It Just Hit Me : The Clive Bundy and the Eric Garner Case Were EXTREMELY Parallel

Options
Stiff
Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
Think about it:

Eric Garner was initially accosted by the police for "selling untaxed loose cigarettes"

Clive Bundy was at odds with the Federal government for refusing to pay grazing fees to the government for letting his cattle graze on government land - you could say a form of taxes

But the outcomes were very different

Police wanted to arrest Garner, he didn't comply immediately but wasn't a threat to any of the officers..he ended up dead within minutes

Bundy didn't comply with the government's fees and refused to remove his cattle from their land. Federal agents went to confiscate the cattle that was grazing on their land, and an armed militia held them at bay when a tense standoff occured..eventually the feds said "? it, you can use the land"

Conservatives hailed Bundy as a national hero (until of course he revealed himself as an overt racist instead of a covert racist which is en vogue now). The same conservatives now say "when you resist police, things can happen. Eric garner should have immediately complied."

What am I missing here? The hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know this is the white man's land a descendant of a slave doesn't have the same rights as a rich conservative white mab possess even if he is doing an incredible illegal thing.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Conservatives hailed Bundy as a national hero (until of course he revealed himself as an overt racist instead of a covert racist which is en vogue now). The same conservatives now say "when you resist police, things can happen. Eric garner should have immediately complied."
    wait, i thought Garner's case had even conservatives saying "this was a bit much"