DL Hughley on the Mike Brown verdict

Options
BoogaSuga
BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
Just a minute ago I was listening to DL on the radio and he brought up a good point.

He says the last time he saw this type of riots and protesting was the Rodney King verdict.

He points out that the Republican President at that time (George Bush Sr) who had no political motives to gain... Bush found the acquittal so egregious that he used his power as president to call for a Federal trial even though the officers were just acquitted.

This lead to some of the officers getting convicted on a federal level.

DL said "Im not telling the President what he can or should do. Im just saying what has happened in the past."

...C'mon Barack.

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man too much ? is going on...and it all starts with this ? ass government we have. We are up there with Mexico and Africa when it comes to corrupt governments
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is an ongoing federal investigation on Darren wilson let's see what the outcome will be with that.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Supposedly the DOJ is doing their own investigation although I expect fuckery
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, my vote for Dr. Jill Stein of the Green Party in 2012 was worth it after all....
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You fellas and gals need to realize he is the magical ? who does nothing. He is a prop and a way to diminish black power from the nation.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    what if i told u George dubya did more for blacks then Clinton??

but keep up the vote tho..

Bq69RiS.gif
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    B...b...b...but he cant just do that as the BLACK PRESIDENT.

...but he can help illegal immigrants become legal with the stroke of a pen.

And want us to help push a ? white man's agenda as today's modern day civil rights movement.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    There is an ongoing federal investigation on Darren wilson let's see what the outcome will be with that.
    Correct me if I'm wrong...but that post seemed rather....HOPEFUL. You dont still have Hope do you sir?

After all you've witnessed?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Ow now obama aint ?

Yall was fuckn crying when he got elected

Things change, u know how many hoes i dumped since OBama been elected?

Obama aint lived up to expectations, he needs to get dump
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Ow now obama aint ?

What expectations?
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Ow now obama aint ?

What expectations?

Hope & Change
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't appreciate the ? chastising the youth of Ferguson for getting violent with that cliché 'blacks need to be non violent' speech ? in front of a majority all white crowd in Chicago after the results of a judicial system which has failed us time and time again.

? scared to go to Ferguson and talk to them young people but he can get on a mic and chastise them from a far? If nothing comes from a Federal investigation just like what happened to Trayvon then nobody trynna hear that peace ? he talking while we getting met with violence.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or "well um, you know he ain't the president of just black ppl"
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or "well um, you know he ain't the president of just black ppl"

although I expect this being sarcasm it is true...
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I mean...the decision just happened like yesterday. I see some of yall are ridiculously quick to point the finger at Obama, but realistically at this point thats ridiculous. I mean...it just happened like yesterday. Not enough time to even consider any where near all the factors and come up with a good strategy. Is that hard to understand? Cant just knee ? your way through life.
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    I mean...the decision just happened like yesterday. I see some of yall are ridiculously quick to point the finger at Obama, but realistically at this point thats ridiculous. I mean...it just happened like yesterday. Not enough time to even consider any where near all the factors and come up with a good strategy. Is that hard to understand?

Bush reacted the day after the acquittal.

But we will see how the federal investigation goes
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    I mean...the decision just happened like yesterday. I see some of yall are ridiculously quick to point the finger at Obama, but realistically at this point thats ridiculous. I mean...it just happened like yesterday. Not enough time to even consider any where near all the factors and come up with a good strategy. Is that hard to understand?

Bush reacted the day after the acquittal.

But we will see how the federal investigation goes

Hmm. Yeah they two different types. Obama aint really the type to just fly with whatever without consideration. I was talking about some of the responses in here. Like lets be realistic. Also there is not an Attorney General in place right now. All factors to consider.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn thats ether. aint no way around it.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hahaha im pointin at all yall ? who voted for an african american. he aint even black like yall. yall was like jessie crying on t.v. old folks like i never thought i get to see a black president. correction, colored. cause for me if he would of got elected, herman cain would of been the first black president for me.