Marvel vs Capcom 3 [PS3/360 - 2011]

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in IllGaming
For those of you keeping score at home, here's a list of currently announced cast members.

Capcom
• Amaterasu
• Arthur
• Chris Redfield
• Chun-Li
• Dante
• Felicia
• Morrigan
• Ryu
• Spencer
• Trish
• Tron Bonne
• Viewtiful Joe
• Wesker

Marvel
• Captain America
• Deadpool
• Doctor Doom
• Dormammu
• Hulk
• Ironman
• Magneto
• MODOK
• Spider-man
• Super-Skrull
• Thor
• Wolverine
• X-23

Marvel character deconfirmations

• Blade
• Daredevil
• Dr. Strange
• Emma Frost
• Fantastic Four
• Gambit (verified through uStream)
• Ghost Rider
• Kingpin
• Mojo
• Loki
• Punisher
• Silver Surfer (verified through uStream)

Capcom character deconfirmations

• Amingo
• Demitri
• Gene (from ? Hand)
• Gill (from Street Fighter 3)
• Megaman X
• Nemesis
• Nero
• Phoenix Wright
• Ruby Heart
• Tyrant
• Vergil

Capcom franchise deconfirmations

Characters from these franchise will not be appearing in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

• Breath of Fire
• Darkstalkers (no additional characters beyond Felicia and Morrigan)
• Monster Hunter
• Sengoku BASARA

Questionable deconfirmations

It's not official that these characters/franchises won't be making an appearance, but it's very unlikely most of them will.

• Akuma
• Black Panther
• Cyclops
• Dan
• Ken
• Man Thing
• PTX-40
• SonSon
• Squirrel Girl
• Wayne (Lost Planet)

• More Devil May Cry cast members
• Power Stone cast members
• Rival Schools cast members
• Three Wonders cast members

500x_fournew.jpg

Capcom is bringing Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 to Comic-Con this week, and four new fighters are tagging along for the ride. Check out a new trailer featuring Chun-Li, Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull, and Devil May Cry's Trish!

Victors to the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con this weekend will be the first to get their hands on the four new additions to the roster of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.

Two of the characters we've fought with before, with Chun-Li being a Street Fighter staple and Doctor Doom appearing as an unlockable boss in the first Marvel Vs. Capcom game and a selectable character in the second.

Super-Skrull has appeared in video games before, but he's definitely new to the Marvel Vs. Capcom franchise. Harnessing the combined powers of the Fantastic Four, he should make for one incredibly interesting opponent.

And then there's Trish. Sexy, sexy Trish.

All four new characters will be playable on the show floor at Comic-Con.

Capcom also suggest fans line-up early for the Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 panel on Friday, where Marvel writer Frank Tieri will be talking about story and revealing a few new surprises.

Comments

• focus
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Based on the silhouette at 1:40 in the new trailer, Viewtiful Joe is in for Capcom. Plus Doom pulls off a "Viewful combo". That's all I can make out.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    looks dope,that was tight how deadpool broke the fourth wall in the end
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Doom Chun and Super Skrull been known for a while to be in since Marvel didnt wanna clear all 4 Fantastic Four members to be in they said use Superskrull so it can be a all 4 in one character,

Trish is a surprise though

Doom looks like he's the same as MVC2 Doom, Super Skrull looks pretty fun to play with, Chun is the same as TVC Chun
  • focus
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Super Skrull looks nice! And it was a good idea to include him instead of taking up 4 spots for the Fantastic Four.

Trish and Chun-Li look good, although Chun is still not back to her Street Fighter III: Third Strike all-time greatness.

Looks like they made a lot of improvements to Doom.
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    looks dope,that was tight how deadpool broke the fourth wall in the end

His lvl 3 super he grabs his life bar and hits you with it lol
  • focus
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And another new trailer. Half cinematic/half gameplay
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    And another new trailer. Half cinematic/half gameplay

damn looks dope,Dormammu is confirmed too

Ryu Shin Shoryuken looks good not as good as the SSF4 version though
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Wow, there really is no one ? with Capcom when it comes to fighting games.
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LOL

I was just wondering when they were going to add Chun-Li to the game yesterday.

And Super-Skrull? I see they're serious about actually having a story this time around...
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Shyheim wrote: »
    LOL

I was just wondering when they were going to add Chun-Li to the game yesterday.

And Super-Skrull? I see they're serious about actually having a story this time around...

Chun Li was confirmed a while back she was in the pic, her body aint that hard to make out
    SuperSkrull is in because Marvel didnt clear the fantastic four, they said use SS instead because he's basically all 4 in 1
  • Shyheim
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Chun Li was confirmed a while back she was in the pic, her body aint that hard to make out
    SuperSkrull is in because Marvel didnt clear the fantastic four, they said use SS instead because he's basically all 4 in 1

Oh ok. I didn't really pay attention to the pic when it came out, but I (And the rest of the world) knew she was gonna be in the game.

And Marvel still being b!tches about licensing? They need to get off the bullsh!t--You see there was no problem w/having the FF be in Activision's Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games, as well as their own half-sh!tty games...
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Shyheim wrote: »
    Oh ok. I didn't really pay attention to the pic when it came out, but I (And the rest of the world) knew she was gonna be in the game.

And Marvel still being b!tches about licensing? They need to get off the bullsh!t--You see there was no problem w/having the FF be in Activision's Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games, as well as their own half-sh!tty games...

I read on eventhubs they want to get characters that will be in movies in the upcoming future shine, thats the main reason deadpool was added, he has a movie coming up in the next year or two

Thats why I think Thor will be playable

Capcom usually goes off fan favorites, but alot of their choices are pretty stupid, NOBODY wants to play with Felecia or Demitri/Donovan/Jon Talbain/Jedah

And Im still surprised Megaman X aint been in a VS game yet, I hope he make it in but I think they'll be lazy and use the 1 from Megaman Legends since he was already in TVC
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I read on eventhubs they want to get characters that will be in movies in the upcoming future shine, thats the main reason deadpool was added, he has a movie coming up in the next year or two

Capcom usually goes off fan favorites, but alot of their choices are pretty stupid, NOBODY wants to play with Felecia or Demitri/Donovan/Jon Talbain/Jedah

And Im still surprised Megaman X aint been in a VS game yet, I hope he make it in but I think they'll be lazy and use the 1 from Megaman Legends since he was already in TVC

Whats wrong with these character? I'll play as them
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Whats wrong with these character? I'll play as them

I meant to say nobody wants to play with Felecia over them, its a wasted character slot
  • Shyheim
    edited July 2010
    Options

...I can see that (LOL@Marvel being like 'The FF had their little run--? 'em'), but not all the Marvel characters have movies coming up. And yeah, Thor'll prolly be added, too.
    wrote:

...That's true--The world won't end if any Darkstalkers character besides Morrigan isn't included. Felicia prolly isn't even popular in Tournaments.
    wrote:

...Me too. And I hated him in TvC--Zero was better to me...
  • stoneface
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I meant to say nobody wants to play with Felecia over them, its a wasted character slot

Oh, for whatever reason she's MAD popular in Japan out of everyone I hear. Did anyone else notice the dope background?
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • stoneface
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • focus
    edited July 2010
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    They got pics of Thor and Ameratsu from Okami here: http://www.ironstarmovement.com/profiles/blogs/new-marvel-vs-capcom-3

Yea, there on Marvel's site too. ? official.

thor-and-amaterasu-join-marvel-vs-capcom-3-cast-20100721110611841.jpg

thor-and-amaterasu-join-marvel-vs-capcom-3-cast-20100721110611044.jpg

thor-and-amaterasu-join-marvel-vs-capcom-3-cast-20100721110610013.jpg

thor-and-amaterasu-join-marvel-vs-capcom-3-cast-20100721110609482.jpg
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yea, there on Marvel's site too. ? official.

thor-and-amaterasu-join-marvel-vs-capcom-3-cast-20100721110611841.jpg

thor-and-amaterasu-join-marvel-vs-capcom-3-cast-20100721110611044.jpg

thor-and-amaterasu-join-marvel-vs-capcom-3-cast-20100721110610013.jpg

thor-and-amaterasu-join-marvel-vs-capcom-3-cast-20100721110609482.jpg

A damn dog, wtf
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol like I said Thor is in, I kinda knew Ameretsu would be in since the TVC boss that big ball from Okami, I wonder if they'll put the paintbrush into one of her supers
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Emma Frost, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Phoenix Wright, Gene deconfirmed.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8429873

They said it throughout the video, hinted at Strider making it in for Capcom side
  • focus
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Emma Frost, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Phoenix Wright, Gene deconfirmed.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8429873

They said it throughout the video, hinted at Strider making it in for Capcom side

If Emma Frost is out then Jean Grey/Phoenix better be in!

I don't care about Punisher, Ghost Rider, or Daredevil.

I think Phoenix Wright and Gene should've been in
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If Emma Frost is out then Jean Grey/Phoenix better be in!

I don't care about Punisher, Ghost Rider, or Daredevil.

I think Phoenix Wright and Gene should've been in

They said something about Jean Grey but they just dodged the question, Viewtiful Joe and Frank West is confirmed too

I dont like how they using so many Tastunoko vs Capcom characters, I hope megaman X make it in over Zero/Megaman Legends
  • focus
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My guess is it will Mega Man Legends. He was in Tatsunoko vs Capcom and there has been a Mega Man Legends stage already shown for MvC3.

They said a little while ago that Amingo (the catus) was out too. I know he is hated on, but I thought he was a good fighter. I wont really miss him though.