in the process lol

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Lol. Word. I went to school with this ? back in the day who STAYED starting fights with people and STAYED getting beat the ? up.

Yo I think everyone went to a school where there was that one ? or ?

That would constantly get into dumb ?

I had this ? i went to school with named Walter and this ? stayed starting ?

And as a result would get his ass thoroughly beat like a pinanta at a mexican quincera

And he stayed claiming Innocent during all of it smh which made ? want to ? him up some more lol

Last I heard ? was about to do time for ? up his baby mama or something

A ? can only get his ass whipped so many times until they snap

And try to get a W somewhere

And if that was his intention than he got it

And still took that L in the process lol

Word. Dude I was talking about used to get ? up ALL the time. He took 1 to the head like 2 years ago. I was talking to my sister and was like 'Damn, somebody finally shot Johnathan.'. He was in a wheel chair ever since and finally died like a month or so ago. Crazy ? .
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

he could have just come back later and shot up the whole school

It's not too late for him to do that.

Actually wouldn't be surprised if he does.

Hope he does.
  • count  remy
    count remy Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He just lucky he didn't get shot in the chest. Take the L and keep it moving.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This article is written awfully