Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    ome heathen pagen ? .

All of your religious holidays and practices are from pagan beliefs. If you celebrate easter or christmas you are pagan and your ? is gonna send you to hell for it.

THAT'S COMPLETE FALSEHOOD.

Facts bruh, dispute me with facts.

i don't need much facts for this simple logic will be enough

The christian ? punishes the sin of worshiping other gods

pagan christmas included the worship of pagan gods
    christian christmas does not.
    pagan easter included the worship of pagan gods
    christian easter does not.

Therefore a christian observing christmas or easter while adhering to the doctrine of his religion is in no danger or hell fire at least not for his observance. I COULD give you more scriptural proof to prove your statement wrong but it would be a waste on someone like you

And worshipping false idols. Worshipping can be construed as broad terms, you know kinda how you Christians always have a passage that fits what you're trying to preach. The fact that you put up pagan symbols in your house could be worship. The fact that you put your gifts under the tree as its the centerpiece of festivities could be interpreted as worship. All of these are pagan symbols. Just be christians adopted them doesnt make them any less than what they were intended to be. and christians dont use logic, your book is the infallible truth yet snakes can talk and people can live in whales for 3 days and the story of creation is physically impossible.

Do you know who determines/interpreats worship??? ? and no one else that's why several times he rejects the worship of people who come to him following the strictest form i can give you those verse if you wish. SIMPLY putting up symbols that have no spiritual meaning to you is no disrespect to ? , because after all they are just pieces of wood or plastic plus once something is used for righteousness it is no longer unholy this principle is represented by christians being able to eat meat intended for pagan worship as long as it does not affect another person conscience.

as for the snakes and the whale of course they are not physically possible that's why they are meant to be taken as metaphor.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Some heathen pagen ? .

All of your religious holidays and practices are from pagan beliefs. If you celebrate easter or christmas you are pagan and your ? is gonna send you to hell for it.

Therefore a christian observing christmas or easter while adhering to the doctrine of his religion is in no danger or hell fire at least not for his observance. I COULD give you more scriptural proof to prove your statement wrong but it would be a waste on someone like you

There is no worshiping of any ? during those days. It's all about Jesus, unless you feel Jesus is ? . Many have gone to war over that little detail. Beyond that, the traditions that are being utilized are indeed pagan in Origin. First, there is the date and time which are not accurate to the time that Jesus either was born or died. Second those dates are around celestial events. Many cultures celebrated around the time of Christmas for the Winter Solstice. During the time of Jesus, the Romans used a completely different Calendar which is why many historical dates after that are thrown off. England was actually one of the last to change along with their colonies (America). The Eastern orthodox still use the Julian Calender so their dates are different for celebration. Christmas for the Orthodox was is January 7th.

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/orthodox-christmas-day

The Pagan traditions used the Mistletoe and Christmas tree with decorations. Pegan traditions were included to attract German barbarians. Funny enough, it was the cult of Saint Nicholas that bought Christianity to them and made the alterations to fit.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm

Easter is a worse offender because it actually uses the name of the Pagan ? Eostre which is represented by a rabbit. It is held around the time of the Spring Equinox. There was also the fact that in Rome the ? born ? Attis was celebrated and he died and rose again annually.

eostre.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism

Then there is the Holiday that you don't even want to accept anymore. Halloween or All hollows eve which was once Samhein which was celebrated on the 31st and at the end of the Summer. Somehow, this holiday has become a symbol of evil. Costumes, Goodies (fruits and nuts), spooky stories, and jack-o-lanterns came from these traditions. This tradition celebrating the previous harvest and warding away wicked spirits to protect the next harvest. Of course, Christians adopted to traditions to more easily spread their faith. They wanted that day to be a remembrance of the dead, saints and Martyrs.

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/onlinediscipleship/halloween/halloween_Pagan_Ankerberg.aspx

Smh I never argued that the origins of the traditions were not pagan and thanks for the information but it's irrelevant to the actual point.

Touche. I was going to let that slide but, you don't think it's problematic to celebrate the religions of other Gods? You think it's cool to co-opt other religions and incorrectly (date wise) superimpose a Christian religion on top of another religion while keeping all the things that represents the other ? and not your ? ?

@zombie

but we are not celebrating those other gods we are celebrating our ? using their traditions and the things we use in those celebration no longer represent those other gods in our hearts.

19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from ? ’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
    1 corinthians 9

Well, i don't know about the heart, because that's pretty much a beating muscle. But in the mind, all i see is co-opting of others cultures and forced application to Christian life even though those things don't add up in the bible. Enough people know the true origins on those things. Not to mention, the modern day celebration has lost even many of its Christian intent hence the "War on Christmas" diatribe. I'm not comfortable with living lies but, what eve makes you believer right?
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Some heathen pagen ? .

There is no worshiping of any ? during those days. It's all about Jesus, unless you feel Jesus is ? . Many have gone to war over that little detail. Beyond that, the traditions that are being utilized are indeed pagan in Origin. First, there is the date and time which are not accurate to the time that Jesus either was born or died. Second those dates are around celestial events. Many cultures celebrated around the time of Christmas for the Winter Solstice. During the time of Jesus, the Romans used a completely different Calendar which is why many historical dates after that are thrown off. England was actually one of the last to change along with their colonies (America). The Eastern orthodox still use the Julian Calender so their dates are different for celebration. Christmas for the Orthodox was is January 7th.

The Pagan traditions used the Mistletoe and Christmas tree with decorations. Pegan traditions were included to attract German barbarians. Funny enough, it was the cult of Saint Nicholas that bought Christianity to them and made the alterations to fit.

Easter is a worse offender because it actually uses the name of the Pagan ? Eostre which is represented by a rabbit. It is held around the time of the Spring Equinox. There was also the fact that in Rome the ? born ? Attis was celebrated and he died and rose again annually.

eostre.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism

Then there is the Holiday that you don't even want to accept anymore. Halloween or All hollows eve which was once Samhein which was celebrated on the 31st and at the end of the Summer. Somehow, this holiday has become a symbol of evil. Costumes, Goodies (fruits and nuts), spooky stories, and jack-o-lanterns came from these traditions. This tradition celebrating the previous harvest and warding away wicked spirits to protect the next harvest. Of course, Christians adopted to traditions to more easily spread their faith. They wanted that day to be a remembrance of the dead, saints and Martyrs.

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/onlinediscipleship/halloween/halloween_Pagan_Ankerberg.aspx

Smh I never argued that the origins of the traditions were not pagan and thanks for the information but it's irrelevant to the actual point.

Touche. I was going to let that slide but, you don't think it's problematic to celebrate the religions of other Gods? You think it's cool to co-opt other religions and incorrectly (date wise) superimpose a Christian religion on top of another religion while keeping all the things that represents the other ? and not your ? ?

@zombie

but we are not celebrating those other gods we are celebrating our ? using their traditions and the things we use in those celebration no longer represent those other gods in our hearts.

19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from ? ’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
    1 corinthians 9

Well, i don't know about the heart, because that's pretty much a beating muscle. But in the mind, all i see is co-opting of others cultures and forced application to Christian life even though those things don't add up in the bible. Enough people know the true origins on those things. Not to mention, the modern day celebration has lost even many of its Christian intent hence the "War on Christmas" diatribe. I'm not comfortable with living lies but, what eve makes you believer right?

Stop being intellectually dishonest you know very well what is meant by the term "heart" and the modern christmas has only lost it's original intent to the wider society not to practicing christians. There is no living any lie especially in today's world we know the origin of these holidays but it does not affect anything and our use of them to edify our ? is perfectly in line with our religion as i have proved. the apostle paul taught that we should never be bothered by the observance of festivals and new moon celebrations other men's judgements on these things are of very little value because our accord is with ? in heaven who knows our "hearts" when we celebrate these things
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Some heathen pagen ? .

eostre.jpg

@zombie

1 corinthians 9

Stop being intellectually dishonest you know very well what is meant by the term "heart" and the modern christmas has only lost it's original intent to the wider society not to practicing christians. There is no living any lie especially in today's world we know the origin of these holidays but it does not affect anything and our use of them to edify our ? is perfectly in line with our religion as i have proved. the apostle paul taught that we should never be bothered by the observance of festivals and new moon celebrations other men's judgements on these things are of very little value because our accord is with ? in heaven who knows our "hearts" when we celebrate these things

I was basically taking shots at you. It's not "heart", It's cognitive dissonance. Go along to get along. It's also takes a mix of confusion, war, and historical alteration.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co opting pagan traditions just like they co opted the story of jesus from pagan gods. Christians aint ? lmao
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some heathen pagen ? .

A straight falsehood. Only thing you can even debate is that Jesus birthday was before December Easter is dead on
  • zombie
    Options
    Co opting pagan traditions just like they co opted the story of jesus from pagan gods. Christians aint ? lmao

more lies and misrepresentations and i like how you don't have any response to my previous post, you want to be a pantheist fine but don't misrepresent my faith.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Some heathen pagen ? .

eostre.jpg

@zombie

1 corinthians 9

I was basically taking shots at you. It's not "heart", It's cognitive dissonance. Go along to get along. It's also takes a mix of confusion, war, and historical alteration.

Lol i take it that you really don't know how the term heart was used by me and your claims are baseless i did not mention any of the bolded so i don't know where you are coming from with that ? . what exactly are you talking about you are not making any sense. The christian use of earlier traditions to edify our ? is not perfectly inline with what is allowed in scripture so saying otherwise is a baseless claim.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Some heathen pagen ? .

eostre.jpg

@zombie

1 corinthians 9

Lol i take it that you really don't know how the term heart was used by me and your claims are baseless i did not mention any of the bolded so i don't know where you are coming from with that ? . what exactly are you talking about you are not making any sense. The christian use of earlier traditions to edify our ? is not perfectly inline with what is allowed in scripture so saying otherwise is a baseless claim.

I know that there is no such thing as from the heart. You either have mental awareness that you are practicing something true and accurate, or you're a damn liar. To start with, your holidays aren't even accurate. How can you even support the rest. I mentioned the bolded because because those are various devices that are used to keep your religion ticking besides "cognitive dissonance. You know exactly what i'm talking about. The phrase from the heart has absolutely no meaning that matters to the discussion at hand. You may think your ? is accepting of your lies, but your mind is doing tricks to reconcile with the lies you're telling yourself.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @FuriousOne

You did not understand what i said at all.

You mentioned ? about war and history but they have nothing to do with the topic at hand. So, WHILE i do know what you are talking about but they nothing but strawmans. The term from "the heart" has everything to do with the discussion because we are talking about ? and religion and you asked me if the celebration of what used to be pagan holidays was problematic i basically responded to you with a NO and gave scriptural reasoning why. The religion teaches that ? only accepts or rejects worship based on the heart or in other words one's conscience and reasoning behind the worship.

with this in mind it makes no difference how accurate the dates are, we can choose to have christmas in may if we wish and ? will accept our worship. don't presume to understand the minds of millions of christians all over the world ? OUT OF HERE with that arrogance. In the first place I acknowledge that the traditions of christmas were originally pagan so your ? claim of cognitive dissonance is baseless, there is no cognitive dissonance needed for me to celebrate christmas because. The bible is very clear we can celebrate any holiday we wish as long as we consecrate it to the lord in our hearts.

There is no bullets in your gun for this discussion you anti-christians on here need to come with something else your arguments are ? weak to the point of transparency.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats like a jew wearing a ? and saying it dont mean what it meant years ago
  • zombie
    Options

500 years from now the ? will mean what people want it to mean. You make it seem like christians took pagan traditions and made them christian yesterday. It was centuries before all those traditions slowly and organically morphed into christian tradition and it was the former pagans themselves that brought this morphing into being when they converted.

AT the very start of the religion of christianity christians associated with pagans and we had no problems having close relationships with them later on they slaughtered us and later on after that we slaughtered them. but christians have the freedom to use the celebrations of pagan is affirmed in the bible itself you don't have a proper argument for why using the symbols of dead religions should violate christian religious tradition.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Some heathen pagen ? .

what about my most sacred religious holiday, the 4th of July, wherein i celebrate the birth of ? 'S AMERICA

• Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @FuriousOne

You mentioned ? about war and history but they have nothing to do with the topic at hand. So, WHILE i do know what you are talking about but they nothing but strawmans. The term from "the heart" has everything to do with the discussion because we are talking about ? and religion and you asked me if the celebration of what used to be pagan holidays was problematic i basically responded to you with a NO and gave scriptural reasoning why. The religion teaches that ? only accepts or rejects worship based on the heart or in other words one's conscience and reasoning behind the worship.

with this in mind it makes no difference how accurate the dates are, we can choose to have christmas in may if we wish and ? will accept our worship. don't presume to understand the minds of millions of christians all over the world ? OUT OF HERE with that arrogance. In the first place I acknowledge that the traditions of christmas were originally pagan so your ? claim of cognitive dissonance is baseless, there is no cognitive dissonance needed for me to celebrate christmas because. The bible is very clear we can celebrate any holiday we wish as long as we consecrate it to the lord in our hearts.

There is no bullets in your gun for this discussion you anti-christians on here need to come with something else your arguments are ? weak to the point of transparency.

First off, the topic is what i want it to be. You aren't controlling the conversation. Not to mention, this conversation has ? all to do with pantheist, so the convo AT HAND, is already what it shouldn't be. You're scriptural reasoning doesn't add up to logical reasoning. I pointed out all the reasons your belief system is shaky and built upon straws. I also pointed out that your flaws are conveniently covered by feelings rather then admission to following murky beliefs based upon the beliefs of others (while simultaneously admonishing those beliefs.) The heart, is the biggest straw-man because it means absolutely nothing and is a catch word for ? just accepts the fact that i believe blindly. Well, i'm sure your blind faith would have blind support. I'm not understanding the minds is the entire point, what i'm seeing is the conviction based on fanciful attributes. Even other Christians would tell you that celebrating pagan religions is idolatry. Outside of your bible, it's just plain confusion to celebrate anything with religious overtones steeped in paganism that not historical relevance to Christianity. Your heart is a muscle my ? , think on that.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2015
    Options

500 years from now the ? will mean what people want it to mean. You make it seem like christians took pagan traditions and made them christian yesterday. It was centuries before all those traditions slowly and organically morphed into christian tradition and it was the former pagans themselves that brought this morphing into being when they converted.

AT the very start of the religion of christianity christians associated with pagans and we had no problems having close relationships with them later on they slaughtered us and later on after that we slaughtered them. but christians have the freedom to use the celebrations of pagan is affirmed in the bible itself you don't have a proper argument for why using the symbols of dead religions should violate christian religious tradition.

It took a world war to change the ? from it's positive beginnings to what it represents now. Others who still follow their original traditions still look at the ? as a positive symbol which was it's original intent. It usually takes a machine with an agenda to ? with an agenda to rewrite perception.
    It is considered to be a very sacred and auspicious symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/?

330px-HinduSwastika.svg.png
  • zombie
    Options
    @FuriousOne

First off, the topic is what i want it to be. You aren't controlling the conversation. Not to mention, this conversation has ? all to do with pantheist, so the convo AT HAND, is already what it shouldn't be. You're scriptural reasoning doesn't add up to logical reasoning. I pointed out all the reasons your belief system is shaky and built upon straws. I also pointed out that your flaws are conveniently covered by feelings rather then admission to following murky beliefs based upon the beliefs of others (while simultaneously admonishing those beliefs.) The heart, is the biggest straw-man because it means absolutely nothing and is a catch word for ? just accepts the fact that i believe blindly. Well, i'm sure your blind faith would have blind support. I'm not understanding the minds is the entire point, what i'm seeing is the conviction based on fanciful attributes. Even other Christians would tell you that celebrating pagan religions is idolatry. Outside of your bible, it's just plain confusion to celebrate anything with religious overtones steeped in paganism that not historical relevance to Christianity. Your heart is a muscle my ? , think on that.

If i am not in control of the topic then neither are you if you want to talk about something else then say so. You pointed out nothing You asked me about christian belief and when i answered you using the source book of all christian belief you went off on other topics in stead of addressing my reply to your question.

The "heart" means something in the religion that we are talking about and cannot be a strawman because it is central to the religion that our discussion is based on. Every other christian would tell you that celebrating christmas is pagan yet almost all christians celebrate christmas does that make any ? sense to you??? THINK before you type what educated christians will admit is that the ceremony of christmas was taken from a pagan source not that it's still pagan. outside of the bible??? there is no outside of the bible in the bounds of this discussion you asked a religious question and got a religious answer.

What feelings?? what the ? are you talking about??? your stupid cognitive dissonance argument i can't have cognitive dissonance about the pagan origins of christmas if i acknowledge those origins. The fact that you cannot understand the metaphor of " the heart" means that your brain is inferior in abstract thinking and therefore you cannot grasp the concept.
  • zombie
    Options

It took a world war to change the ? from it's positive beginnings to what it represents now. Others who still follow their original traditions still look at the ? as a positive symbol which was it's original intent. It usually takes a machine with an agenda to ? with an agenda to rewrite perception.
    It is considered to be a very sacred and auspicious symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.[3]

Once again thanks for the information but i already knew all of that and it does not dispel the truth and point of my post.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

Once again thanks for the information but i already knew all of that and it does not dispel the truth and point of my post.

It actually points out the truth in all the previous statements said about people misrepresenting what is true.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

If i am not in control of the topic then neither are you if you want to talk about something else then say so. You pointed out nothing You asked me about christian belief and when i answered you using the source book of all christian belief you went off on other topics in stead of addressing my reply to your question.

The "heart" means something in the religion that we are talking about and cannot be a strawman because it is central to the religion that our discussion is based on. Every other christian would tell you that celebrating christmas is pagan yet almost all christians celebrate christmas does that make any ? sense to you??? THINK before you type what educated christians will admit is that the ceremony of christmas was taken from a pagan source not that it's still pagan. outside of the bible??? there is no outside of the bible in the bounds of this discussion you asked a religious question and got a religious answer.

What feelings?? what the ? are you talking about??? your stupid cognitive dissonance argument i can't have cognitive dissonance about the pagan origins of christmas if i acknowledge those origins. The fact that you cannot understand the metaphor of " the heart" means that your brain is inferior in abstract thinking and therefore you cannot grasp the concept.

I'm not the one that had issues with the direction of the conversation. Don't mention it as an issue and it will not be one. @the bolded. Everybody does it so that makes it right huh? Mass delusion. You're are living in a duality of knowledge and ignorance. And you are comfy with living this lie in order to support your heart filled truth. But it's built upon a shaky foundation. That is cognitive dissonance.
  • zombie
    Options
    If you ask someone a question and they answer you, you are left with two options

1) accept their answer
    2) or address their answer by asking more questions about their answer

going off and talking about something unrelated to the question asked is how arguments and misunderstandings are born.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    If you ask someone a question and they answer you, you are left with two options

1) accept their answer

going off and talking about something unrelated to the question asked is how arguments and misunderstandings are born.

My statements all addressed the veracity of your answer. So there was a third option.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options

I'm not the one that had issues with the direction of the conversation. Don't mention it as an issue and it will not be one. @the bolded. Everybody does it so that makes it right huh? Mass delusion. You're are living in a duality of knowledge and ignorance. And you are comfy with living this lie in order to support your heart filled truth. But it's built upon a shaky foundation. That is cognitive dissonance.

I have issues with the direction of the conversation when people address my answers to their questions with unrelated topics. IN light of what i said in this thread and of what i quoted from the bible does your reply make any ? sense to you. EVERY christian does it because it is permissible under the regulations of the christian religion that we have chosen to follow. it's written right there in our bible so there is no lie involved you ignoramus, You don't know what the ? you are talking about and really have nothing intelligent to say and i already ? on your cognitive dissonance claim.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

I have issues with the direction of the conversation when people address my answers to their questions with unrelated topics. IN light of what i said in this thread and of what i quoted from the bible does your reply make any ? sense to you. EVERY christian does it because it is permissible under the regulations of the christian religion that we have chosen to follow. it's written right there in our bible so there is no lie involved you ignoramus, You don't know what the ? you are talking about and really have nothing intelligent to say and i already ? on your cognitive dissonance claim.

You being angry doesn't make anything you say factual. My statements were all related to the fact that not only is your religion falsifying beliefs and practices, it's obscuring that fact with coverage from ? . You bible passage doesn't dismiss the truth of reality. You don't seem to understand that anything built upon lies has a shaky foundation. All of those Christians following incorrect information and having it sanctioned doesn't absolve you of willful ignorance. And don't act like all Christians are as aware as you. And no, all Christians do no follow Christmas actually, because i pointed out earlier that the Eastern orthodox church celebrates Christmas on a different date and they don't use pagan customs that are dedicated to another ? .
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Christians Who Don't Celebrate Christmas: Here's Why
    http://www.ucg.org/doctrinal-beliefs/christians-who-dont-celebrate-christmas-heres-why/
    "I cannot find Christmas in the Bible nor can I find that Jesus Christ told us to observe Christmas. Santa Claus is a lie that some people teach their children every year. For that matter, Christmas is false since it has nothing to do with Christ or His birthday.
    "Beyond this, business people, who make most of their income during this time of the year, have increasingly promoted Christmas. Well-meaning people go in debt during Christmas time to give gifts to other people, which in turn motivates other people to give gifts to them. It makes no sense to keep a religious holiday that is not biblical, that Christ never sanctioned, that promotes lying to children, that puts people in debt and that blinds people to what Christ really taught."
    It is a historical fact that Christmas is not the day or the season when Christ was born. So why observe a day that is a lie? Most people do not want to admit this fact. For example, how does the use of Santa Claus depict the birth of Christ? How does the Christmas tree depict Christ? Celebrating Christmas violates at least the First, Second and Third Commandments of ? 's Ten Commandments. Observing a pagan holiday is a sin. ? condemns the worship of pagan gods.
    "The Bible does not command people to observe the birth of Christ as a holiday. This day, Dec. 25, is the date that has been observed for centuries as a pagan holiday in honor of the pagan sun ? . ? commands those who want to serve Him not to observe pagan holidays or any custom that breaks His holy laws.
  • zombie
    Options

1) accept their answer

My statements all addressed the veracity of your answer. So there was a third option.

what do your statements have to do with the instruction of paul on the permissibleness the of celebration pagan ceremonies and them being co-opted by believers. Your ? about cognitive dissonance is invalidated by his teaching which was the answer to your original question in the first place. let me give them to you again

1 cor 9