NFL Father of Cancer-Stricken Daughter Being Called a Deadbeat by his BM

Options
S2J
S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
BzOz20ECIAAJY4g.jpg

devon-still-ellen.jpg

Devon_Still_Leah_Still_sleeping_in_hospital_1411748138896_8452652_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still, whose relationship with his cancer-stricken daughter has been the NFL feel-good story of the season, is allegedly a deadbeat dad.

Still has not paid any child support for months for Leah Still, his sick 4-year-old daughter who was honored on the field during the Bengals’ 24-3 loss to the Cleveland Browns in Cincinnati earlier this month, according to Channing Smythe, Leah’s mother.

Civil rights attorney Gloria Allred, who represents Leah’s mother, delivered a letter to the NFL on Tuesday asking the league to investigate if Still has violated its Personal Conduct Policy by failing to pay child support for the girl, who was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a rare pediatric cancer in June.

“I don’t think it is fair that Devon Still, who is Leah’s father, has refused to pay any child support for her for the months of August, September, October and November of this year,” Smythe said in a declaration that accompanied the letter addressed to NFL vice president Jeffrey Pash.

Smythe said in her declaration that she is unable to work because Leah’s treatment and care require full-time attention, adding they would be homeless if a friend of her mother’s had not permitted them to move in with her. Smythe claimed she had to accept food stamps from July through October in order to feed herself and her daughter.

Smythe and Leah live in Delaware, and Smythe said she has to borrow cars from friends and relatives to take the girl to Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia for treatment.

“We are unable to take public transportation such as the train because of Leah’s low immune system and because of my desire not to expose her to others given her medical condition,” Smythe said.

Allred’s letter said Still has paid some child support in the past. The letter also said Smythe has a family law attorney who recently demanded that Still immediately pay his outstanding child support. Still, who is expected to earn about $570,000 for the 2014 season, then allegedly called Smythe and told her he would not pay any amount at all and would see her in court.

“I have an outstanding medical bill for Leah for an ambulance for her,” Smythe said in her declaration. “I have been unable to pay the ambulance bill, and it is not covered under insurance. If I were receiving child support for Leah I would be able to pay this bill, but since Leah’s father is refusing to provide child support I am unable to pay the bill for the ambulance.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/leah-mom-bengals-devon-deadbeat-dad-article-1.2024259

Bytch, really?

doc2.gif

Comments

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are donating money because they sympathize with the story, and she's essentially taking money away from her daughter because she wants to be spiteful
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So whats the issue here? ? aint paying child support and their daughter has cancer

OP explain to me why I'm supposed to be offended by his babymom calling him a deadbeat

I wanna hear your rationale
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds to me like bruh needs to just pay child support...
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    ? ? child support, your dead beat baby daddy has helped raised money for your daughter to have a chance at life. stop being ? ungrateful

But he aint feeding them

If she really had to get food stamps this dudes a ?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea ? need to pay that support...kids expensive af and i'm sure she got medical expenses racking up that's in addition to her cancer treatments...not to mention do any of us really know where the money went?
  • S2J
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So whats the issue here? ? aint paying child support and their daughter has cancer

OP explain to me why I'm supposed to be offended by his babymom calling him a deadbeat

Considering the circumstances and timing, i just dont believe her. *shrug* She's also contacting the league to see if it violates the personal conduct policy. Really?...She also hired Gloria Alred. Hmm, Gloria Alred for a simple chsup issue? Gloria Alred dont get out the bed unless money is to be made, and it seems they both smell all that extra money floatin around...and as primary guardian, there'd be nothing to stop the mother from taking that money directly. Anything donated for the daughter can legally be handed right on over to the primary guardian, the mother. Perhaps she wants to expedite and put some structure to all that...as the Godfather so eloquently put it, she wants to wet her beak. Imo
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This rot mout ? is concerning herself with money over her own damn daughter's well being???

Look at that picture. Do you think his daughter give a damn about child support???
  • tjohunkin
    tjohunkin Members Posts: 170
    Options
    seems like she wants a new car
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His baby momma didn't actually call him a "dead beat" in the article, but I'm pretty sure that was Gloria Allred's doing.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Considering the circumstances and timing, i just dont believe her. *shrug* She's also contacting the league to see if it violates the personal conduct policy. Really?...She also hired Gloria Alred. Hmm, Gloria Alred for a simple chsup issue? Gloria Alred dont get out the bed unless money is to be made, and it seems they both smell all that extra money floatin around...and as primary guardian, there'd be nothing to stop the mother from taking that money directly. Anything donated for the daughter can legally be handed right on over to the primary guardian, the mother. Perhaps she wants to expedite and put some structure to all that...as the Godfather so eloquently put it, she wants to wet her beak. Imo

So you're just speculating based on your biases, not any actual facts?

The kid got cancer...Pay child support, homie
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how you have no car and no home, and on food stamps in a matter of a few months if their daughter has insurance. Not saying that he shouldn't pay support, he should but something don't sound right...
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know enough about their situation to really comment *shrug*
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm trying to be positive these days.

But these ? ...
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out how you have no car and no home, and on food stamps in a matter of a few months if their daughter has insurance. Not saying that he shouldn't pay support, he should but something don't sound right...

Shouldn't he have custody seeing as she making it seem she can't take care of her
  • tjohunkin
    tjohunkin Members Posts: 170
    Options
    why this ? aint making her own income?
  • S2J
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

Shouldn't he have custody seeing as she making it seem she can't take care of her
    tjohunkin wrote: »
    why this ? aint making her own income?

All good queations.

He probably cant have custody bc he travels as a player

As far as the rest...exactly. BUT, thats why it all boils down to watch who you get with. Gotta be equally yoked, and these dudes dont get that. Child support is in theory meant to be half the burden, not literally keeping lights on and a roof over their head
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

Not necessarily, if the reason she is not working is because she's taking care of her ill daughter full time. He can't be there full time because of his job.