Ja Rule: "I've never been beat up, stabbed up, shot up...He's the real victim"

Options

Comments

• smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blood in My Eye was a decent record but I think ppl got sick of the 2Pac biting that Ja Rule was up to.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

http://youtu.be/w73qxCxRnWE

Never heard 50 and his crew make a song tougher than this though.. .

The whole get rich or die tryin, power of the dollar and war angel is better than that song
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bumped Get Rich @ the height of its popularity like everyone else circa 2003 and that was that

Album aged like a muhfucka.. .

Only 50 album I really ? with was Guess Who's Back? I'd take Ja's Pain Is Love over any other 50 joint.. .

Anyway it's all personal preference.

• BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A white man gets paid off all of that
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna stress again, Ja's last album was good as ?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    He gonna be eighty years old still talking about, " he the real wanksta I ain't a wanksta im a gangsta"

Clown #1: interviewers ask him questions then he answers

Over 10 years later and he still never learned the greatest lesson of all: Silence is golden. I remember KRS-One said that of MC Shan: "If he never would've responded, I wouldn't be sitting here today."

50's Interscope machine would've had him do numbers, but Ja feeding into the ? just gave 50 extra life. He needs to just treat questions on that subject like they never happened.

Clown #2: You're delusional and changing history. ? was ? on Ja for not saying anything (for an entire year) when the beef popped off...Had ? crowning Fif as the ? thug for supposedly having Ja too shook to respond

I cant believe yall still riding ? 10 years later. Hop off 50 nuts and be objective

Calm your ? .

Point still remains: he responded when he didn't have to say ? . Kings don't respond to peasants. Ja was clearing damn near $30 million at his height. 50 was bragging about a million dollar advance, a spinning chain, and Rolex advance.

Norah Jones did better than 50 Cent numbers, and no one in pop culture probably even remembers who she is.

Point is, Ja Rule was YEARS into a CAREER. 50 could've been a flash in the pan and gone tomorrow. Why risk all you built to respond to a ? beneath you? A year later. 10 years later. Whatever. Shut the ? up and go on home to count the money.

You must not remember the climate back then. 50 was all over the internet. He was releasing a Ja Rule diss every other week. It was more than just I Smell ? and Backdown. There were dozens of disses. Everybody was talking about the 50/Ja beef and when Eminem signed 50, his publicity skyrocketed.

Ja Rule might have been able to ignore 50 Cent up until the time Eminem signed him. But after Em signed him and he started getting marketing and promotion, Ja didn't have a choice, he had to respond.

We live in an era of the 24/7 news cycle. We forget outrageous crimes two weeks later. Sean Bell, Oscar Grant, and countless others shot by police and it's everywhere for a few months then nothing.

You mean to tell me 50's immune? A few people would've still talked about the beef, but eventually 50 would've gotten exposed sooner had Ja not responded. Fans would've been, "Damn... ? talking about the same ? ! Let it go, bruh! All he do is stay beefing and talking about being shot and blah, blah, blah!"

Eminem co-sign or not, 50 fell off the minute people quit responding to his beef bait. That's the bad part: if Ja had patience, played big dog, and checked the little man complex, I think 50 would've had a Kendrick-level wave of success.

NH at beef bait, lmao. Anyway, if you lived in NY during that time, you should know that even without the Ja Rule beef, 50 was going to be a dominant force in Hip Hop. It was 50 mania in the GRODT days.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 piggybacked off of Ja's success

And than he kicked Smurf to the curb smmfh and lol

Damn
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has ja ever got hurt in any of the altercations with 50 cent cause it always seemed like 50 cent was catching injuries left and right?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Ignoring 50 or not, let's not act like Ja didn't dig his own grave by doing a song with Bobby Brown and... this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcP96KbFIIU

"Ja, what's this new look?"... ? outta here.

It was a good song, it just came at the wrong time. I remember they used to play that video and then play Wanksta right after.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    mesmerize is No where near a good song, I dont care when it came out
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I always find funny I'd that ja rule was going two, three, four times platinum
    Everyone played the songs, everyone knew the songs, everyone danced to the songs. Then fifty comes out and now everyone hates the ?
    I never was super huge fan of ja rule, but like nelly, I can't deny the hits
    How ppl just turn on him like they never liked the music, I never understood
    ? all the beef ? , I'm talking about the actual music
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Never liked Ja.. The funny ? is def jam told him and Irv that those songs were ? ? .. like they knew it would hurt his career Ja and Irv didnt listen
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    I never liked ja rule before and after 50. As a matter of fact I didnt start liking 50 like that until like 08 when war angel came out and when my college roommate made me some of his other mixtapes but I do know some big time fans that did turn on ja when 50 came out. btw, just cause someone dont like the ? music doesnt mean its "hate"
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    'Mesmerise' ain't worse than 'Candy Shop' though.. .

LOL
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    edited November 2014
    Options
    candy shop is bad but no mesmerize is worse foh
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    The massacre>>>every ja rule album

Ja rules best album is the first ? and that was mediocre as ?
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    I never liked ja rule before and after 50.

That explains a lot

I think they were both decent but 50 too was complicit in doing some of the things he dissed Ja for on songs like singing corny hooks...

And I think Ja and Irv Gotti had better chemistry with the music and are still cool. 50 was good at cutting ties with everyone he came up with musically and that affected him somewhat
  • rip.dilla
    Options
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I never liked ja rule before and after 50.

That explains a lot

I think they were both decent but 50 too was complicit in doing some of the things he dissed Ja for on songs like singing corny hooks...

And I think Ja and Irv Gotti had better chemistry with the music and are still cool. 50 was good at cutting ties with everyone he came up with musically and that affected him somewhat

only thing it explains is how trash ja rule is.

He'll have some ? that I would like on a album like 3 songs and ? but never a whole project, as a matter of fact not even half a project. My brother liked him so I heard his album and was never impressed and when pain is love came out. That when I finally confirmed that the ? grade A garbage.

But another thing, I realized at that era is that hip hop fans are the worst fans in music. I never forget that 106 and park episode when the fans ? on him, ? was weird
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    edited November 2014
    Options
    http://youtu.be/Z3Oux1lN__4

Was and is still my ? .. .

Yeah that was dope
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    ? all that. Backdown shiits all over loose change. All of a sudden loose change is some legendary diss record.

When Loose Change dropped that end line about Eminem's daughter, mom, and ex wife caught a big reaction and it actually has been debated how well Loose Change holds up against 50's disses many times. This aint a new topic
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Was never a fan of Ja Rule ? just seemed like he was out of control fake with how he was trying be. Now don't get me wrong ? has a few songs I like but its not many. ? just got a style I don't like.

The rapper Rick Ross out of ? control fake with how he tries to present himself but to me the ? make ? I like. Still don't ? with the ? but I can listen to his music. He has more ? I like than I dislike.