A new sad ass show" the profit"

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
basically this guy goes to companies and claims to want to help them out and he will put all the money up to get things right.

but thing is people are so impressed with him throwing around money they become blind and deaf and fall to realize he just bought majority and controlling stake in the company.

then he goes crazy with power to grab the profit.

byu the end of the show, everyone is smiling and not even knowing they just got muscled out.

try to watch this show an not get angry at the stupidity or the arrogance or the underhanded ? .

http://www.cnbc.com/live-tv/the-profit

what chall think

Comments

• Strokenoff
    Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Murica....? Yea!!!
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I don't see the issue. He bought a controlling stake, he does as he pleases
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually do something similar to this except i usually can't be bothered with actually running the company.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I clicked the link was was like damn his hair line go straight over with 0 angles at all.

He sit in the barber chair like "a number 2 all over and gimme a U-Turn up front"
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love that show homie. Free business advice with examples of what not to do. DVR'd the whole last season.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, people like him are called Sharks.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only watched part of one episode and though he seems like a fairly decent guy I had a feeling what he was really about was squeezing that bread out these people business after he put a handsome sum (half a mil or more) of money up to "help" them. Lol ironically, the show being called, The Profit, most likely alludes not to how he helped these failing business get out the red and into the green, but to how he flipped his own cash using their business to do it. Of course in the show, this is all supposed to be invisible.

I'll rather stick with Shark Tank. ? is funny watching them negotiate and some of them offers be ridiculous
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    a fairly decent guy?

he's a leech.
    what some may see as, well he's helping failing businesses, I see a ? who has money and stealing the business ideas of those people most vulnerable.

he can easily consult but his greed won't let him pass up on an opportunity to take some ? .
    yes, I know the people should know better an its their fault for allowing it. but must you do it just because you can?

he sees the people have a certain weakness. whether its seeing big money, or success without the work, or just can't think on his level.

either way he's a predator.
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    Yea know what you mean but you must have a sharp business sense because I don't think the average person watching the show looks at it like that. I could be wrong, maybe they do see his game. I can't really knock him though. He does help at least a little bit. I don't know whether it's worth it or not since I'm not the one doing deals with him and don't know much about the show to know the long term outcome of the people he's dealt with. Has anybody business failed after messing with him?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Huhm_bruh wrote: »
    Yea know what you mean but you must have a sharp business sense because I don't think the average person watching the show looks at it like that. I could be wrong, maybe they do see his game. I can't really knock him though. He does help at least a little bit. I don't know whether it's worth it or not since I'm not the one doing deals with him and don't know much about the show to know the long term outcome of the people he's dealt with. Has anybody business failed after messing with him?

well you cant say their business failed because it is now his. and he has the disposable income to get it right.

thiung is alof of these companies just need a consultant. some to organized nd critique ? an they will be fine.

personally i dont give a damn how my business is, i am not giving no one control over my ? . my wife dont even have a say soo in my business...she hardly knows what i do.

but to say he helps? again people are looking at the right things.
    ex....a company make 200k a year but claim to be worth 4.5mil. they are unorganized and losing money and not streamlined process wise too save money.

dude would come in. give 300k and take majority owner ? over the company. lets say 75%

in three months all his money he invested help make the compnay successful. now instead of making only200k a yr. they now make a mill a year...but guess what.

first money in first money out, they aint getting they money until he gets his investment out. then ofter he takes that they split the rest of the profits 25/75.

so now the owner make 250k an lost control of his company. but he didnt get that until dude got his money.
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    Huhm_bruh wrote: »

well you cant say their business failed because it is now his. and he has the disposable income to get it right.

thiung is alof of these companies just need a consultant. some to organized nd critique ? an they will be fine.

personally i dont give a damn how my business is, i am not giving no one control over my ? . my wife dont even have a say soo in my business...she hardly knows what i do.

but to say he helps? again people are looking at the right things.
    ex....a company make 200k a year but claim to be worth 4.5mil. they are unorganized and losing money and not streamlined process wise too save money.

dude would come in. give 300k and take majority owner ? over the company. lets say 75%

in three months all his money he invested help make the compnay successful. now instead of making only200k a yr. they now make a mill a year...but guess what.

first money in first money out, they aint getting they money until he gets his investment out. then ofter he takes that they split the rest of the profits 25/75.

so now the owner make 250k an lost control of his company. but he didnt get that until dude got his money.

yea he's winning. im surprised people even agree to give up majority percentage. Are majority control deals the only type he offer? What if they insist he only take 49% does he walk out the door? if so then yea he's greedy as hell.