Options
    Deadlifted 235 for 1 x 5 the other day

felt great when i got that last one up
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Think i finally found my Cruising speed on the treadmill. Able to run for a long time without getting exhausted or out of breath and still keep my heart rate above 140. Did 2.25 miles without walking and could have done more, but i had to go home and get ready for work lmao.

For those who do cardio at the gym, what machines do you use? i've heard its a good idea to change up your cardio machine every few months and ive been doing strictly treadmill for maybe 5 months now, been thinking about doing the bike next cardio day

Stair master unless its leg day then I'll hit the treadmill to dissapate the lactic acid build up.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    I do treadmill and bike. Usually treadmill with an incline and do H.I.T for about 20 minutes. I use to do stair master a lot. But now the main switch up is instead of 20 minutes in the beginning of the routine I'll do it at the end.

The most
    wmj710 wrote: »
    Think i finally found my Cruising speed on the treadmill. Able to run for a long time without getting exhausted or out of breath and still keep my heart rate above 140. Did 2.25 miles without walking and could have done more, but i had to go home and get ready for work lmao.

For those who do cardio at the gym, what machines do you use? i've heard its a good idea to change up your cardio machine every few months and ive been doing strictly treadmill for maybe 5 months now, been thinking about doing the bike next cardio day

Stair master unless its leg day then I'll hit the treadmill to dissapate the lactic acid build up.

Do you guys do Cardio before or after lifting? I usually just do a mile to warm/wake up before i lift, but unsure if there is a benefit to doing before or after.
  • wmj710
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    I do treadmill and bike. Usually treadmill with an incline and do H.I.T for about 20 minutes. I use to do stair master a lot. But now the main switch up is instead of 20 minutes in the beginning of the routine I'll do it at the end.

The most
    wmj710 wrote: »

Do you guys do Cardio before or after lifting? I usually just do a mile to warm/wake up before i lift, but unsure if there is a benefit to doing before or after.
    I usually do a 10 or 20 minute warm up circut to start, then hit a machine after my workout
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Delete Comment
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've been thinking about swallowing raw eggs for testosterone and protein. does anybody else do this? what are the benefits besides giving my hair a shiny coat(jk).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do kettlebell + running / hanging scissors after weight lifting.
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been thinking about swallowing raw eggs for testosterone and protein. does anybody else do this? what are the benefits besides giving my hair a shiny coat(jk).

You know there's safer alternatives right? lol
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gym day

on deck

working sets:

215lbs squat 3x5

165lbs bench 3x5

265lbs deadlift 1x5
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want to activate your test glands then you should ge doing heavy leg exercises.

Raw unpasteurized eggs is a crapshoot.

Literally.

test glands? wtf is that?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Testosterone Glands. The glands you should have that secrete testosterone into the body
  • wmj710
    Options

Cutting out or at least limiting sugar/fructose, eating healthy saturated fats and upping your zinc and vitamin-D intake. Also high-intensity exercises and strength training, with shorter rest periods, can also help at boost testosterone levels. Oh yeah don't forget to get more rest.
  • AP21
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    gym day

on deck

working sets:

215lbs squat 3x5

165lbs bench 3x5

265lbs deadlift 1x5

did everything but the deadlift

i had a scrimmage earlier in the evening. I think i was just tapped out by the time i got to DL

ugh
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So, part of my back workout has me doing deadlifts as follows:

130 lbs 2x8

180 lbs 2x8

220 lbs 2x8

250 1x8

Is that good or bad?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • AP21
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    So, part of back workout has me doing deadlift as follows:

130 lbs 2x8

180 lbs 2x8

220 lbs 2x8

250 1x8

Is that good or bad?

mister B, look into starting strength...thats the program i've been doing

5 reps is perfect imo as you start to get heavier in your lifts. Anything over 5, your body takes longer to recover in between sets.

I assume the 250x8 is your working set with the others being warmup sets
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Upping my training to Six Days a Week, I will be 41 in a few months, and for Men in regards to strength, 40's is where Man reach their peak in strength, Man strength starts to decline around the age 48
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    Upping my training to Six Days a Week, I will be 41 in a few months, and for Men in regards to strength, 40's is where Man reach their peak in strength, Man strength starts to decline around the age 48

How are the “supplements” going?
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

How are the “supplements” going?

Lots of Recovery Supplements since I'm getting older now. Lots of BCAA'S, Glutamine, Intra Workout, ZMA and Carb powder, and I'm shooting up Test.

Because I used to Power Lift and train real heavy my body takes time to recover, and if I still want to go heavy and hard, Recovery is a must.

Now I mix in Body Building, lot of Mind Muscle Connection, concentrating on the pump and burn, I still go heavy on the basic compounds. Squats, Dead Lift, Bench Press, Barbell Curls and Standing Over Head Press
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally joined the gym and I should have done it sooner, now I can hit my back a lot more and really get much stronger, also trying to have smaller more regular meals, next summer I will be buff as ? !
  • Preach2Teach
    Options

Age is just a number look at Sylvester Stallone or Jackie Chan for example.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

sly looks like ? though
  • Preach2Teach
    edited November 2017
    Options

sly looks like ? though

He is 70 now he was looking good at 50 - 60.