Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KRS is just as schizophrenic as Tupac.

About half of what he says makes sense but the other half contradicts it.

You can't really follow what he says to the letter because he's not giving specific, clear instructions to the listener.

He means well (like PAC), he's sincere, but he doesn't know how to really lead. He's been around for 25 years and he still hasn't mastered finance, International finance. He hasn't mastered corporate America. KRS got in the industry around the same time as Jay Z and Dr Dre but they've mastered corporate America and have real power (how they use their power is subject for debate).

To really be a revolutionary you have to master Wall Street and know how international trade works. Then you have enough power to make a real difference. Once you've mastered Wall Street and finance you can buy and sell tv stations and radio stations. You can buy and sell distribution companies. When you've mastered Wall Street and International finance you can buy and sell companies that employ people and create jobs. You can buy and sell sports teams.

When you've mastered Wall Street and Finance you can underwrite movies in Hollywood.

Again, I think KRS means well but he doesn't know HOW to accomplish what he wants to do.

You can't just talk a good game. Thats not good enough in 2015.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Young thug lost
  • matt mane
    matt mane Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

You can't really follow what he says to the letter because he's not giving specific, clear instructions to the listener.

He means well (like PAC), he's sincere, but he doesn't know how to really lead. He's been around for 25 years and he still hasn't mastered finance, International finance. He hasn't mastered corporate America. KRS got in the industry around the same time as Jay Z and Dr Dre but they've mastered corporate America and have real power (how they use their power is subject for debate).

To really be a revolutionary you have to master Wall Street and know how international trade works. Then you have enough power to make a real difference. Once you've mastered Wall Street and finance you can buy and sell tv stations and radio stations. You can buy and sell distribution companies. When you've mastered Wall Street and International finance you can buy and sell companies that employ people and create jobs. You can buy and sell sports teams.

When you've mastered Wall Street and Finance you can underwrite movies in Hollywood.

Again, I think KRS means well but he doesn't know HOW to accomplish what he wants to do.

a revolutionary for wat
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    KRS-One is the GOAT.

That's what I thought 20 years ago.

• *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lol at @5Grand comparing Krs to 2pac.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is crazy old. I don't why they're re-releasing this ? .
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well can't argue this
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Lol at @5Grand comparing Krs to 2pac.

What's the difference?
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn straight knowledge
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand you ? bruh. Instead of listen to the man, y'all be on some "oh that's Krs, ain't nobody tryna hear this old ? ". Ol school hiphop headz be droppin insightful ? . Even if you don't agree with everything he says, he LIVES hiphop culture. This is a hiphop site right? Why do you ? ignore the history smh

Because the teacher fugazi like most teachers in America.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

He just talks too much honestly. As a result he's not very precise with his points.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    krs one is dumb as rocks
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Can't take this dude seriously ever since he attempted to make Hip Hop a religion some years back. Smh.

Do you read the Reason bruh? lol For some of these nggas it is. They just dont know it. These nggas will follow a Big Krit verse before they follow a bible verse

And here's the kicker! Half the times these nggas who dont believe in ? are followin rappers who are using bible verses/theories in rhymes!

But i digress...
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Can't take this dude seriously ever since he attempted to make Hip Hop a religion some years back. Smh.

Do you read the Reason bruh? lol For some of these nggas it is. They just dont know it. These nggas will follow a Big Krit verse before they follow a bible verse

And here's the kicker! Half the times these nggas who dont believe in ? are followin rappers who are using bible verses/theories in rhymes!

But i digress...

Because agreeing with a few bible verses = believing in G-d?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

But i digress...

Because agreeing with a few bible verses = believing in G-d?

I believe he's pointing out that some people out there who reject the notion of ? will still follow some ? that a rapper says even when that rapper's statements are influenced by his own belief in ? .
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's wrong with that?

It's my religion.

it makes more since that Scientology or Mormonism
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I completely forgot all about KRS attempting to make a hip hop religion lol