So what happens after the book of Revelations?

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
Four horsemen, dragons, lake of fire, Babylon, etc etc. After all of that fantastical ? , the laws is supposed to live physically on a new earth with a new heaven as well with all of "his" people past and present.

Ignoring the plotholes of the premise thus far, what happens then? The entire planet is then governed by an all powerful authoritarian dictatorship with control over all of reality? And everyone is going to be ok with it? With no death, the new Heaven is rendered useless. Does this mean no more culture, entertainment, scientific progress, or recreational activities? How are people who lived in different eras of humanity supposed to coexist or relate to one another? No more sex? Isn't that population control? And if there is going to be sex, will the planet just continuously expand to accommodate a population easily over a trillion?

And this is an end of times you people look forward to?

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Four horsemen, dragons, lake of fire, Babylon, etc etc. After all of that fantastical ? -
    i remain unconvinced people are supposed to be taking this book so literally

• soul rattler
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Four horsemen, dragons, lake of fire, Babylon, etc etc. After all of that fantastical ? -

Whether or not it was meant to be literal is entirely besides the point.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    From my little experience with Bibles is that what happens after the Book of Revelation comes...the index where important Bible words are reference. Oh wait...that's not what you meant.

Heaven would be boring if the heart is never satisfied. It wouldn't even be worth calling it Heaven if we are spending eternity trying to find contentment. It would be Hell to have to go through that...wait, that is Hell.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the assumption that religion is a deliberate attempt at social is true I would disagree
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Great question Soul Rattler.....the priests in Catholic School never gave me a straight answer on this when I was growing up. Usually they said Jesus would rule over the world with an iron fist but loving heart and punish sin every chance he gets. I then asked what would happen to all the atheists and polytheists and Hindus and they usually said if they didn't convert, they would be punished for all of eternity. Sounds like a Christian version of Islamic State.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, he will give them eternal life: But to them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, he will give indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that do evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that believes in doing good (and does so), to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with ? .
  • janklow
    Options
    your use of the phrase "after all of that fantastical ? " implies it's quite relevant whether or not the book should be taken literally.

• soul rattler
    Options
    Great question Soul Rattler.....the priests in Catholic School never gave me a straight answer on this when I was growing up. Usually they said Jesus would rule over the world with an iron fist but loving heart and punish sin every chance he gets. I then asked what would happen to all the atheists and polytheists and Hindus and they usually said if they didn't convert, they would be punished for all of eternity. Sounds like a Christian version of Islamic State.

A caliphate. Depressing to say the least.

@ the bolded, here's what's so odd about this answer. So an all knowing entity would punish those who don't convert? Is conversion out of fear true conversion? People sell out and ignore their conscience all the time. What if a logical atheist says "Ok ok this is ? but whatever... Praise the lawd"? Does that count?
    Judah Back wrote: »
    ? will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, he will give them eternal life: But to them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, he will give indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that do evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that believes in doing good (and does so), to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with ? .

Yeah yeah. After all that. Then what? Or are you saying that people will still have the option to disbelieve and disobey? If that's the case, what's the point of a new beginning?
    your use of the phrase "after all of that fantastical ? " implies it's quite relevant whether or not the book should be taken literally.

Regardless of the fantastical ? , there is a specifically described world state, which is what this thread is about. Whether or not there are literal scrolls, horsemen, or dragons is not relevant to this discussion.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The point is that there will only be righteous man and women left
  • janklow
    Options
    Regardless of the fantastical ? , there is a specifically described world state, which is what this thread is about. Whether or not there are literal scrolls, horsemen, or dragons is not relevant to this discussion.
    if you don't think the book is LITERAL, it probably makes a difference "what happens then?" same if you think it refers to long-past events.

it's not like your initial response was "for the sake of this thread, presume what's written LITERALLY HAPPENS."
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you don't think the book is LITERAL, it probably makes a difference "what happens then?" same if you think it refers to long-past events.

it's not like your initial response was "for the sake of this thread, presume what's written LITERALLY HAPPENS."

His kingdom will come and His kingdom will sit upon this earth gloriously! And guess what? It will be a LITERAL Kingdom and it will have a LITERAL King, the Lord Jesus Christ, as its ruler forever and ever! And guess what? This will happen whether you LITERALLY believe it or not. Because guess what? We will return to dust, and there will be a LITERAL resurrection to face. And there will be no hiding place for you to hide, no computer screen for you to sit behind, no cover for you to wrap yourself in, nor any place where you can fathom that will stop you from facing your appointment date with King Jesus that will LITERALLY happen. Amen.

So I'd advise you to get on board with King Jesus by trusting Him with all your heart, soul, and mind! He loves you and wants to make His abode with you. Will you make space for Him today my friend?

• soul rattler
    Options

His kingdom will come and His kingdom will sit upon this earth gloriously! And guess what? It will be a LITERAL Kingdom and it will have a LITERAL King, the Lord Jesus Christ, as its ruler forever and ever! And guess what? This will happen whether you LITERALLY believe it or not. Because guess what? We will return to dust, and there will be a LITERAL resurrection to face. And there will be no hiding place for you to hide, no computer screen for you to sit behind, no cover for you to wrap yourself in, nor any place where you can fathom that will stop you from facing your appointment date with King Jesus that will LITERALLY happen. Amen.

So I'd advise you to get on board with King Jesus by trusting Him with all your heart, soul, and mind! He loves you and wants to make His abode with you. Will you make space for Him today my friend?
    Tell us more about this kingdom. Will there be freedom of thought?
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So jonas in the whales belly was LITERALLY 72 hours? A snake LITERALLY spoke to the first humans? Moses LITERALLY parted the sea? The earth is LITERALLY roughly 7000 yrs old? ? LITERALLY created light before the sun and the moon and thought it was good?
  • soul rattler
    Options

If we took none of it to be understood literally, then there would be no discussion. Making a thread meant for discussion and then saying "please have discussion in this thread" is redundant unless I would be asking someone to stay on topic, which is what I now find myself asking you to do.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

1. Freedom of thought is dependent on having the mind of Christ.

"5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of ? , thought it not robbery to be equal with ? : 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore ? also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of ? the Father."Philippians 2:5-11

Humility is the chief characteristic of having freedom of thought. You see when you have true freedom, you don't think of yourself, but you think of others. Therefore are you willing to serve before you are served my friend? Or do you want to continue to be the misplaced head, but in all actuality you are really the tail and thus are being led head long into a wide and deep pit, from which there is no escape if you fall therein?

2. One thing for sure about this coming kingdom is that there will be 2 things that freedom of thought will allow us to experience.

1. An eternal existence without sin. Hallelujah!

"Whatever you devise against the LORD, He will make a complete end of it. Affliction shall not rise up the second time." Nahum 1:9

2. No memory of the former life that we are now living. Meaning that all those who did not make it into the Kingdom will never be thought of again, once ? wipes away all tears from the redeemed eyes on the last day! The wicked will be like a dream in the night and ashes under the soles of the righteous feet. Amen.

"1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from ? out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of ? is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and ? himself shall be with them, and be their ? . 4And ? shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his ? , and he shall be my son.
    " Revelation 21:1-7

So the question is do you want life? And the life that ? gives is everlasting. Will you receive it today my friend?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

So jonas in the whales belly was LITERALLY 72 hours? A snake LITERALLY spoke to the first humans? Moses LITERALLY parted the sea? The earth is LITERALLY roughly 7000 yrs old? ? LITERALLY created light before the sun and the moon and thought it was good?

"Behold, I am the LORD, the ? of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?"
    Jeremiah 32:27
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pearls before swine
  • janklow
    Options
    you might want to have a chat with the thread starter
    If we took none of it to be understood literally, then there would be no discussion. Making a thread meant for discussion and then saying "please have discussion in this thread" is redundant unless I would be asking someone to stay on topic, which is what I now find myself asking you to do.
    so you probably should have just said "this thread assumes it's being taken literally" instead of the whole "whether or not it was meant to be literal is entirely besides the point" thing, i guess
  • kingblaze84
    Options

"Behold, I am the LORD, the ? of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?"

Coming back to Earth to show himself and stopping the pussyfooting apparently is very difficult for your guy.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think at the end the butler did it
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    you might want to have a chat with the thread starter
    so you probably should have just said "this thread assumes it's being taken literally" instead of the whole "whether or not it was meant to be literal is entirely besides the point" thing, i guess

I will, but have you said Yes to the King of the universe my friend?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Coming back to Earth to show himself and stopping the pussyfooting apparently is very difficult for your guy.

? pronounces a Woe upon all those who desire the day of the LORD my friend. I would be wary because the LORD can come suddenly, in a moment, and then what will your cry be when He comes and finds you naked?
  • kingblaze84
    Options

? pronounces a Woe upon all those who desire the day of the LORD my friend. I would be wary because the LORD can come suddenly, in a moment, and then what will your cry be when He comes and finds you naked?

Jesus is gonna find me in the shower or while I'm smashing? Sounds like a pervert.
  • janklow
    Options
    I will, but have you said Yes to the King of the universe my friend?
    not sure i can support any religion espoused by people who ? about me on the internet
    Jesus is gonna find me in the shower or while I'm smashing? Sounds like a pervert.
    JESUS IS ALWAYS WATCHING
    ALWAYS

• soul rattler
    Options

1. Freedom of thought is dependent on having the mind of Christ.

"5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of ? , thought it not robbery to be equal with ? : 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore ? also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of ? the Father."Philippians 2:5-11

Humility is the chief characteristic of having freedom of thought. You see when you have true freedom, you don't think of yourself, but you think of others. Therefore are you willing to serve before you are served my friend? Or do you want to continue to be the misplaced head, but in all actuality you are really the tail and thus are being led head long into a wide and deep pit, from which there is no escape if you fall therein?

2. One thing for sure about this coming kingdom is that there will be 2 things that freedom of thought will allow us to experience.

1. An eternal existence without sin. Hallelujah!

"Whatever you devise against the LORD, He will make a complete end of it. Affliction shall not rise up the second time." Nahum 1:9

2. No memory of the former life that we are now living. Meaning that all those who did not make it into the Kingdom will never be thought of again, once ? wipes away all tears from the redeemed eyes on the last day! The wicked will be like a dream in the night and ashes under the soles of the righteous feet. Amen.

"1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from ? out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of ? is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and ? himself shall be with them, and be their ? . 4And ? shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his ? , and he shall be my son.
    " Revelation 21:1-7

So the question is do you want life? And the life that ? gives is everlasting. Will you receive it today my friend?

Don't ? double talk me. I asked you if there would be freedom of thought and your response was "Yes. And by yes, I mean no."

If I can only think like Jesus and remember the things Jesus wants me to remember, then I do not have freedom of thought.

Next question: Will there be progress or accomplishments to be made in this kingdom or will it be a stagnant state of reality?