The Official Mass Appeal Records Thread

Options
deathrowzorrow
deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in The Reason
Mass Appeal Records is an record label founded in 2014. In May 2014. Founder Nas aka Nasir Jones

Artists
Bishop Nehru
Boldy James
Fashawn
Run the Jewels
Dave East

Future Releases
Mass Appeal Records - Mass Appeal Compilation Vol. 1 - TBA
Fashawn - The Ecology - Early 2015
Run the Jewels - RTJ2 - October 27, 2014
Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 - TBA
Dave East - "Debut Album" - TBA

More to come

Comments

• RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas got a strong group of artist on mass appeal.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I didn't even know Nas signed Run The Jewels until a month ago. That's a very good look for him. As I've said before, whoever is handling the business portion of his career is doing a very good job. He owns a magazine which also doubles as a record label, his label has a healthy array of young and very talented artists, he's invested in other businesses, he's got his hand in a lot of social endeavours that go beyond charities. Whoever Nas recently linked up with got him hanging out with Mark Zuckerberg, humanitarians and people from that walk of life.

It's a good look, Nas will continue to thrive.

not to mention that he appears to have paid up the IRS. I don't' hear anything about him owing them money anymore.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'ma keep it real. Mass Appeal might as well be called 'Run The Jewels and those other ? ', as far as I'm concerned. Not that the other ? aren't dope, I just don't know one way or the other. Never heard a single bar/lyric from any one of them except Fashawn. And I heard his ? maybe once.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dopest roster in "mainstream" hip hop without a doubt. Not a artist on the list i dont enjoy. Smh @ the Ecology still not having an official release date.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope he handles it correctly unlike most rap labels.
  • RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boldy james need to drop a new album on this label soon. That My 1st chemistry set album went hard as hell. i cant imagine the music him and nas could make.