Now that the Season Is Over 4 Most of Us How Can Your Team Improve? (NFL)

Options

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    JETS

Offense:
    Jameis n Mariotta going 1 n 2 to TB n Tenn, we pickin 6th so we outta luck. Smh
    WR: draft Amari Cooper or Parker outta Louisville. Holla at the jags, see what they want for Justin Blackmon.
    OL: draft/upgrade at both guard spots.
    RB: Cut both Bilal Powel n CJ?K. Draft Melvin Gordon outta wisconson, and/or Josh Robinson outta Miss St
    QB: sign a vet, maybe Hoyer or Mallet. Cut Geno, please.
    Restructure Percy for less money, maybe with a nice signing bonus. Dude has too much talent to just let him walk.
    Fire Marty Morningwigg, please

Defense:
    OLB: Throw a huge contract at Jason Pierre Paul. Sell him on stayin in nyc, jus changing teams.
    MLB: time to move on from David Harris. Build around young Demario Davis n draft a young MLB
    Secondary: Fix this unit for ? sake!!! Can Dee stay healthy? Coach up Calvin Pryor. Was Dexter Mcdougle worth a 3rd pick n can he start week 1 opposite Dee? Sign a free agent CB and saftey to add depth.
    Pay Muhammad Wilkerson his money

New GM, who has to able to evaluate talent.
    New Head Coach, Todd Boyles.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ^^^^Cut Bilal, really?

Seems like he was doing ? with Ivory. Cut Chris Johnson, yeah, but Powell should stay.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My squad already improved by dumping the GM, Head Coach, OC.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Dolphins

A run stuffer in the middle. Randy Starks wasn't effective and we take a minor cap hit cutting him after this season.
    Linebackers.
    CB....Grimes is 32 and apparently Jamar Taylor and Will Davis haven't inspired within the staff that they can take the other spot seeing as Finnegan was ineffective and is probably retiring.
    A free safety opposite Reshad Jones.
    A running back to pair with Lamar Miller
    Offensive guards is a priority. The interior of our line was a weakness
    Maybe wide receiver since Wallace might be cut after quitting on the team and Hartline or Gibson could be cut.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    ^^^^Cut Bilal, really?

Seems like he was doing ? with Ivory. Cut Chris Johnson, yeah, but Powell should stay.

smh! Powel makes zero impact on the field.
  • tha fury
    tha fury Members Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chiefs:

Wide ? receiver.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tha fury wrote: »
    Chiefs:

Wide ? receiver.

More like QB
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would like to see Dallas draft a QB to develop and get play makers on defense. Lee should be back next year which would improve us. I would like to see us get a pass rusher.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Would like to see Dallas draft a QB to develop and get play makers on defense. Lee should be back next year which would improve us. I would like to see us get a pass rusher.

As good as he is, @ this point you/they can't really rely on Sean to be healthy.....

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Titans:

- First and foremost. fire ruston webster the gm. he is the sole person that is responsible for the mess we're in. his drafts have been ? . he's overpaid for players who produced little to nothing (chris johnson, levitre) and has let go players who went to produce elsewhere (ayers, verner). he also doesnt know how to evaluate talent to save his life and has invested millions into fixing the o-line but it still looks like ? .

- I heard he was the primary reason for whisenhunt coming here too. but honestly if he decided to leave as well, i say dont let the door hit his ass on the way out. a very telling stat. in his last 28 games he's gone 3-25. now i understand this is his first season and he may need time. but his dubious challenges and playcalling has me questioning if he's even that good. he took a munchak-led team and made them look even worse. tommy smith publicly stated that he's tired of losing and wants to see change, yet is content with keeping both webster and whisenhunt. put the kripsy kreme doughnut down you fat ? . they're a major part of the problem right now

- Now onto what i believe we can do to fix this. even though i have little to no faith this will play out this way if webster is still in charge. but if there is any glimmer of hope entering in the draft its that we have the #2 draft spot. which is a spot we havent had in the longest due to us always basking in the depths of mediocrity which in turn lands us with a middle-of-the-road draft pick. year in and out. with such a high pick, we now have the flexibility of trading down or the possibility of selecting an instant playmaker. i honestly wouldnt mind us trading down to acquire more picks because only one knows we can use as many as we can to fix this abortion of a team. but if we were to select a player at 2, i either want leonard williams or randy gregory. we've ignored defense in the draft for so long and it shows. we're ranked second last in points allowed and cant stop the run to save our lives. im just imagining williams paired up with casey. that front 7 will mask alot of the deficiences we have on the defensive side of the ball

- What i hope we dont do however is waste the top pick on another qb. we tried that already 2 times and its set the franchise back for a total of 8 years. i say roll with mett. now he might not be the answer as well. but neither is any qb in this draft. esp. wasting a top pick over. in his limited time of playing, mett did a good job with what he had. consider this. out of all the rookie qb's this draft, he has the highest quarterback rating and ypa. and that was with a depleted o-line and virtually no one to throw to. only qb i would take over him is bridgewater. yea this team has many more needs to address than qb. either trade down or draft a defensive playmaker. get a power back in FA and fix this horrid team

shottas-o.gif

Almost agree with everything you said except for 1 thing. I'm high on Mariota. I think he's going to be a better version of Kaep and I wouldn't mind taking him with the second pick. Now with that being said of I don't think Tampa passes on him so the best move for us to make like you said is trading down. Williams is a beast and even reminds me of Casey coincidentally enough they both went to SC and play the same position but you don't take a 3-4 DE with the second pick in the draft. That's almost as stupid as using a top 10 pick on a guard.. oh wait.. Also it sucks that there are so many good head coaches on the market this off season. I would be all for canning both Wiz and Webster. They can both eat a ? . This was such a disappointing season but again like you said my fear coming into this year was that we would once again be a middling team with a record floating around 500. I would much rather be in the position we are in then the latter. My dream scenario for us is.

Fire both GM and HC

Hire Rex Ryan or Tom Cable as the new HC.

Trade Down(hopefully get a first round pick for next year)

Use our first 3 picks on DE/OLB
    DB(either an corner or FS)and a RT in that order.

Sign a proven veteran WR

Break the bank for Justin Houston(I don't think the chiefs let him walk)

Try and low ball that Redskins and Niners in a trade for RG3(I would be willing to trade a 2nd for either guys)
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a functional offense plain and simple.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giants - draft pass rushing de so we can go back to the old nadcat package days. Revamp the o line. Make a philosophical decision change do we run the rock and let Eli play off of it like our 3 headed rb super bowl team or do we go shotgun and out it all on Eli and risk turn overs
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sanchez had 2 good rbs braylen Edwards santonio Holmes Stephen hill and great defenses. Geno had a hurt Eric Decker. Ivory and trash up til they got Percy late in the year
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Browns

1. We need a QB like always

2. RT & RG

3. Help on the D line

4. WR's
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »

As good as he is, @ this point you/they can't really rely on Sean to be healthy.....

Hey Gronk was always hurt too, I'm hoping Sean Lee can make a comeback the same way. Him plus a decent pass rusher in the middle would make our D very good not just average like it is now.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Bills

Keep the defense intact (hopefully Kiko will be back at 100%)

Find someone who can coach offense and develop a QB

Fix the offensive line
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »

Hey Gronk was always hurt too, I'm hoping Sean Lee can make a comeback the same way. Him plus a decent pass rusher in the middle would make our D very good not just average like it is now.

Tru @ Gronk, but that guy is a workout warrior...

I think he will make a comeback too, but for how long? I think he needs to reevaluate his training, strength & conditioning as far as his workout plans/regimen goes of he hasn't already (like yoga, pilates, plyometrics etc...). He's had knee injuries since college, wrist, neck and toe injuries that have hampered him also. Some of that is uncontrollable but every little bit of how u train helps.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? it franchise tag suh and keep him here
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Giants - draft pass rushing de so we can go back to the old nadcat package days. Revamp the o line. Make a philosophical decision change do we run the rock and let Eli play off of it like our 3 headed rb super bowl team or do we go shotgun and out it all on Eli and risk turn overs

I agree with you about revamping the O-line and getting some pass rushers. I just don't see them going back to the three running back scheme, not with McAdoo as the coordinator.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    ? it franchise tag suh and keep him here

Especially if Fairley gonna leave
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly all the rams need is a quarterback... smh..
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

I agree with you about revamping the O-line and getting some pass rushers. I just don't see them going back to the three running back scheme, not with McAdoo as the coordinator.

Definitely that gotdamn O-line and some younger athletic passrushers for out D-line. It be nice if we can have durable corners for a change and not lose out to injury all the time. Third a consitent running game so we don't have to rely on Eli. Even if we don't go back to the 3 back style at least let's have backs good enough so Eli would hand it off anyway. Lastly let's hope Cruz and ODB the gawd are both 100% next season I can't wait to see how they play together.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Packer fans should be in here next week
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saints

I don't even know where to start.

First, I'd probably address our offensive line via the draft and get a lineman.

I'd draft a defensive tackle in the later rounds as well; Bunkley's ass looked old slow and injury prone there toward the end and our defensive line gets absolutely zero pressure on opposing QBs and o-lines.

I'd try to get a decent corner via the draft if one is available in the later rounds if not pick a decent bargain corner in free agency.

I'd try to keep Khiry Robinson as much as I hate to say it I think Mark Ingram might be gone unless he's willing to take a home town discount which I don't.

Lofton and Hawthorne aren't great but that aren't just horrible either in my opinion as our linebackers go so we might be stuck with them.

I'd probably try to pick up a back up corner and another offensive lineman via free agency as well if we could get decent ones for cheap I'm not an expert on the salary cap like some of yall are but I know we are over it.

After making those moves I'd just hope that our DBs like Kenny Vaccaro, Jarius Byrd, and Keenan Lewis stay healthy.

Much as I hate to say it Colston's ass needs to be cut and let's see what we have with guys like Brandon Cooks, Kenny Stills, and Nick Toon at the receiver.

Maybe bring Colston back as a receivers coach or in some management role after he retires and retire is his number similar to what they did with Deuce
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Titans-

Get a real QB via free agency or the draft.

Find a go to WR

Wisenhunt is NOT the answer, get rid of him