What Video Game Company Do You Hate The Most?

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Publisher or Developer it doesn't matter. From EA to Capcom to Sony and MS. The decisions these companies makes is just flat out f-cked up concerning what's good for gamers.

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDK I dont really hate or follow their activities that much to hate any of them

I guess Activision or EA for the money grabbing
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    square enix they used to be great now they suck.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Activision, Ea and Sega. Sega is mostly for casualizing the Total War franchise and making CA cut ? just for money
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Capcom for ? over the blue bomber....
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think a games cost should be deducted from how much dlc they plan to sell, especially if its just cut content. A video game ends up becoming a damn $100+ investment with some of these games.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole industry is getting stale but I still can't get over EA and the NFL for that matter how they messed stuff up with the Madden exclusive license, then not making MVP Baseball now that they can and should because Live is a lost cause in comparison to 2K.
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EA. ive had beef with them since the 90s when they jacked the bond franchise from RARE after golden eye was a hit

they've been fuccin up ever since

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Electronic Arts for killing off EA Big, the blatant yearly cash-ins, shameless money grabbing tactics, destroying some of my favourite studios like Criterion Games and their own brand of mundane, bland ? .

Capcom for not bringing Monster Hunter to the Vita like everyone expected them to.

Sony for past arrogance and destroying some of my favourite studios like Psygnosis.

Microsoft for the arrogance leading up to the Xbox One launch.

Square-Enix for running Final Fantasy into the ground.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Either Ubisoft for their ? or Nintendo for their Michael Jordan tactics.
    It's not ok to release broken games and it's not ok for Nintendo to release stuff in limited quantities that they know people want. (Smash Bros gamecube adapter)
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    square enix they used to be great now they suck.

This.

I got a love hate relationship with Square Enix.

much prefer when they were Squaresoft.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    old school and im gonna say accolade for ruining one of my favorite 16 bit mascots and making this abortion

Bubsy_3D.png

• ferociousmonk
    ferociousmonk Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Options
    EA... For alot of their decisions
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EA - They don't know ? about boxing or ufc and they messed both of the games up
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really not sure how somebody could hate Square Enix unless they are unaware of just how many good games they make outside of the FF series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_Enix_video_games
  • pinero24
    pinero24 Members Posts: 5
    Options
    i dont totally dislike EA because i love battlefield and titanfall but they also ? me off with how they took the nfl license from 2k and sony how ? the nhl games have gotten and how terrible medal of honor has become, truthfully i dislike nintendo they ruined all of my childhood games from mario to metroid i never liked zelda but they seem to put out a new zelda every year eff them
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EA -- they ? up EA Big, as a long time NCAA and Madden player.....some things they have never fixed such as taking down Franchise mode in Madden (Connected Career is not Franchise, I want fully hands on, franchise with GM mode).....Madden and NCAA still suffers from robo-LB, LB jumps so high, you need virtual steroids testing on the games

EA also messed up NHL....the "pull goalie" bug is very annoying. Ditto for no more MVP Baseball....MVP 2005 Baseball is still regarded as one of the best if not the BEST ever baseball game ever made ..it was originally on the PS2, but I got the PC game version on my laptop, but they had a chance to keep that series going.

EA Big ---had a sweet thing going with NBA Street....it would had still been relevant today.

And last but not least, EA really ? up the game with Online Passes....they did that to combat the "used games" crowd, which didn't really fly.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.D.B wrote: »
    EA Big ---had a sweet thing going with NBA Street....it would had still been relevant today.

Cosign! EA Big knocked out some brilliant games: the SSX series, the NBA Street series, etc. NFL Street got me interested in American Football and helped me understand the basics of the game. That studio had such a good run and then they decided to just pull the plug on it... just utterly frustrating.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Capcom & EA

Capcom because I don't understand how this company continues to remain in business outside the success of the Resident Evil & Street Fighter series respectively. I was never a big SF fan to begin with as they just come out with one edition of the game charge $60+ and then about a year & half later they come out with Super SF & then 2 year later come out with Ultra SF charge $40 for both plus charge $8-15 for DLC on each version of the game. This is why I refuse to buy any editions of Street Fighter or MvC.

I can tolerate the RE series much better (with exception to 6) as they put in work on the games but even now those games are slowing moving away from the horror element that made it what it was. Outside of these 2 franchises, capcom doesn't really make very good games.

EA, I seriously hate because they have made a mockery out of making sports games which is what they built the company name on in the early days with the old Celtics vs Lakers/Bulls vs Blazers and NBA Live games. Also, the success with the early Madden games well. I don't see how you let your basketball franchise fall so far down the drain that the competition came through and "crushed the buildings" to the point that no one is anticipating the release of your basketball franchise.

The only reason that EA sports is capable of staying afloat with Madden is because they let ? get so bad with Live that they had to get an exclusive deal with the NFL to be the only ones to make football games because if they didn't I'm sure 2k would have their hands in the cookie jar to make football games as well and probably would have taken over that genre as well. I hate that the NFL made an exclusive deal with EA because it just allows EA to present the same game to consumers every summer.

• willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EA - They don't know ? about boxing or ufc and they messed both of the games up

I think Fight Night 4 & Champion were very good games I just think with the state that boxing is in there's really nothing else they can do with the series. I mean all the marque names are either retired or too old. In the long run, all they were going to end up doing is recycling the same names.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Speaking on EA Big, anyone remembers this ? ????
    boxshot_uk_large.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8xT-D0jg_s
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Activision for ending the studios behind Hulk Ultimate Destruction and Prototype series.
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Capcom for ? over the Mega Man franchise

Square Enix for lack of attention to their other series and ruining the final fantasy franchise starting with Final Fantasy 11

The companies I have respect for now are Nintendo and Bandai-Namco...At least they stay in their lane and are aware that they have to focus their attention to the series they have in their libraries