The sad reality of superstardom in 6 seconds

Options
dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
THE SAD REALITY OF SUPERSTARDOM IN 6 SECONDS

OneDirectionSelfie.jpg

We realise you’re probably not a One Direction fan but this is too good not to share.

The endless amount of camera phones thrust into the face of One Direction’s members by teenage fans hankering for a selfie appears to be too much for one of the singers to endure. One Direction’s Liam Payne appeared to be losing his will to carry on at last night’s ARIA awards in Sydney, Australia.

The brief clip from Vine perfectly encapsulates the malaise of modern celebrity in just a few short seconds. Payne moves methodically from camera to camera and forces a smile for each of his rabid fans, but it is the fleeting moments in between that are telling. The poor lad looks as though he’s about to end it all.

http://www.factmag.com/2014/11/27/the-sad-reality-of-superstardom-in-6-seconds/

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just like any career, there are the fun parts and then you have to actually work. Most musicians would do what they do as a hobby and perform at some hole in the wall for $60 on weekends. And sometimes for nothing at all. I've sat in at jam sessions that would break the billboards in IMO, but then they pack up and clock in somewhere the next day.

Point being, it seems to me that making the music is one thing. The being/staying famous is the where the work comes in. My first thought is that this Vine is showing that.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny.

His money will cheer him up tho