teacher yells at dad for packing daughter an unhealthy lunch

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
6540761_G.jpg

MISSOURI--(FOX NEWS)--A Missouri father was shocked when he received a letter from one of his daughter's teachers that scolded him for not packing his 2nd grader a "proper" lunch.

A substitute teacher identified as N. Krueger wrote, "Dr. and Mrs. Puckett, the cafeteria reported to me that Alia's lunch today included four chocolate bars, a bag of marshmallows, Ritz crackers and a pickle. Please see that she packs a proper lunch tomorrow. Parent signature requested."

Dr. Justin Puckett, who is double board certified in osteopathic family medicine and obesity medicine, posted the letter to his Facebook page and wrote back, "Request declined."

Puckett and his daughter, Alia, who is a 2nd grader at Kirksville Primary School just outside St. Louis, Missouri, appeared on "Fox and Friends Weekend" today to discuss this "food fight."

"I packed four pieces of ham, pickles, a cheese stick, four marshmallows in a ziplock bag and one chocolate bar," Alia explained.

"The real issue to me here isn't the letter," Puckett said. "It's just more of the overarching theme that sometimes we as parents feel that ... other people are trying to intrude into way we parent our children."

Puckett asserted that the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act championed by Michelle Obama paints with too broad of a brush.

For example, he said, a high school athlete has vastly different caloric needs than someone who is very sedentary.

"To paint those food guidelines with one big brush isn't my recommendation."

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/27943301/teacher

Comments

• Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOEUP Coalition President Hard On Educated
    Uplifting Professionals.
  • MorehouseGammaRay
    MorehouseGammaRay Members Posts: 47 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I commend this teacher for the letter.
    ""I packed four pieces of ham, pickles, a cheese stick, four marshmallows in a ziplock bag and one chocolate bar,"

Lol looking at the dad and the kid who is probably 7 or 8, the teacher is saving her from the inevitable which is being fat and unattractive. Her face is already to an interesting start. No need to be overweight on top of that. Teacher is trying to increase her quality of life which for a women is unfairly determined on appearances. Also it's just a ? lunch. Where is an apple? How about those ham pieces cut up into a salad? Four marshmallows and a cheese stick? SMH
    "The real issue to me here isn't the letter," Puckett said. "It's just more of the overarching theme that sometimes we as parents feel that ... other people are trying to intrude into way we parent our children."

No the real issue is you are butthurt because the teacher is correct and you know it. See parents just want confirmation bias from teachers. Not actual education. Parents and the overarching theme of the government have taken the educating part out of teaching. That's why we lag behind in every important category and we're also fat. You suck as a parent and your kid will end up overweight like you. When she becomes fat you'll look to those guidance counselors and teachers to keep your fat kids self esteem in tact from the years of bullying and lack of dates. You'll beg for that "overarching" theme and when you don't get it or your kid blows her brains out, you'll blame the lack of oversight from the very teachers you are condemning here. ? you and your kid.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess it could have been those big marshmallows.... still though, I'd kick my kids ass if they packed up a lunch like that.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? .

Dad lazy as ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He should have sent a letter back saying 'I'll ? you up'...and ? he doing all up in her lunch anyway
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I packed four pieces of ham, pickles, a cheese stick, four marshmallows in a ziplock bag and one chocolate bar,"

Let's say it was this and not chocolate bars. The ? type of lunch is that? ? is four pieces of ham and a cheese stick yo? That ? ain't even good for a snack let alone lunch.

Bad parenting like a mug. I hate it when people tell other people how to parent but this is some ? .
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Everything she put in that lunch can't even be considered edible food ffs. Her body would have been better off eating nothing at all!
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao, good stuff.
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr. Justin Puckett, who is double board certified in osteopathic family medicine and obesity medicine, posted the letter to his Facebook page and wrote back, "Request declined."

So, professional at work, deadbeat at home. You're surrounded by obesity all day everyday and this is the foundation you set? Looks like he could use some adderall himself.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    REV_RAGE wrote: »

So, professional at work, deadbeat at home. You're surrounded by obesity all day everyday and this is the foundation you set? Looks like he could use some adderall himself.

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol..maybe he needed to go grocery shopping?

The day camp my daughter attended this past summer would check sack lunches every morning cause parents were sending their children with nothing to eat.

It was kinda offensive but I didn't take it personally.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since when do teachers check kids ? lunchboxes? No grown person, teacher or principal should be walking up on child on some let me see what you got to eat today ? ?

If that was my child that is the first ? thing I would checked that teacher for.

What I or my child packed for lunch the teacher ain't getting any of so they should be minding they own ? business and worry about they own damn lunch.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Lol..maybe he needed to go grocery shopping?

The day camp my daughter attended this past summer would check sack lunches every morning cause parents were sending their children with nothing to eat.

It was kinda offensive but I didn't take it personally.

Yeah but you were sending good lunches so it was whatever.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y did he even bring attention to this?
    I know fox only ran with it because they wanted to attack the first lady
    But did he think people would support this ish....is he getting support?
    That fat ? should be ashamed, foh
    Guess he wants biracial grandkids cause I c nothing but rolling around Walmart and a skinny black dude in his daughters future.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr. Justin Puckett, who is double board certified in osteopathic family medicine and obesity medicine
    A substitute teacher identified as N. Krueger wrote, "Dr. and Mrs. Puckett, the cafeteria reported to me that Alia's lunch today included four chocolate bars, a bag of marshmallows, Ritz crackers and a pickle.

K den.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What a pompous ass SUBSTITUTE teacher and unhappy ass lunch ladies
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't relate, my lunch was always on point

oreo-mini-chocolate-sandwich-59048.jpg
    Cool_Ranch_Dorito_Tortilla_Chips.jpg
    14896L.jpgsandwich-bag.jpg

Oh i did it quite right

The key was picking four things, one sweet one salty snack, a drink and a dope sammich

They kids and the parents ? , couldnt see myself ever takin some ? that didnt make sense like that to lunch even if i didnt have food at the crib
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    r.prince18 wrote: »

A substitute teacher identified as N. Krueger wrote, "Dr. and Mrs. Puckett, the cafeteria reported to me that Alia's lunch today included four chocolate bars, a bag of marshmallows, Ritz crackers and a pickle. Please see that she packs a proper lunch tomorrow. Parent signature requested."

Sigh.gif

Eeeevrybody wants to go viral.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I can't relate, my lunch was always on point

oreo-mini-chocolate-sandwich-59048.jpg
    Cool_Ranch_Dorito_Tortilla_Chips.jpg
    14896L.jpgsandwich-bag.jpg

Oh i did it quite right

The key was picking four things, one sweet one salty snack, a drink and a dope sammich

They kids and the parents ? , couldnt see myself ever takin some ? that didnt make sense like that to lunch even if i didnt have food at the crib

Ngga thats a terrible lunch Hahahaha

running-fat-kid-o.gif

Lookin ass lil boi. Get ya fruit game up and we only drink the purest of juices over here playa

cs ? posted some "fruit soda" lmao
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Something else that is fucky here, I KNOW I've seen that dad and little girl before somewhere else.