Nicki Minaj on Rollingstone cover and Why black artist are silent

Options
Mr.LV
Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
nicki-minaj-covers-rolling-stone.jpg

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nicki-minaj-on-black-artists-speaking-out-look-what-happened-to-kanye-20141230

On Eric Garner’s death: "It's sickening, and I've been reading so many people saying, 'Why are we surprised?' That's what's really sad: that we should somehow be used to being treated like animals. It's gotten to the point where people feel like there's no accountability: If you are law enforcement and you do something to a black person, you can get away with it."

On black artists speaking out on social issues: “I feel like when Public Enemy were doing "Fight the power" we as a culture had mor power-now it feels hopeless. People say, 'Why aren't black celebrities speaking out more?' But look what happened to Kanye when he spoke out. People told him to apologize to Bush! He was the unofficial spokesman for hip-hop, and he got torn apart. And now you haven't heard him speaking about these last couple things, and it's sad. Because how many times can you be made to feel horrible for caring about your people before you say, '? it, it's not worth it, let me live my life because I'm rich, and why should I give a ? ?”

Comments