Oil Spill in China.

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Social Lounge
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/China-oil-spill-grows-official-warns-evere-threat/ss/events/wl/071910chinaoil#photoViewer=/100720/481/urn_publicid_ap_org1c8893a6b5da47d3875078b4776b87a1

Images inside.

DALIAN, China, July 20 (UPI) -- Chinese officials said the port of Dalian was operating normally for the most part Tuesday in the aftermath of an oil
pipeline explosion.

Dalian Port Co. said in a written statement that the shipping operations that had been suspended were getting back to normal, except in the area around the terminal where crude oil is unloaded.

Dalian, located in northeastern China, is China's largest crude-receiving port.

Repairs were under way at the crude terminal, and the company said handling and storage of chemicals and refined oil products such as gasoline were not affected.

An explosion in an oil pipeline last Friday ignited fires in harbor-side storage tanks and caused a significant spill of oil into the busy harbor. The Xinhua news agency said Tuesday that cleanup crews were tackling a major oil slick; however, smoke was still coming from the tank area.

The Ministry of Transportation said an unnamed "catalyst" had been added to a storage tank, triggering an explosion that spilled 1,500 tons of crude oil into the harbor.

About 260 tons of the crude oil had been recovered by an armada that included about 500 local fishing boats, The China Daily reported.

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    chop sticks!!!! lol
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    snooze.gif................
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It's a wrap, folks!!! LOL Say good by to this way of life because revelations is fulfilling prophecy!
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    It's a wrap, folks!!! LOL Say good by to this way of life because revelations is fulfilling prophecy!

I don't think too many of us would mind leaving the way of life we currently are surrounded with.
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Mother earth bout to rain HELL on all YOU!!
    ? aint right.. its a shame for real...
  • Chike
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't think too many of us would mind leaving the way of life we currently are surrounded with.

More people than you think would probably commit suicide if they couldn't get their morning coffee at starbucks.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    More people than you think would probably commit suicide if they couldn't get their morning coffee at starbucks.

By us I ment people like you and I. Although we don't agree on the specifics what needs to be done or racial issues, we both agree that we should treat mother nature better and stop polluting her natural self with unnatural things.

But I think it would be better for the rest to go ahead and commit that, save Earth all the extra work.
  • Chike
    edited July 2010
    Options
    By us I ment people like you and I. Although we don't agree on the specifics what needs to be done or racial issues, we both agree that we should treat mother nature better and stop polluting her natural self with natural things.

But I think it would be better for the rest to go ahead and commit that, save Earth all the extra work.

Yea, I'm definitely not worried. I welcome it with open arms lol
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Um... what goes around... that goes for New Orleans too

ogoni9_shell_guilty_250px.jpg