So Boko Haram is out there wiping towns off the map?

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well to be fair, part of the reason the Middle East is the way it is is because of missteps that the West made. Let's not act like half the problems we're cleaning up in that region weren't put there or empowered by us (e.g., Hussein, Bin Laden, Taliban, etc...)
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    And we cannot just leave the middle east alone if we do the world will spin off into chaos. America tried this leave the world alone ? pre ww2. It does not work, war is inevitable . The ideology of radical Islam must be stamped out it's more dangerous than communism was. It is the stated goal of Islamist to ? or convert the world into Islam.

Get off the boogieman ? . Find a new act, yours is old.

The boogie man does not capture and enslave hundreds of little girls and post a video bragging about it on youtube or chop heads off or line up people to get shot in the head in trying to defend your religion you are borderline joining the tin foil hat crew.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well to be fair, part of the reason the Middle East is the way it is is because of missteps that the West made. Let's not act like half the problems we're cleaning up in that region weren't put there or empowered by us (e.g., Hussein, Bin Laden, Taliban, etc...)

It could be but these countries aren't actively working to resolve their own issues. Hell, with Saudi, and UAE money the region should be more stable. Tribalism, greed and racism are possibly more of the issue in the region.

• Kwan Dai
    Options
    And we cannot just leave the middle east alone if we do the world will spin off into chaos. America tried this leave the world alone ? pre ww2. It does not work, war is inevitable . The ideology of radical Islam must be stamped out it's more dangerous than communism was. It is the stated goal of Islamist to ? or convert the world into Islam.

The boogie man does not capture and enslave hundreds of little girls and post a video bragging about it on youtube or chop heads off or line up people to get shot in the head in trying to defend your religion you are borderline joining the tin foil hat crew.

You are incapable of a rational thought. You are a coward and are in need of a boogieman to fit your scary ass narrative. Their is no such thing as an Islamist. More importantly the idea that the made up Western media's title of radical Islam is going to take over the world if not stopped any more, so, then the KKK, Jim Jones or Timothy McVeigh did is asinine.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Middle East won't be safe until it's united. Leaving it won't solve anything just like leaving Nigeria alone won't solve anything.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    What you guys are saying is why I think going the private military route for help would be best for them. The mercs just want money. After they get that, they're out. They aren't going to be trying to get their hands in the ? after the job is done like other countries will.

And who's going to pay for all those troops and equipment. Survey not Nigeria cause it that was the case they might as well hired better drill sargent'sor whatev er they have over there to better train there soliders.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options

You are incapable of a rational thought. You are a coward and are in need of a boogieman to fit your scary ass narrative. Their is no such thing as an Islamist. More importantly the idea that the made up Western media's title of radical Islam is going to take over the world if not stopped any more, so, then the KKK, Jim Jones or Timothy McVeigh did is asinine.

Islamist are killing people and erasing whole towns yet you keep denying their existence. Call them whatever the ? you want to call them they are killing people.

The stated goal of Isis is to take control of as much of the world as they can. I mean after that last post I don't know how anyone can take you serious.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    What you guys are saying is why I think going the private military route for help would be best for them. The mercs just want money. After they get that, they're out. They aren't going to be trying to get their hands in the ? after the job is done like other countries will.

And who's going to pay for all those troops and equipment. Survey not Nigeria cause it that was the case they might as well hired better drill sargent'sor whatev er they have over there to better train there soliders.

Sometimes paying for an army is cheaper and more efficient than putting one together.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options

Sometimes paying for an army is cheaper and more efficient than putting one together.

yes but it does not solve the actual problem because once the world see that you are this weak it becomes open season on your ass. say these mercenaries destroy boko how long to you think it will be before some other murderous group starts doing the same thing??? once the mercenaries finish their job who is only to continually protect the people??? not the army they get run the ? off instead of fight.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

yes but it does not solve the actual problem because once the world see that you are this weak it becomes open season on your ass. say these mercenaries destroy book how long to you think it will be before some other murderous group starts doing the same thing??? once the mercenaries finish their job who is only to continually protect the people??? not the army they get run the ? off instead of fight.

Yeah, you right.
  • The_Jackal
    Options

It's not though which is way no self respecting country would replace it's army with private contractor's. What happens when someone with more money comes along or what or you going to do if as soon as they leave the rebels who they didn't ? come out of hidinh. It's unreliable
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

It's not though which is way no self respecting country would replace it's army with private contractor's. What happens when someone with more money comes along or what or you going to do if as soon as they leave the rebels who they didn't ? come out of hidinh. It's unreliable

Yeah, you and zombie make a good point about what happens after Boko. I'm not suggesting that they replace their army or forever put off improving it. I'm just saying that they have to do something right now because Boko is off the chain. They don't have the time to get their army in fit condition and hiring mercs would be preferable to getting help from other nations.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Islamist are killing people and erasing whole towns yet you keep denying their existence. Call them whatever the ? you want to call them they are killing people.

The stated goal of Isis is to take control of as much of the world as they can. I mean after that last post I don't know how anyone can take you serious.

I will keep denying their existence because, there is no such thing. Nigerian who proclaim to be Muslims are killing Nigerians of all faiths, most of the Muslims up to this point and I have acknowledged this from the very outset. You are the only ignoramus incapable of seeing the tragedy for what it is.

You believe anything that fits your scary ass narrative.

• zombie
    Options

I will keep denying their existence because, there is no such thing. Nigerian who proclaim to be Muslims are killing Nigerians of all faiths, most of the Muslims up to this point and I have acknowledged this from the very outset. You are the only ignoramus incapable of seeing the tragedy for what it is.

so muslims killing muslims is the reason for your denial of islamist existence or would you rather I call them fundamentalist
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    @Kwan Dai Islamists = Islamic Extremists. Are you really taking the stance that there are no extremist sects of Islam?
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    @Kwan Dai Islamists = Islamic Extremists. Are you really taking the stance that there are no extremist sects of Islam?

I sure am. That is a title made up by Western Politics.

• Kwan Dai
    edited January 2015
    Options

so muslims killing muslims is the reason for your denial of islamist existence or would you rather I call them fundamentalist

My reason for denial is because, their is no such word. Islam is an Arabic word. And their is no such word of Islamist in Arabic. I'd rather you call them Muslims who are sinning against Islam, Muslims who are lying on Allah. Or not call them Muslim at all.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

I'm not playing a semantical game here. What you want to call them is irrelevant. Are you really saying that there are no Muslim groups that are out there taking a hard lined view of Islam and using that to excuse terrorism and acts of atrocity?
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options

My reason for denial is because, their is no such word. Islam is an Arabic word. And their is no such word of Islamist in Arabic. I'd rather you call them Muslims who are sinning against Islam, Muslims who are lying on Allah. Or not call them Muslim at all.

lol hhahahahahahahah

you have got to be ? joking who are you or me to decide that they are sining against islam when these people use the direct example of Muhammad and his companions as a pattern for their behavior.
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

this seems like you're trolling, but I actually think you believe this ? , did someone drop something else in your ? because I think you've been smoking drugs.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

I'm not playing a semantical game here. What you want to call them is irrelevant. Are you really saying that there are no Muslim groups that are out there taking a hard lined view of Islam and using that to excuse terrorism and acts of atrocity?

You cannot play semantics with words that do not exist. What I call them is very relevant and what a Non-Muslim, Non-Arabic speaking person calls them is irrelevant.

What I am saying is, There are Muslims sinning against ? , Muslims who are lying on Islam committing acts of violence. There are many Muslims who would classify these types as not Muslim at all.

I personally don't go that far because, it's not my place to make that call ? will deal with them justly when, they are called to answer for their crimes against humanity.

• Kwan Dai
    Options

lol hhahahahahahahah

you have got to be ? joking who are you or me to decide that they are sining against islam when these people use the direct example of Muhammad and his companions as a pattern for their behavior.

And I have addressed every last one of your Hack copy and paste jobs trying to fit your narrative. And you failed miserably.

• Kwan Dai
    Options
    REV_RAGE wrote: »

this seems like you're trolling, but I actually think you believe this ? , did someone drop something else in your ? because I think you've been smoking drugs.

I'm trolling yet you stroll into a conversation with nothing value to add.

As soon you find me the Arabic word Islamists I will play along. Until then fall back you aren't equipped.

• zombie
    Options
    this kwan dai idiot is ? delusional
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

You cannot play semantics with words that do not exist. What I call them is very relevant and what a Non-Muslim, Non-Arabic speaking person calls them is irrelevant.

What I am saying is, There are Muslims sinning against ? , Muslims who are lying on Islam committing acts of violence. There are many Muslims who would classify these types as not Muslim at all.

I personally don't go that far because, it's not my place to make that call ? will deal with them justly when, they are called to answer for their crimes against humanity.

lol That's not how language works. The word clearly exists and has a meaning. You denying its existence isn't even playing semantics. It's just being silly.

Islamist or Islamic Extremist is defined as a person who claims to follow Islam and interprets the tenets of the faith in a way that promotes extreme and violent practices. There are most certainly Muslim or practitioners of Islam if you prefer than fit into that category.