Blazblue: Continuum Shift

Options
Gnawledgeable
Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in IllGaming
This is the 2nd game in the series. I've never played the first but the 1080p graphics looks great. The reason I didn't get it is because the lack of characters. Since it's 3 new ones, does that make it 15 characters? If people know how to play Street Fighter, can they easily pick up on this game? I figure since it's a new fighting game, it'll be best for people to learn the characters so that way for future games, moves will be known and new characters can be focused on.

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I wanna pick this up isnce I skipped the 1st one, its more like Guilty Gear its not dependant on having perfect spacing and controlling the arena like SF, its more about having a better rushdown and overwhelming your opponent
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i played this for a little when someone ported the arcade version to the pc, but they changed all of litchi's combos and i didnt feel like relearning them, took me a while to get them down...not going through that again

overall it was ok, still a watered down version of guilty gear, compared to sf4 though it has more offensive and defensive tactics/mechanisms, the combos are longer and more weight specific, however the links aren't as tight as SF

i wouldnt pay 60$ for it...but i am a guilty gear head mad at them for making blazblue instead of ggxxx, it's a solid fighter and continuum shift seems more balanced, i think casual or ? fighting game fans can probably enjoy it
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yea i gotta pick this up soon.
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i'm kinda iffy about copping it...the first one was the ? but the story mode was a drag on my spirits...i just didn't get into the characters like that...but the online is on deck...had some good ass matches on there..i may check it out since i need a fighter for the triple
  • Gnawledgeable
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Since the game is only $40 and I mastered Street Fighter, why not learn a new fighting game. I'll make a blind purchase and get it next week.
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Since the game is only $40 and I mastered Street Fighter, why not learn a new fighting game. I'll make a blind purchase and get it next week.

You "mastered" SF? lol you on my friends list?
  • Gnawledgeable
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You "mastered" SF? lol you on my friends list?

Nah, I'm not too much with the online thing.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the move sets are insane. unlearn everything you know from SF.
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nah, I'm not too much with the online thing.

Didnt you used to be on my friends list and got banned or something lol ?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol@ ? s"mastering" ? only to avoid ? online who are capable of handing their ?
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    lol@ ? s"mastering" ? only to avoid ? online who are capable of handing their ?

lol didnt mean like that, I just like playing everybody in SF dont care if I lose or win