smh i kno the movie probably gonna be disappointing
    but im always excited for a new terminator movie
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    smh i kno the movie probably gonna be disappointing
    but im always excited for a new terminator movie

the franchises that have been embedded with me since childhood, like this one, i'll always peep for despite the cynic in me knowing it probably won't be very good.

the geek in me see's lee byung ? as a T-1000 and it's like some weird fantasy come true.

the way its biting t-2 (from the looks of the trailer) looks stupid and unnecessary.they're really going all out to ? the previous timeline up.

• Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok, when they show sarah, where in the timeline is it? is she pregnant? wait, how could she be? but she gotta be if she knew that john's father was coming. but wait, if he didnt come yet, how could she be pregnant? so did part 1 happen or is the timeline changed and its part 2? but where is the little boy?

see, the nerd in me is confused. gotta watched the movie. that last terminator movie surprised me. it was good. i couldnt get into t3 and i watched it at work when i was a security guard.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah i'm confused how this fits into the timeline not unless something happens in this movie that makes an alternate timeline from the previous movies. if that's the case then its understandable
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    to me, it seems as if Skynet sent Terminators of various models back in time to ? Sarah Conner as a child, teenager, and adult, and with each unsuccessful attempt, kept sending Terminators back until the job gets done. That's why she said in the trailer, "we already took care of him", because what we know as the Terminator timeline has already happened before. Check the scene where the T-800 is carrying the little girl. That model must have been sent back in time by the Resistance, and trained and taught Sarah everything she needed to know to survive. Just the guy she's riding with had no idea that model T-800 was still functioning because the future wasn't changed.

It's a cycle until Skynet achieves its goal, ? Sarah Conner before John Conner is born. Just this go around, Skynet is going further back in time to stop the birth of John Conner by going after an adolescent Sarah Conner. Get her at her most vulnerable, at an attempt to fool the Resistance to thinking it's only going after Sarah in 1984, when it may go after her in the 70s or even earlier.

I'm pretty sure this is the current movie's storyline. The Arnold T-800 knows when and where each new Terminator will come from the future, because he's been programmed with those coordinates by The Resistance. So each time one arrives to ? Sarah, he's waiting for it, and a battle for survival ensues.

As for the 84 film, and Sarah knowing nothing about the Terminators will have to be explained, unless something was altered in this film or some other forthcoming sequel to wipe her memory and the past events.

The war against the machines is going to happen, there's no stopping it, but when it starts could change. And from the looks of this one, Skynet is attempting to start the war sooner than the timeline we're all used to.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a horrible story line if true.All that ended in T2 anyway and these sequels ruined the plot.Then John shut down SkyNet int he future so how the hell are robots still being sent lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    idk its like the child in me wants to watch this cause its the ? Terminator but the adult me knows this ? gonna be trash cause its the Terminator 30yrs later
  • jee504
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    to me, it seems as if Skynet sent Terminators of various models back in time to ? Sarah Conner as a child, teenager, and adult, and with each unsuccessful attempt, kept sending Terminators back until the job gets done. That's why she said in the trailer, "we already took care of him", because what we know as the Terminator timeline has already happened before. Check the scene where the T-800 is carrying the little girl. That model must have been sent back in time by the Resistance, and trained and taught Sarah everything she needed to know to survive. Just the guy she's riding with had no idea that model T-800 was still functioning because the future wasn't changed.

It's a cycle until Skynet achieves its goal, ? Sarah Conner before John Conner is born. Just this go around, Skynet is going further back in time to stop the birth of John Conner by going after an adolescent Sarah Conner. Get her at her most vulnerable, at an attempt to fool the Resistance to thinking it's only going after Sarah in 1984, when it may go after her in the 70s or even earlier.

I'm pretty sure this is the current movie's storyline. The Arnold T-800 knows when and where each new Terminator will come from the future, because he's been programmed with those coordinates by The Resistance. So each time one arrives to ? Sarah, he's waiting for it, and a battle for survival ensues.

As for the 84 film, and Sarah knowing nothing about the Terminators will have to be explained, unless something was altered in this film or some other forthcoming sequel to wipe her memory and the past events.

The war against the machines is going to happen, there's no stopping it, but when it starts could change. And from the looks of this one, Skynet is attempting to start the war sooner than the timeline we're all used to.

That would make sense. So essentially this movie can be a sequel to Salvation but once you go back in time you create a new story line and the previous movies never happen.
    I'm gonna have to watch the movie though because this cast didn't grab me from the trailer. I was looking for a bad ass Sarah Conner.

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a horrible story line if true.All that ended in T2 anyway and these sequels ruined the plot.Then John shut down SkyNet int he future so how the hell are robots still being sent lol

My take on Skynet is that from Salvation, destroying that one Central HQ wasn't deactivating Skynet; Skynet is basically the entire planet Earth. It became a global virus infecting all linked computer systems, so Skynet is not in one central location.

Skynet has the ability to turn factories into Terminator plants and build anything it needs to fight humans. There is no way of stopping Skynet unless there is a way deprive the entire planet of electricity.
  • jee504
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »

My take on Skynet is that from Salvation, destroying that one Central HQ wasn't deactivating Skynet; Skynet is basically the entire planet Earth. It became a global virus infecting all linked computer systems, so Skynet is not in one central location.

Skynet has the ability to turn factories into Terminator plants and build anything it needs to fight humans. There is no way of stopping Skynet unless there is a way deprive the entire planet of electricity.

I felt the same way when Bale said at the end that this battle was won but the war was far from over.

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ debating this film's place in the timeline, like said timeline hasn't been a complete trainwreck for a decade now
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the machines ever succeeded in killing every human on the planet I wonder what they'd do next.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it looks like this may be a good film. If i'm not mistaken, Sarah says in the trailer that the timeline changed after T2 or T3, so she already knew how the future plays out as well as Kyle coming to save her.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why , but i suppose they can't get any worse than mcG

Terminator Salvation was good.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When your timeline is playing with time you tend to have tese issues.

It's all scifi anyway, Skynet going further back In time makes sense. Soon they will be attacking Jon Connor's grandmama or his great-grandma in order to change time.