• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Cant wait!!! Last album grew on me. but cmon b we need a single asap
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dawggggg

I was just randomly thought about him after watching Kendrick performance an said

"This ? too ? quiet"

The gawd is back!!!!
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So no music? Let me know when the music gets here ."don't think I'm buying ? from Roc Nation until they sort out that Jay Electronica ?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    nah its a legit retail album
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cold world no snuggie
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good some more falling the sleep music
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I was just about to make this thread. But I'm looking forward to this, it drops the same day as the pryhme joint right. !?!? Should be a great week for music
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So no music? Let me know when the music gets here ."don't think I'm buying ? from Roc Nation until they sort out that Jay Electronica ?
    ? we all know jay elec not dropping for at least 60 years. lol looking forward to music dropping from cole this decade nah mean?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We all kno jay e sorry I'm mobile lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn either that ? dont give a ? about promo or singles or i been really schleep
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Cold world no snuggie

? !!!!!!!

And no mufuckin blanket either!!!!

Damn, he could've hit us with a snippet of something at the end of the video
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When i first played Born Sinner and heard J. Cole say "its way darker this time" i thought "oh ? , he's gonna drop something better than his last album" then the ? line came, then the Jay Z story again, then there's a bunch of love songs, a good collab with K.Dot and the title track wich was the best one off the album to me.
    Were was this so called "darkness" tho?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hold up ain't Carter V dropping Dec 9th too??? First Kanye now Wayne ? Cole tryna get in everybody sales and get that free promotion....I ain't mad at em tho
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When i first played Born Sinner and heard J. Cole say "its way darker this time" i thought "oh ? , he's gonna drop something better than his last album" then the ? line came, then the Jay Z story again, then there's a bunch of love songs, a good collab with K.Dot and the title track wich was the best one off the album to me.
    Were was this so called "darkness" tho?

In comparison, the subject matter was deeper and the beats had more of an um, touchyness to them. Basically Cole World was your cookie cutter album and Born sinner was more i got some ? to get off my soul.

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Hold up ain't Carter V dropping Dec 9th too??? First Kanye now Wayne ? Cole tryna get in everybody sales and get that free promotion....I ain't mad at em tho

The Pinkprint is supposed to drop Dec 15th and Tyga's Gold Album is supposed to drop Dec 23rd. Knowing Cash Money, two of those will probably be pushed back. I'm guessing Nicki's album will be the one that actually drops.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sion if you hit the link it's a pre-order for the album on itunes. it says roc nation as well so it's not a mixtape
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well damn, quietly dropping albums...

Got a feeling Kanye dropping in December too..
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another ? whos mixtapes exceed his albums in regards to quality.... hope he gets it together this go around
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Personally I think he's going to drop a mixtape or EP like FNL. The video showcases him returning to his roots. I think that means we'll get an album more like his first 2 albums with very little to no features - save for his Dreamville cohorts and maaaybe 1 high profile artist he happens to be cool wit (Drake ?).

At the same time tho, we live in a singles driven market now. If he DOES indeed drop an album I don't think it'll be for sales, he'll do what Macklemore did w/ The Heist and just and market the video singles as major records. So we'll prolly get a video for every song. He practically said it @6:50 of the vid that album sales success don't mean anything to him & isn't a barometer of success in his career. This could be the start of something innovative b/c that's MUCH easier to do for an artist like Cole who may not craft major hit records like Lil Wayne or Young Thug but can drop songs a group of people can relate to (just like Macklemore did w/ Thrift Shop, Can't Nobody Hold Us, Same Love, etc. cuz he didn't have a machine behind him so it had to be done like that). Macklemore sold ? all in the first week but his album went on to go nearly 2x platinum & won 7 grammies. Then afterwards later next year he'll push a full album with the RocNation machine behind him along with that same grind. It makes sense to do that considering RocNation is more of an independent label than it is a major and Cole could really benefit especially given the way he markets himself. Logic did the same thing which is why he was able to sell 70k in the first week w/ virtually NO mainstream support or singles.

Labels can't make a lot of money selling records b/c of all the marketing that goes in. J.Cole is already a brand name, too so it'd be a lot easier for him to do what Macklemore did but more successfully. Plus doing it like this he doesn't get stuck in the label cycle of 5 months marketing then on to album #2. He can market this one album for as long as he can (The Heist dropped 2 years ago btw). That's really really clever if that's what Cole has in mind, which is what I think he's going for....

Its over
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great news.

Ill believe it when i see it tho.

Seems too soon to be dropping out nowhere.