Love

Options
blacktux
blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
This morning i just want everyone to reflect on their first love.

Before we ever "fell in love" with a person, there was something that opened a window into ourselves and allowed us to see into that. Allowed us to feel important, competitive, significant, or able despite all the pressures of life.
For some its music, others its sports. What brings you nostalgia, what brings you back to innocent childhood and true bliss?

Mine is gaming. Lets talk.

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe it take years before you can actually love person.

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His smell intoxicated me. where I would long to be near him for a brief moment. I know it's cliché, but I was ? in love with his essence, personality, and smile.

Oh! His smile can light up a whole room. How beautiful his soul beams from within...with just a smile.

Not many things or people interest me, but got me in awe.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Certain Hiphop/Funk songs and playing ball brings me nostalgia.

I used to be the ? who brought the big ass boombox to the court lol The pool was right next to it, so all the honeys would come to the court when they were done =P~ The good ole days.............

I remember playing this album for weeks straight at the court one summer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nEeNoq-bLA
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly mine was bud....? made me feel good and not pay attention to the negatives in life....I never been a people person but it allowed me to be more sociable...I was able to focus more in school....I thought it was the greatest ? in the world lol
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reggae/Soccer/Women...Weed in my teens revealed me to myself.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listening to US hiphop in Senegal made me realize that i was a free being spiritualy culturally wise. I realized that knowledge is universal.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This morning i just want everyone to reflect on their first love.

Before we ever "fell in love" with a person, there was something that opened a window into ourselves and allowed us to see into that. Allowed us to feel important, competitive, significant, or able despite all the pressures of life.
    For some its music, others its sports. What brings you nostalgia, what brings you back to innocent childhood and true bliss?

Mine is gaming. Lets talk.

stanley-hudson-reaction.gif
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My first love? Writing screenplay dialogue. Like a ? weirdo rapper haha. Then I hit puberty and said 'man ? character development and slowly revealing plot points through conversation, where day hoes"
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Basketball saved my life, kept me out the streets early.
  • Purr
    Options
    Reading.

@masteralfrank join our book club!!
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Noir wrote: »
    Reading.

@Noir Idk what "jack strong" is about, it sounds like some magic mike garbage.
  • Purr
    Options
    Reading.

@Noir Idk what "jack strong" is about, it sounds like some magic mike garbage.

@masteralfrank I put the synopsis in the thread boo
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His smell intoxicated me. where I would long to be near him for a brief moment. I know it's cliché, but I was ? in love with his essence, personality, and smile.

Oh! His smile can light up a whole room. How beautiful his soul beams from within...with just a smile.

Not many things or people interest me, but got me in awe.

Lamb chop, ? . But I digress. I dated my first love at 13. She broke up with me after 3 weeks. I'm good, but she ain't ? though.
  • Strokenoff
    Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mines was def. Bball,..the sounds of the court. the ball bouncing, sneakers screeching, practicing and getting better at ya skills. My defense was Gary Payton status, handles was aight and jumper was wet.

Me and my friends lived for the NBA, trading cards, watching the playoffs at the boys and girls club. Going from park to park till we find people tryna get a run.

Cutting the bottom out of a milk crate and nailing it to the power pole. Wasn't no back board so u had to know how to shoot to be able to score.

32...telling a ? that score don't count cause he ain't check ball

21...ain't not feeling better than hitting that far away 1 point shot when u got twenty. ? be boxing out, looking to fee, then swish. Cause u far away you able to see every last one of their souls exit their body when that ? it. And don't let that ? bank, and hit rim...? die in midair thinking they got the ree
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reading and Football(soccer)

With reading I could get lost in my own world. Just find a quiet spot to myself and I could be in the jungle, space, or riding out on a ? ass sentinel with Gambit & Wolverine.

With football(soccer) twas about the camaraderie as well as developing your skills and learning new tricks. I used to miss class because I was in a heated game during lunch period and a winner had to b decided.

Both loves came back and helped in my later years during my travels. Reading about other countries culture, geography and language helped navigate through international lands a lot smoother than my then colleagues.

And being adept in football(it being the most popular sport in el mundo) had me communicating in a sort of language similar to music where a common tongue wasn't required just a genuine love and respect for what it takes to be a good player in the beautiful game.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soccer my dad played professionally and had me kicking soccer ? before I could walk I was one of the best too...should ve kept playing
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ all the reading comments....like i've read a few good books but its never been like "man this ? is the shiiit!!!...ima read one more chapter and save the rest for in the morning......? it two more, two more"

? be at barnes and noble on lunch and ? lol....no hate just a funny first love

i had aaallll the goosebumps as a kid tho....camp jellyjam still got me shook
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    DTF wrote: »
    Mines was def. Bball,..the sounds of the court. the ball bouncing, sneakers screeching, practicing and getting better at ya skills. My defense was Gary Payton status, handles was aight and jumper was wet.

Me and my friends lived for the NBA, trading cards, watching the playoffs at the boys and girls club. Going from park to park till we find people tryna get a run.

Cutting the bottom out of a milk crate and nailing it to the power pole. Wasn't no back board so u had to know how to shoot to be able to score.

32...telling a ? that score don't count cause he ain't check ball

21...ain't not feeling better than hitting that far away 1 point shot when u got twenty. ? be boxing out, looking to fee, then swish. Cause u far away you able to see every last one of their souls exit their body when that ? it. And don't let that ? bank, and hit rim...? die in midair thinking they got the ree

@DTF‌
    ? used to be about to square up on that bust argument, ? I called no bust at the beginning of the game, ? ain't nobody hear that ? . The ether be so strong when you got 18 and forget and hit a 2. Everytime I had to go back to 13 i'd still win though. Oh and don't let ? be playin straight up, that seperate the men from the boys haha. You try to go back up with that ball with all them people around every part of ya body gettin hit and you better not say ? . Ain't no fouls in 21 ? . Take that soft ? to the tether ball court.

@HafBayked‌
    Man, it took me to be an adult to understand "Stay out of the basement" was about growin weed, that ? ? me up because it was my favorite one as a kid.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reading, Gaming, football